Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-25-2012, 01:46 AM   #15

Unhappy

Every time the wife sees the water dripping off our wilderness she thinks something is wrong, can't convince her that it is normal.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-26-2012, 09:40 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrybs
Corey9212 you have enough wattage to run the ac. The problem is the LRA or inrush current each time the compressor starts.
That's what I figured, I know the inverter can handle the LRA easily but I think the batteries would take a huge hit and with 4 - 6 volt batteries might not be enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by partsman01
Every time the wife sees the water dripping off our wilderness she thinks something is wrong, can't convince her that it is normal.
I know what you mean, I'm still getting used to it and have to keep reminding myself that it is normal and ok.

Old 07-26-2012, 01:00 PM   #17

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I am going to take this chance to warn you about a common issue with RV rooftop A/C units and... A possible cure (This is way cheaper than you will expect too).

There are quite a few threads about folks having water dripping down inside the RV.. Now if this is happening when it rains out and the A/C is not running, odds are the gasket is bad or the mounting bolts need to be re-tightened.

But if it only happens when it is running, Then there are several options.

I have had my unit freeze up on me, when I shut it down NIAGRA FALLS as the ice melted.. Next time I switched it to fan mode, the blower sucked the water to the drip pan side of things and out it went on the roof where it belongs.

Other times it has dripped down inside even though it was working normally.

Turns out I was a bit "Low" in front.. I raised the nose of the RV just a couple o finches and,, Well water runs down hill don't you know, Down was now toward the rear and out onto the roof where it belonged.

A few others have found that to be the case as well. FIRST thing to check is your level, if you are low in the noise, raise the front a bit.. Total cost $0.00, (I did say cheaper than you expect didn't I?).
Old 07-26-2012, 10:40 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm
I am going to take this chance to warn you about a common issue with RV rooftop A/C units and... A possible cure (This is way cheaper than you will expect too).

There are quite a few threads about folks having water dripping down inside the RV.. Now if this is happening when it rains out and the A/C is not running, odds are the gasket is bad or the mounting bolts need to be re-tightened.

But if it only happens when it is running, Then there are several options.

I have had my unit freeze up on me, when I shut it down NIAGRA FALLS as the ice melted.. Next time I switched it to fan mode, the blower sucked the water to the drip pan side of things and out it went on the roof where it belongs.

Other times it has dripped down inside even though it was working normally.

Turns out I was a bit "Low" in front.. I raised the nose of the RV just a couple o finches and,, Well water runs down hill don't you know, Down was now toward the rear and out onto the roof where it belonged.

A few others have found that to be the case as well. FIRST thing to check is your level, if you are low in the noise, raise the front a bit.. Total cost $0.00, (I did say cheaper than you expect didn't I?).
That's actually a good (and free) tip. I will check the level tomorrow and see where it sits. Is it ok to be a tad nose high? Just enough to run the water off the end but not enough to make it uncomfortable (cause I know it has to be level for the fridge to work as well.)