Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-14-2011, 07:30 PM   #15

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Just put 1300 miles on it Columbus Ohio to Naples fla. no major problems. I would caution you though. If you have a new unit with the single generator batt compartment door make sure your slam latch door is well latched even though mine was locked hit a bump on I75 it flew open and scratched my tailgate. Have adjusted latches since alls well

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-14-2011, 07:54 PM   #16

Texas Boomers Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by djkarau View Post
Anyone have any experience with a Redwood Rv...in particular the 36RE or 36RL?
There's considerable discussion on the Thor Forum.

2015 F-150 King Ranch LB 3.5 L twin turbo Ecoboost Toad, Texas Boomers RV Club
FMCA F292298, NRA Benefactor Life Member
dlovitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 08:50 PM   #17

Great news regarding the basement door hinges !!! Any advice regarding how to keep keep the full-body paint finish looking like new ???
Old 11-14-2011, 08:55 PM   #18

Great news regarding the basement door hinges !!! Any advice regarding the care and maintenance of the full-body paint finish ???
Old 11-17-2011, 11:52 AM   #19

Love redwood

Me and my SO purchased a 2012 36RE in August '11 and we absolutely love it. We are full timers (we travel for work) and this is perfect for that. The more time we spend in it the more we realize all the thought that went into the design to make life easy for full-timers. We have had a few minor problems here and there, which would be expected in any RV. Overall we love the Redwood and wouldn't consider any other brand. We got a steal on it, but my SO says we would have still gotten this RV regardless of the price.

We are pretty much settled in but we have had a problem with lights going out. I don't know if we have the wrong bulbs or what, but we are replacing lights nearly every day. Anyone else have this problem? Advice?
Old 11-20-2011, 04:12 PM   #20

Texas Boomers Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFG245 View Post
Me and my SO purchased a 2012 36RE in August '11 and we absolutely love it. We are full timers (we travel for work) and this is perfect for that. The more time we spend in it the more we realize all the thought that went into the design to make life easy for full-timers. We have had a few minor problems here and there, which would be expected in any RV. Overall we love the Redwood and wouldn't consider any other brand. We got a steal on it, but my SO says we would have still gotten this RV regardless of the price.

We are pretty much settled in but we have had a problem with lights going out. I don't know if we have the wrong bulbs or what, but we are replacing lights nearly every day. Anyone else have this problem? Advice?
The halogen lights seem to go out frequently. I replaced the 12 in the living area with LEDs. Now I have a dozen replacement spares. As they go, I'll replace them with more LEDs.

Old 11-22-2011, 09:54 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlovitt View Post
The halogen lights seem to go out frequently. I replaced the 12 in the living area with LEDs. Now I have a dozen replacement spares. As they go, I'll replace them with more LEDs.
Curious about swapping out the halogens for LEDs... Is this 'simply' a bulb replacement or an entire fixture replacement. If just a bulb replacement, are they readily available or exotic special order only - Where do you get them ???

Our dealer warned us about blowing fuses with too many halogens on at the same time... Didn't know about halogen bulbs only lasting a couple of days??? nor that swapping them out for LEDs was an option???

Please advise.

Thanks!
Old 11-22-2011, 03:01 PM   #22

Texas Boomers Club
Entegra Owners Club
I found replacement bulbs on line. They just plug into the original fixtures. They are a little pricy so I'm just doing a few at a time.

I think the halogens don't do as well with the bouncing down the road as the LEDs. They just seemed to go out prematurely.

Old 11-22-2011, 05:37 PM   #23

Do I assume correctly that the LED/Halogen bulbs in Redwood's recessed ceiling fixtured are all 12 volt?
Old 11-24-2011, 05:07 PM   #24

Texas Boomers Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by blorenz View Post
Do I assume correctly that the LED/Halogen bulbs in Redwood's recessed ceiling fixtured are all 12 volt?
Yes, all are 12 volt.

Old 12-10-2011, 12:33 PM   #25

any problems with cooling and heating living room
Old 12-10-2011, 03:31 PM   #26

I'm not bashing Redwoods. If you got one and are happy with it, then great. But the deal breakers for me were: 10" frame, 16" tires (really?), 2" thick walls and the LP tanks are 30 lbs. For me full timing in this unit I would be worried all the time about the frame, pulling are tires adequate and staying in colder areas - wow can you go through some propane at 30 to 40 degrees. Good luck, sure look nice but I went with a real full time unit.
Palpatine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 02:17 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgarroutte
We just picked up our Redwood 36RL. We were lucky enough to find a used unit. Full body paint and love it so far. Hard to find a better looking rig. I`ve ordered the Michelin 17.5 j rated tires and wheels. We traded in a 3400RL Montana with the Goodyear e rated 16" tires that were not much better than an inner tube. We blew 6 out in the first year with around $4000 in trailer damage. Not going to take the chance with the Redwood. Larry
Hoosier 5ver My 5ver came with Chinese name brand tires, after 30k one exploded and did $2000. Damage. The Goodyear dealer who helped us on the road put on two US made good years. When I got home I took my rv to another Goodyear dealer. He matched the other two goodyears with tires from his stock. when I got it home I compared all the tires. They were all the same size, model, rating. But when I read the fine print on the last two I bought they were Chinese manufactured goodyears. I took them back and asked for US made tires. They said that once they mount them on my wheel they belonged to me. I pointed out that I told them up front I wanted a matched set and the tires on one side had a different number of plys than on the other. The thickness of the sidewalls didn't match either. They said they couldn't help me, so I told them to get me a set of US MADE Goodyears in the next load range higher and I'd dispose of the mismatch set. The next day the dealer called and said the warehouse found me a pair of US tires of the original size and that they'd put them on, no charge. I've got about 4000 miles on them so far, so good.
Rv tires rarely come balanced and 15 inch trailer tires come with rubber stems. These should be metal stems do to the high air pressure that is kept in them. To get both done at one place it's necessary to go to a truck or construction tire dealer. Rv dealers don't balance and car tire dealers don't stock metal stems. Gibbs
Old 12-13-2011, 02:09 PM   #28

Redwood RV Forums - Powered by Web Wiz Forums™

I found a forum for Redwood RV's.. There isn't a whole lot of action on it yet.. Redwood is pretty new. I'm suprised to hear that someone already bought a used one. (Was it a repo??) so soon after them just having came out around 1 year ago..

Tags
heartland, rvs