Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-25-2014, 09:38 AM   #1

Raleigh RV repairs

Hi All,

I just want to wish George & his team at Jack of All Trades By George a very big Thank You! George saved my bacon as I got myself into a bit of a jam with our family’s 1st, 5th wheel. My wife & I had decided to use a pension fund which I had & invest it into a new used truck & camper so that we could take some family trips and in essence invest in the family. That said I was working with a fixed budget and being the engineer that I am, I did several months’ worth of research and planning before we ever laid down a cent. We found a great ¾ ton Ram and then it was time to find the 5th wheel.

We found a nice Forest River WildCat & did not see any evidence of issues and/or problems. We made and offer and the seller accepted, we were now the proud new owners of our very first 5th wheel! We picked up the camper the Monday before memorial day in hopes to use it over the holiday weekend. We got it home and started prepping & cleaning and were excited to get our rig on the road and start our adventures! Well when I got to wiping down the panels in the bunkhouse I noticed that it was softer than in other locations, I also noticed a bit of mold on the inside crevices of the corner where the panels meet. My heart sank as I had read so much about water damage and what it could mean in regards to repairs.

At first I was really angry because I was thinking the worst in regards to the cost of a rebuild and Googling water damage sure didn’t help either! I also contemplated doing my own repairs as I’m fairly handy and have done framing, electrical, plumbing, etc. The daunting part of the whole RV thing for me was the fiberglass exterior which after some research also didn’t appear to be impossible. My next issue however was where I would be able to do the repairs? I live in a community where we cannot keep campers in front of the house and therefore I have to rent a storage space for it. The storage space also does not allow repair work which meant that I would have to rent yet another facility where I could do repairs, etc. Therefore, I was looking at raw materials + a temporary storage location + my own time when I wasn’t doing my full time gig. I was ready for the challenge BUT figured I should check out a few local shops to see what kind of estimates they would give me.

In comes Geoge at Jack of All Trades by George… I took my 5er out to see him and I was prepared for the worst, however George took a look around and reassured me that it really wasn’t bad. He said that the 5er was well kept and that there were a few maintenance issues but that the back wall wouldn’t need a full rebuild. He then told me what he & his team would do to restore the wall and we agreed to move forward with the repairs and added a few maintenance items in order to keep the 5er in good condition. George is very upfront and easy to deal with, he & his team are honest and did a great job on the repairs! Yes, the price point was a bit more than what I estimated had I done the work myself BUT it meant that I didn’t have to learn the nuances of RV repair & that I didn’t have to spend a month of my free time cussing at my ignorance. After reading SO many horror stories about dealerships & manufacturers who don’t stand behind their products, services, etc. It is a relief to find someone who is really looking to do right by the customer and not looking to cut corners or do a sloppy job in order to save time & money. In summary I really would like to thank George for making our families dream of vacations by camper a reality & saving my bacon as I felt like I had just made one of the hugest mistakes ever!

Many Cheers & Thanks to George & his team.

Jack of all Trades by George - Jack of all Trades by George

Jack of All Trades by George RV Service and Repairs's Photos
MightyMax2Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Tags
repair, repairs