Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-14-2019, 07:06 AM   #1

Redwood and Luxe 5th wheels

Any Redwood or Luxe owners here? Opinions on both?
Rjb55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-14-2019, 02:08 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjb55 View Post
Any Redwood or Luxe owners here? Opinions on both?

Don't know much about Redwood, but Luxe is pretty nice. Did a factory tour and liked what I saw, but can't come to grips with the price tag for what you get. That, and I'm looking for a toy hauler, and their floorplan doesn't do it for us.

Luxe switched from hung wall to laminated wall recently, which for me was a negative. They claim that the super special foam they use for insulation makes their laminated wall better.

One other thing that I noted - the floors in the Luxe are OSB, but they claim that it's treated similar to marine plywood - not sure on that claim.

I do think you could probably buy two Redwoods for the price of one Luxe, and probably have cash leftover.
aknavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 05:41 PM   #3

My choice neither. Luxe is a bit overrated and redwood very much so. Landmark 365 is prob same pricepoint. Otherwise Artic Fox
consolenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 11:00 PM   #4

Florida Cooters Club
Coastal Campers
FR Riverstone over both. But definitely Luxe over Redwood.
Old 05-19-2019, 07:59 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdpm View Post
FR Riverstone over both. But definitely Luxe over Redwood.
I will agree with this.
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 11:32 AM   #6

I can't say if this is a valid reason or not but several months ago we went to an RV show that was staged right after a snowfall. It was several days later and most of the snow was gone but the temps were chilly outside. The show had units indoors as well as outdoors. We browsed through some mid to high end 5ers outdoors. We went in Grand Design, Vanleighs, Heartland, Montana's and FR Riverstone.
It was in the upper 30's out. The only 5er that had cabinet doors that weren't jamb together and sticking from the cold weather were in the Landmark 365. All the others suffered from the cold weather and when opening the door fronts almost all were hitting each other. I can't really say why Landmarks were fine. Better construction or materials? Anyway I found that interesting. Of course most people would never be in their RV while it's in the upper 30's so most cabinet doors would work fine.
FWIW the Landmarks 365's with full body paint were very nice looking inside and out. Definitely on aesthetics only the Landmark 365 had more appeal than the Riverstone for us anyway.
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 11:43 AM   #7

the landmark 365 is built for cold weather. its one of the few heartland that ive seen take cold weather fairly well. as you seen it shows in 30 degree weather. Full timers go through colder weather then that. i was in single digita this winter.
consolenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 03:15 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by consolenut View Post
the landmark 365 is built for cold weather. its one of the few heartland that ive seen take cold weather fairly well. as you seen it shows in 30 degree weather. Full timers go through colder weather then that. i was in single digita this winter.
When I mentioned cold weather in the 30's I meant staying in one when it's that cold inside the trailer. That would be tough to do.
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 07:18 PM   #9

When we were looking for a front bath unit we looked at the Landmark 365 and it had some nice features, but for us Redwood won out and still doing fine after 4 years of near full time use. We jut felt the Redwood just offered more usable storage space. But what's out there on the market now, I wouldn't give two cents for, so many have been cheapened up so much it isn't funny.
2018 Silverado 3500HD High Country Dually 4x4 Duramax/Allison, 2016 Redwood 39MB, Disc Brakes, Mor/ryde IS, Sailun 17.5" H tires, 5.5K Onan, Dual ACs, auto level, auto sat dish, stacked washer/dryer, residential fridge, King sleep number. Michelle & Ann
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5th wheel