Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-29-2014, 03:22 PM   #15

just goggle propane regulator with light kit.

2003 Teton Grand Freedom. 2006 Freightliner Century 120 with Detroit 14L and Ultrashift.. Full time going from job to job. Building and maintaining plants across the USA. Sold 2006 Mobile Suites 32TK3
glennwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-29-2014, 05:01 PM   #16

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Sorry Glenn, was not speaking of your post.. Mine also has two wires that go to the gauge on the tank, Currently the panels says Full, the gauge on the tank says about 1/8. See the difference, And at 1/8 the gauge panel SHOULD (by design) show empty, even though I still have 3 gallons (more or less) left. ..

IF it's a regulator sensor though, those work differently and are fairly accurate. But I would not call that a gauge.. (I think the O/P did say indicator, I actually know how they work.

Old 10-07-2014, 07:12 PM   #17

Run one empty, then change! No problem!
Jimwelch01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 07:29 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCFROMFL View Post
I have the usual 40 gal x 2 for propaadne, one on each side. They are supposed to hold about 7 gallons of propane one will show empty but when refilling tank will only take a little over 4 gallons. Thus there is about 3 gallons left ..... but tank will not empty ? ? ?

Any suggestions ?
You could always try the newer style fiberglas tanks. Since they are semi-transparent, you'll never have the question again as to how much is in the tank! They are expensive compared to steel tanks, but they are lighter and easier to haul around empty.

Cheers,
Nick B
Old 10-13-2014, 04:44 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennwest View Post
Sorry you consider me a liar. I do not lie. Against my morals. All the Teton units, to best of my knowledge, had this feature. It is simply two wires coming from top of regulator change over running inside to a panel. Two lights, when empty it comes on. Real neat feature and simple system.

I think that he means the monitor panel not you. The factory supplied equipment is notorious for being inaccurate.
Swamp Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 03:57 PM   #20

"We leave ours on auto. I think our 30 lb tanks take 7 gallons of propane. If we are using propane for heat, the generator, etc., we just check it periodically. How difficult is that? Nothing like waking up at 3:00 am and it is freezing inside because the propane has run out and you have the other tank shut off and you have to get dressed and go open the other tank."

It could be worse you leave both tanks open, and in auto, run out of propane at 3 am and have to remove the bottle in the middle of the night and go and get propane, then reinstall the bottle.
Old 10-26-2014, 10:00 AM   #21

Nothing beats looking at the green indicator once a day/2 days when on auto...
Joe
'09 F450--died, replaced with '10--retired
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 08:55 PM   #22

I dont beleive any sensor, gauge, indicator, or light that comes with any RV. That way Im not disapointed when its wrong.
Dasmoeturhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 09:03 AM   #23

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by glennwest View Post
Sorry you consider me a liar. I do not lie. Against my morals. All the Teton units, to best of my knowledge, had this feature. It is simply two wires coming from top of regulator change over running inside to a panel. Two lights, when empty it comes on. Real neat feature and simple system.
Not calling you a liar,, Just not paying attention close enough (Both of us)..

My comments apply only to Motor homes with mounted tanks NOT to trailers with removable tanks.. YOUR comments apply to a specific trailer with removable tanks. We are talking about different things.. Thus I'm not calling or accusing you of anything I'm not also guilty of (not reading closely enough) and for that I apologize.

Re-Reading the original post I have some advice to the poster:

Take the tank to a Propane WHOLESALE site (some dealers can handle it too) You need a Recertification site that can do tank maintenance. Tell them exactly what you posted.. THEY may well be able to fix it,,, for a small fee, and re-certify the tank for you so it's good for another decade of refills at the same time.
Old 11-06-2014, 07:24 PM   #24

Today my left 7 gallon tanks went red in the indicator and auto transfer to the right tank. Flipped the lever to the right tank. Took the empty tank to ACE Hardware (Sedona, AZ) and they put 7.1 gallons in the tank. The bleeder was flowing pure propane so I know it was full.
Old 11-09-2014, 03:25 AM   #25

I don't like it when DW wakes me up at 3:00 AM so I check the tanks often when using the furnace. I also leave both valves open.

'17' F350 6.7 CC King Ranch DRW 4x4 4:10s B&W 20 K Companion Hitch
'04' NuWa 33.5 RLTG DA Demco GlideRide pin box
Stickdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
propane, tank