Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-26-2013, 12:57 PM   #1

plz help with water tank location

Does anyone know where it how I can get the floor plan for a 1984 holiday rambler presidential m34fb fifth wheel. I just bought it and need to know where the holding and fresh water tanks are located so I can install a heating system so they don't freeze. I live in it full time and live in NY. Any help would be sooo greatly appreciated.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-26-2013, 01:20 PM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
should be ez to find the holding tank right under toilet water tank also not hard to locate. look in storage bay or under the 5 th wheel should be ez to see

Old 10-26-2013, 01:27 PM   #3

plz help

The under carriage is enclosed. Which is why I'd like a manual so I can see the locations and be able to heat the tanks. Plus I was n a car accident 4 wks ago and shattered my right femur so not really able to crawl around under there. I'm a service tech @ Camping World in churchville NY and they can't find the manual either.
Old 10-26-2013, 09:28 PM   #4

They won't show locations of tanks, if you're service, you should know that.
You should know that the fresh tank drain will be right below the tank. Black tank is right below the big 3" pipe on a 5th wheel, and under the toilet on a bumper pull. One grey would be between bathroom and kitchen. Two greys will be nearer the bath and kitchen, respectively.
Why do you think it's not heated? HR probably is.
Old 10-26-2013, 09:40 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
If the undercarriage is enclosed, does that not imply that everything is insulated?
sswilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 06:16 AM   #6

plz help

I'm not sure as I have not had the chance to fully look at the fifth wheel yet due to my broken leg. It was dark when I bought it and the guy I bought it from is clueless about RVs. Was given to him by a family member. And I couldn't see underneath bcus of it being dark to know the locations of the low point drain and such. I'm OCD and like to know the schematics of things. I'm not an idiot, I'm just not familiar w/ ramblers. Fleetwood's, cougars, Dutchman etc; I am. But Thk u both for ur answers and help. But I'd still like a manual if someone has. Don't expect it for free.
Old 10-27-2013, 09:03 AM   #7

Try google, bing, ask, youtube, etc. Sometimes you can sift thru all the sites by reading the summary and just maybe get lucky.

This time of year, even with a broken leg, your gotta figure out a plan quick. Extension cords and light bulbs can help. I see here in Ohio at the state park two winter campers who stay all winter uses them. One at the dump valves, one at the spigot water connection.

I would forget about the manual and shift focus to methods of keeping things from freezing. Block wind from getting under the trailer with a tarp or straw bales. Hang a few lights under there. That will help a lot. Get one or two larger propane tanks, buy electric heaters, buy an electric blanket. We camp in 30 degree weather and the little electric heaters really work. You will need 2 or 3 to keep the inside of the rig semi-warm.

Are you at a full-hook up site? If so, what do other people do? Observe others. You might have to post other questions on this site. Maybe go to the full-time section and post a question about winter sub-freezing camping. I know other people do it in Michigan so it can be done in NY.

Good luck
Old 10-27-2013, 09:14 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
You will not be happy trying to full time in that trailer in the winter in NY. Skirting the trailer with a foil backed foam board is a must. For freezing weather, you will need to fill and use your fresh water tank and use that rather than keeping a water hose connected. Same for the sewer hose. Dump the tanks as needed and then drain the hose.

Have you looked at mobile homes rather than an RV.

Ken
Old 10-27-2013, 10:36 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
If the undercarriage is enclosed, does that not imply that everything is insulated?
Hardly. On most mid/lower end trailers that are enclosed, they aren't insulated. Heated maybe, no insulation.

Tags
water, tank