Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-01-2014, 01:24 AM   #1

New Horizons Owners Club
Quadra Bigfoot

Does anyone have experience with the Bigfoot system sensor issue? During setup yesterday the auto level just kept raising the coach higher and higher. We stopped by turning it off.
In manual mode it was indicating excessive angle. Driver side was way high, but system only allowed input to further raise driver side or lower passenger side. It seemed to be acting opposite from what we had seen previously. Perhaps the sensor has come loose and turned 90 or more degrees? Called Roy at BF in Lake land, FL, and if not for his help we would not have gotten the coach leveled. Quadra was great and we expect more assistance; I am just trying to see if there is anything else I can do to remedy the situation in the meantime.
Thank you.
Pullin' Chocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-01-2014, 09:14 AM   #2

We had 2 sensors and were having trouble with auto level. Sometimes during auto level, one of the front jacks would start retracting. We talked to Quadra and they disabled the rear sensor, installed a different front sensor, and installed a new panel that is supposed to be easier to read in sunlight. We were also having a separate issue with a rear Big Foot jack. We went to their shop and had the work done all under warranty. They were finished by the time we returned from breakfast. Very professional service. We arrived the day before and they have a couple of 30 amp outlets so we could stay the night and be right there for our service appointment the next day. We have not had any issues with our system since this work was done.
jpharley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 12:18 PM   #3

What jpharley described above is the fix. I assume that Quadra will do that for the OP trailer....

We put on the new panel and the new sensor - eliminating the rear sensor. It fixed all the issues.Sunlight on the display is still not great, but it is better than the old one.
Old 02-01-2014, 12:53 PM   #4

New Horizons Owners Club
You might try going into the programming mode first that way you can level the Rig without getting any errors. This may take care of your problems, it did ours.

Turn your panel off, press the FRONT button 10 times then press the REAR 10 times. This puts it in the program mode.

Manually press the Front, right, left and rear buttons to get the Rig level. You can use a carpenter's level in the Rig to make sure it's level.

When it's level press the enter.

I was having the same problem except the front was dropping to the ground and would show excessive angle. the re-programming fixed it.
JPFretired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 03:29 PM   #5

We tried programming it a bunch of times to no avail. It seems to have something to do with having a rear sensor. Quadra was very helpful.
Old 02-01-2014, 04:51 PM   #6

New Horizons Owners Club
Pullin' Chocks,

Let me know what you find out. If I'm not mistaken yours and my Rigs were finished around the same time frame (Apr 2013). I know it's a Gen 2 system and thought it only had one sensor but I could be wrong. I might have to replace mine also if it happens again.

Thanks
JPFretired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 07:08 PM   #7

New Horizons Owners Club
Quadra has had a lot of problems with the Gen 2 system, and it seems the solution has been that they disable the rear sensor and put in new front sensors and the new control panel.
There is a good thread over on the NuWa owners forum on the Big Foot problems and the fix that Quadra has done for them, whether at their shop, or those that they sent the replacement parts to.
Old 02-02-2014, 12:36 AM   #8

New Horizons Owners Club
Thank you all for excellent input. It appears that we have a 2 sensor system judging from the Installation-Owner manual supplied with the rig. We found the front sensor easily, have not seen the rear sensor, but haven't looked specifically for it. I have spent time under the rig for other reasons and looked around while I was there. When setting up yesterday, Roy had instructed us into program mode to get us out of the bind, but it didn't seem straight forward. It seemed that unexpected jacks were actuating upon control inputs, and other surprises. We are going to attempt to depart Virginia and make N. Carolina today. Our target is a Cummins-Onan repair facility. Final destination for February is Jacksonville, FL area. Hopefully we will be able to set up and rehook until we find a repair location. Thanks for the great support.
Old 02-02-2014, 07:10 AM   #9

Call Quadra because they have a repair facility in Florida.
Old 02-07-2014, 10:00 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by NULarry B View Post
Quadra has had a lot of problems with the Gen 2 system, and it seems the solution has been that they disable the rear sensor and put in new front sensors and the new control panel.
There is a good thread over on the NuWa owners forum on the Big Foot problems and the fix that Quadra has done for them, whether at their shop, or those that they sent the replacement parts to.

we have one of the first Gen 2 systems on our camper and had pretty much the same problems .... they no longer use a rear sensor and from what I'm told, getting rid of it has pretty much resolved the problems .... Quadra has been exceptional in backing their products, if you call Rick in product support at 800-752-9815 I have no doubt he will prove to be extremely helpful .... we are already booked into their home facility in White Pigeon, Michigan on June 19th .... our unit is out of warranty but they are going to do whatever it takes to make it right at their expense .... until then I'm leveling ours using manual mode which after a couple of times has proven to be a very simple process

Jim
Old 02-08-2014, 03:34 AM   #11

New Horizons Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEBar View Post
we have one of the first Gen 2 systems on our camper and had pretty much the same problems .... they no longer use a rear sensor and from what I'm told, getting rid of it has pretty much resolved the problems .... Quadra has been exceptional in backing their products, if you call Rick in product support at 800-752-9815 I have no doubt he will prove to be extremely helpful .... we are already booked into their home facility in White Pigeon, Michigan on June 19th .... our unit is out of warranty but they are going to do whatever it takes to make it right at their expense .... until then I'm leveling ours using manual mode which after a couple of times has proven to be a very simple process

Jim
We spoke with Rick earlier this week and indeed he was very helpful and supportive. Rick has shipped out some replacement parts to us here in N. FL. I believe we will receive a new front sensor and more sunlight resistant control panel. All info suggests it is an easy plug and play swap installation.
Old 02-09-2014, 08:35 AM   #12

just a note : after installing the replacement parts, you have to level the camper and then program the system to tell it that the camper is level .... during the process you will be asked if your system has a remote sensor, be sure to indicate NO .... make sure you know which arrow key to hit so as to properly program the system

Jim