Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-02-2012, 11:15 AM   #43

The only Rewood dealer in northern CA is Toscano's RV in Los Banos, CA, which is off of I-5. I purchased my Redwood there. They are a good dealer and have a very good service department.
doddscp is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-25-2012, 04:35 PM   #44

We have had our 36RE since November and love it. Had a 2010 Carriage Cameo prior to this and we are just as pleased. Some minor issues but nothing of concern.

ptysonjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 12:56 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by doddscp View Post
The only Rewood dealer in northern CA is Toscano's RV in Los Banos, CA, which is off of I-5. I purchased my Redwood there. They are a good dealer and have a very good service department.
B&B RV in Anderson/Redding is a Redwood Factory Approved Service Dealer, they are right on I-5 next to Camping World.
John317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 06:20 AM   #46

You can also get warranty work done at any Crossroads RV service center.
Here is a link to find one near you: CrossRoads RV Service Centers, Authorized Centers RV Repair, CrossRoads Warranty Repair, Get your CrossRoads RV fixed

Brian Emmons at Redwood RV is the person to contact if you have problems and need to get authorization for service work done at other dealers. He's a great help but very busy so be prepared to leave a message at wait for a return call. (574)457-7800

Not all Crossroads dealers carry Redwoods and therefore aren't aware that they are authorized to do warranty work. I discovered this while traveling through North Carolina. I gave the service manager Brian's contact info and they got it straightened out.
Stevea1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 07:24 AM   #47

Thor Owners Club
Redwood warranty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevea1956 View Post
You can also get warranty work done at any Crossroads RV service center.
Here is a link to find one near you: CrossRoads RV Service Centers, Authorized Centers RV Repair, CrossRoads Warranty Repair, Get your CrossRoads RV fixed

Brian Emmons at Redwood RV is the person to contact if you have problems and need to get authorization for service work done at other dealers. He's a great help but very busy so be prepared to leave a message at wait for a return call. (574)457-7800

Not all Crossroads dealers carry Redwoods and therefore aren't aware that they are authorized to do warranty work. I discovered this while traveling through North Carolina. I gave the service manager Brian's contact info and they got it straightened out.
I for one can truly understand why he is so busy.
lillyputz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 03:17 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donr827 View Post
I looked at them at a dealer a couple of weeks ago. The one thing that I did not like was that all of running gear was made by Lippert. JMO
Don

Lippert pretty much makes everything on almost any fifth wheel. I only know of New Horizons that makes their own frame. I live full time in a Redwood 36re and havent found one problem with anything Lippert made. With few exceptions, pretty much all mid and low range fifth wheels are cheaply made. Such things as hardware, faucets, toilets, carpet, even the stove, are cheaply made to maximize profit. That's just the way it is.
lzybt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 07:05 AM   #49

We've been full-time in our 36FL for almost a year now with no major issues. A thermostat on the water heater went out and one of the strings on a day/night shade frayed but otherwise it's been a solid unit.
We move weekly so every system gets worked out on a regular basis. So far so good. Even the Marathon tires that everyone seems to knock are holding up fine.
Stevea1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 08:33 AM   #50

I wouldn't say that the components of our Redwood 36RE are "cheaply made". We've been very happy with the quality of the faucets, cabinets, etc. The only problem we've had with Lippert made products are the wheel bearings. We've had two of them break while were on the road. Although, we are flirting with the max capacity on our unit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lzybt View Post
Lippert pretty much makes everything on almost any fifth wheel. I only know of New Horizons that makes their own frame. I live full time in a Redwood 36re and havent found one problem with anything Lippert made. With few exceptions, pretty much all mid and low range fifth wheels are cheaply made. Such things as hardware, faucets, toilets, carpet, even the stove, are cheaply made to maximize profit. That's just the way it is.
MFG245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 07:17 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by lzybt

Excel by Peterson Industries makes their own box frames. Great trailer!!!
Old 08-05-2012, 07:27 AM   #52

NuWa Industries uses their own frames built by Young's.
jpharley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:53 PM   #53

Redwood 36RL Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by djkarau View Post
Anyone have any experience with a Redwood Rv...in particular the 36RE or 36RL?
We purchased a new Redwood 36RL, from Lifestyles RV, in Grain Valley, MO and just returned from a two week trip with this RV. The RV systems operated trouble free!! Our Redwood dealer was very polite and knew the Redwood inside and out.

It is our fourth RV and by far the best. We began reviewing 5th wheel RV's at trade shows and visits to dealers for the past year. We also purchased an on line buyer's guide for RV's. The guide was a lot of help in understanding all the issues we needed to consider and helped us in asking better questions. As an retired EE I was also interested in how well the electrical systems were installed. Redwood does an outstanding job with the construction. Very, very impressive. It is a true residential RV, bar none.

In the end, the Redwood 36RL was our first choice. We love the large open rear window view in the rear as we back up to the lake in the state park. What a view to awake to in the A.M.

We also visited the Redwood factory in Syracuse, Indiana. The quality and attention to detail was very apparent along with great employees.

During the two week "checkout" temperatures dipped near 10 degrees F. We were as comfortable as a bug in a rug so to speak. The two heat pumps work great down to the mid-40 degree range (saving lots of propane) then we switched over the the furnace to assure that the holding tanks did not freeze.

Our rig includes the Redwood packages and many of the options including the paint option. This week the 6.5 KW Onan Generator, washer and dryer and the second awning are being added at the dealer. We will head back out to the lake in late January to continue spotting eagles and check out the new options.

Best regards,
Bob and Carol Morley
RCAircraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:00 PM   #54

I have a 2013 Cedar Creek and the Domestic heat pumps will run down to 30 degrees outside then at 30 the rear hp control kicks over to the gas furnace automatically. It work great in the 30s also.
life2short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:47 AM   #55

Thor is making just about all of them now. I have a 2013 Thor Redwood 36FB and love it so far. Pulling it with a 2012 Ford F450 Lariat FXT duelly.
bwallac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:02 AM   #56

Count me in.
bwallac is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heartland, rvs