Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-04-2016, 05:31 AM   #29

Elmer, are you using in a shortbed truck?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-05-2016, 06:35 AM   #30

I have a long bed. But the ball that attaches to the kingpin can be placed ahead of, or behind, the pin. Placing it behind the pin reduces the torque on the kingpin by 1% but places the font of the RV closer to the truck. Placing the ball ahead of the pin gets you about 3 additional inches. If your RV has a beveled cowl, then you could be good. I would call PullRite directly. I had a 15 minute conversation with a rep who seemed very knowledgeable.
ElmerNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 11:11 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElmerNJ View Post
I have a long bed. But the ball that attaches to the kingpin can be placed ahead of, or behind, the pin. Placing it behind the pin reduces the torque on the kingpin by 1% but places the font of the RV closer to the truck. Placing the ball ahead of the pin gets you about 3 additional inches. If your RV has a beveled cowl, then you could be good. I would call PullRite directly. I had a 15 minute conversation with a rep who seemed very knowledgeable.
Thanks for this info, I had been thinking of adapting the Anderson Ultimate to fit my Pullrite clean bed rails, now I may look at this as I am 65 years old with a herniated disc in my back and just can't handle the SuperGlide 4400 so it stays in the truck. If this will work with my SB truck I will definitely get one. It is a "No Brainer" for me. My wife keeps asking me when I am going to get the Anderson hitch. Now I can get this and keep from having to modify anything.
Elmer, can you give me the info on the rep you spoke with. PM me if you need to.
Elk4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 06:40 AM   #32

Elk4me, I just called the main number from the website and asked for a customer rep. Don't remember his name. FYI, I was going to use the rails from my previous hitch (Superglide) but I sold it with the truck. I would not have been able to as the new hitch has tabs that sit in slots on the top of the rail. The pins then pass through the rail and the tab. I think you will need to buy new rails as well. Good luck.
Old 03-25-2016, 11:02 AM   #33

Pullrite Superlite for short bed

I just called Pullrite and talked to a representative in sales. I was told that due to the 3 inch offset, they do not recommend them for short bed trucks because they can't be sure if the clearance needed can be met. Even with the radius corner front on most new fith wheels. Oh well, back to the drawing board unless I can get my dealer to order one and put it on my truck so I can check clearances.
I don't see why they can't make a hitch pin adapter that has the offset like the Anderson which is 9 inches. If the Anderson tabs are long enough I may be able to have them slot the crossbed rails for the Superglide and drill pin holes in the rails to match the tabs. It would then drop rite in. We have measured the distance between the crossrails and they match the Anderson hitch perfectly for front to back spacing.
Elk4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 06:50 PM   #34

I just picked up my RV out of storage with the new hitch. What an easy feat it is to hitch-up. I am so glad that I sprung for this hitch. I will comment in July when I take it to destination.
Old 06-02-2016, 05:35 AM   #35

Quote:
I just picked up my RV out of storage with the new hitch. What an easy feat it is to hitch-up. I am so glad that I sprung for this hitch. I will comment in July when I take it to destination.
Is there a hole in the ball socket for water to drain out? It is basically a funnel and I'm wandering if it is going to fill up with water?

Thanks
Smitty4ut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 03:00 PM   #36

Yes, There are two holes on the left/right of receiver cup.
Old 06-05-2016, 12:32 PM   #37

Quote:
Yes, There are two holes on the left/right of receiver cup.
I have the Andersen and with the ball in the mount, there is no drainage issue. I also have an F350 SB and no clearance issues with the ball offset toward the tailgate. Both these hitches are a great way to go.
SkiSmuggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 03:03 PM   #38

Demco Highjacker autoslide 18k, made in the U.S.A, super easy to hook and unhook, plus the wrap around jaw pretty much eliminates chucking!
crors7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 04:39 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiSmuggs View Post
I have the Andersen and with the ball in the mount, there is no drainage issue. I also have an F350 SB and no clearance issues with the ball offset toward the tailgate. Both these hitches are a great way to go.
The Andersen has the ball facing up and the cup facing down. The Superlite is just the opposite. The cup faces up and could fill with water when raining with nothing in it.
Smitty4ut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 06:18 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by crors7 View Post

Demco Highjacker autoslide 18k, made in the U.S.A, super easy to hook and unhook, plus the wrap around jaw pretty much eliminates chucking!
Chucking is the fore and aft tugging between the RV and TV. You are talking about hitch SLOP.
Cummins12V98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 07:13 AM   #41

Ford Super Duty Owner
The superglide does have some hitch slop inherent in flexing of the slider pads...
cb1000rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 09:58 AM   #42

I have the Demco like the one in the picture...previously I had a Reese manual slider and the chucking was HORRIBLE...checked the hitch from stem to stern, no slop, no wear. Got the new Demco...no more chucking. I am sure the chucking depends on the set up and had I spent more time and energy I could have found the sweet spot (pin weight - different loading, etc.) but the new hitch resolved all that. I do like the Demco's wrap around jaw with the bar behind it...it's a great hitch.

Even more so, I like the fact I don't need a 'capture plate' to make the slider work...all I need to do is hitch up to any 5th wheel - maybe adjust the bars to fit - and I'm off.

Tim
Timay is offline   Reply With Quote