Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 01-02-2012, 06:06 AM   #15
I hadn't thought of Velcro, I might try that. Thanks for the suggestion.

2012 Keystone Cougar - 327RESWE, 2011 Dodge Ram 2500 LB w/ 6.7L Cummins
Clackamas, OR
DaveAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-02-2012, 04:44 PM   #16
Newmar Owners Club
You can get all kinds of tv mount from mor/ryde ( the suspension folks ).

Go to www.morryde.com for selection.

1999 NEWMAR American Star (for sale)* Newmar Kountry Kklub # 19708 * THOUSAND TRAILS * 2006 Chevy 3500 Dually Dmax/Ally SOLD* Curt Q20 * Prodigy P2 *US ARMY 1965-1967 * Vietnam Veteran 1966-1967 * Life Member VFW *
99-Am.Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 09:44 PM   #17
Texas Boomers Club
I got a heavy duty arm to mount ours on and after carefully measuring it fits right in the opening and looks like it is standing on the base. But I can pull it out and tilt it or rotate it for a better viewing angle. To be on the safe side I got 2 long pieces of velcro and screwed them into the wall behing the TV so I can wrap it around for travel.
2010 Dodge Ram Laramie Big Bertha
2014 Cedar Creek Silverback 29IK
Dave and Jeannie with Chico & Princess Miss Bella
steelpony555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 11:21 PM   #18
tv mount

Camping World sells tv mounts that use velco and a buckle. I've used these for 10 years without any issues. And this is with the old tube type TV'S. (Much heavier)
Good Luck,
Russ & Dottie
2000 Ford F350 V10 1999 Kountry Star 30RKCL
sprintnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 11:46 PM   #19
iRV2 No Limits Club
Originally Posted by steelpony555 View Post
I got a heavy duty arm to mount ours on and after carefully measuring it fits right in the opening and looks like it is standing on the base. But I can pull it out and tilt it or rotate it for a better viewing angle. To be on the safe side I got 2 long pieces of velcro and screwed them into the wall behing the TV so I can wrap it around for travel.
Almost exactly what I did a couple days ago although I removed the stand and will need to get some velcro or small bungies to secure it for travel.
On the front I rebuilt the cabinet and used a piano type hinge and piece of plywood. Still need to finish fitting the plywood box, glue the padding on and reapply the original vinyl, plus cut some of the old frame to fit.
2009 45' Magna 630 w/Cummins ISX 650 HP/1950 Lbs Ft
Charter Good Sam Lifetime Member, FMCA, SKP
RV'ing since 1957, NRA Benefactor Life, towing '05 Odyssey
Mr_D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 12:40 PM   #20
Originally Posted by DaveAK View Post
I recently bought a new 5th Wheel. In the bedroom there is a shelf for a TV that slides out for viewing. We bought an LCD TV for the bedroom, but haven't figured out how to secure it to the shelf, so we take it down and lay it on the bed for travel.

I would like to find something that I could permanently attach it to the shelf but haven't found anything. There are a lot of wall mounts but nothing to mount a TV on a flat surface that I have been able to find.

Any suggestions?

We have a 2011 Cougar 327 res and we put a 19 inch lcd on that shelf I use the TV hold down mounts they are a self stick anchor with a strap that go's to another self stick anchor. One mounts to the TV and one to the shelf base. This has worked for us it keeps the TV upright and prevents it from moving.They have a latch so you can release them to reposition your TV for viewing.
Eddiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 09:53 PM   #21
Workhorse Chassis Owner
If you want a permanent mount perhaps this will give you an idea. The attached pdf is the OEM flatscreen mount in my MH. It's made from a piece of .1 inch sheetmetal.

New TVs have the four mounting holes on the back which I think they call the VESA mount. The four holes in the sheetmetal attach there. The three holes on the bottom of the mount attach to the shelf. It's a pretty simple part to make if you can bend sheetmetal.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf tv bracket.PDF (130.9 KB, 54 views)

marvel is offline   Reply With Quote