Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-16-2005, 04:59 AM   #1

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I posted this in another forum but this one may be more apprpriet.
My jacks seem to work just the way they were intended. They go down and back up fine . The problem is the beeper and the lights flashing, saying "wait" , "jacks down". When it does this , I have no control. I can't put them back down to start again. I 'can' turn the key off and start the process again but I usually have to just go ahead and drive withe lighs and beeper going. Thank goodness, the beeper has been stopping after 5 to 15 minutes and the lights go out a min. or so later.
Has anyone had a problem like this with their jacks? and did you figure out how to fix it?
I'm thinking that possibly it could be a just a bit low on oil , If I'm lucky that might fix it. The owner manual does'nt say what kind of oil or even how to check it. Does anyone know what kind of oil is normaly used in the jack system?
Any other ideas? Thanks for your help

max49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-16-2005, 04:59 AM   #2

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I posted this in another forum but this one may be more apprpriet.
My jacks seem to work just the way they were intended. They go down and back up fine . The problem is the beeper and the lights flashing, saying "wait" , "jacks down". When it does this , I have no control. I can't put them back down to start again. I 'can' turn the key off and start the process again but I usually have to just go ahead and drive withe lighs and beeper going. Thank goodness, the beeper has been stopping after 5 to 15 minutes and the lights go out a min. or so later.
Has anyone had a problem like this with their jacks? and did you figure out how to fix it?
I'm thinking that possibly it could be a just a bit low on oil , If I'm lucky that might fix it. The owner manual does'nt say what kind of oil or even how to check it. Does anyone know what kind of oil is normaly used in the jack system?
Any other ideas? Thanks for your help

max49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 05:28 AM   #3

hi Max , this is kelstr from thumpertalk ,
how are you doing !
my newmar dp motorhome would do what your talking about with the jacks when i first got it .

it took me awhile to find where and how they wired it ,
they had a relay wired into the system that would open after set time from the buzzer timer and the thing would not let me operate it when this happened ( nor could i start the motor with the key )

i had to wire it myself and bypassed the timer and the cut relay,
i just left the relay in the ignition switch circut so if the old lady did not have the jacks all the way up she could not start the motor ( she is a mennis and can ruin anything very quickly )

i have had to rewire severail motorhomes that were doing kinda this same thing,

did you get a wiring skematic book with your unit ?

most of these jacks were hwh systems with the manuel and auto pannels,

what set up do you have , i am not familer with the name of your unit ?
02 chevy 2500hd 4x4 d/a crew cab sb srw,20k easy rider air ride hitch,air lift bags with compressor for bags and hitch,edge ez juce box and hyperchip,jena my girlfriend a 140 lbs french mastiff and a 175 lbs english mastiff. living in an 02 40' trip
kelstr is offline   Reply With Quote