Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-11-2013, 12:23 PM   #57

I do not understand how anyone can be so negative about ANY unit if they have not owned one or their components. I know some may have had some negative experience with Lippert, but to constantly condemn them on other units is just crazy. I have had bad experiences with Ford, GM & Chrysler but I do not condemn ALL their products. And just for information my major problems were NOT with the dealers, it was with the manufacture & their support to the dealers. Come on guys, how can you constantly knock down Redwood just because "Thor", whom many of you do not seem to not like, makes it. I am sure there are MANY Thor customers who are very happy & you never hear from them because of that situation. Get off the "Complain" wagon & work with facts & not fiction.
I, for one am getting very tired of some, on this great web site & their constant negative attitude. Many people come on this site to get meaningful information about their units or tell their good or bad experience. To be ridiculed about your type or make of unit, just because you do not like that manufacturer, is just not right. How can you knock it if you have not owned it? JMHO

Reg

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-11-2013, 12:56 PM   #58

We have the 2013 Redwood 36 FB which is the full bath, the rest is like the 36 RL

Old 03-14-2013, 10:54 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorenz View Post
One thing to consider is air circulation in a front living room. We are in the process of trading in our 2011 Montana 3750 (front living room) for a 2012 Redwood 36FB (full bath). Even with two air conditioners running continuously... we were never able to get enough cool air into the living room of the Montana to make it comfortable - while you could 'hang meat' in the rear bedroom. Similarly... it was near impossible to heat the the front living room with just the furnace - needed to run the electric fireplace too. Another consideration is having to navigate the steps on each/every trip between the front living room and the kitchen, bath, and entrance door...

So for us, Redwood's big kitchen/living/dinig area all on the same level (and huge shower too) won out over Montana's front living room and five small compartmentalized slides.
I have the 2013 Redwood 36 FB as well, the shower is nice and the toilet is in a room by itself, but I like the w/d in the hall most, I can get to them with the slides in.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:26 AM   #60

Who makes the Redwood? Is it still Crossroads? If so, where does the new Rushmore fit in with the Redwoods?
Old 03-18-2013, 06:07 PM   #61

From what I know CrossRoads handles Redwood which is a Thor Division company..Redwood is a notch up in price but I would go with Rushmore and save some money.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:41 AM   #62

I went with the 2013 Redwood 36 FB, it has a full shower and since I'm 6'5" tall and 280 Lbs I needed that. We also like the Washer/Dryer in the hall by the bathroom. Go to RedwoodRV.com and look. I believe you can see the forum, but not respond. We have good support with this forum as well. I got mine on December 21st, 2012 and it hasn't been home but a few weeks, camping our State Parks mainly. We had a few minor things that was address and repaired at our 3 month checkup. We are loving it and we too choose it over the Montana Big Sky for many reasons, the 2/5 warranty mainly. It is a beautiful home.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:01 AM   #63

I gave 79,000.00 for mine brand new with toppers on all the slides, washer/dryer, Propane oven and microwave/convection oven. I got what I wanted and pulling is no problem. 2012 Ford F450 FX4 Lariat 6.7 diesel dually.
Old 04-03-2013, 12:55 PM   #64

Warranty - Redwood RV
The warranty says it all.
Old 04-04-2013, 03:14 AM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Owl View Post
I do not understand how anyone can be so negative about ANY unit if they have not owned one or their components. I know some may have had some negative experience with Lippert, but to constantly condemn them on other units is just crazy. I have had bad experiences with Ford, GM & Chrysler but I do not condemn ALL their products. And just for information my major problems were NOT with the dealers, it was with the manufacture & their support to the dealers. Come on guys, how can you constantly knock down Redwood just because "Thor", whom many of you do not seem to not like, makes it. I am sure there are MANY Thor customers who are very happy & you never hear from them because of that situation. Get off the "Complain" wagon & work with facts & not fiction.
I, for one am getting very tired of some, on this great web site & their constant negative attitude. Many people come on this site to get meaningful information about their units or tell their good or bad experience. To be ridiculed about your type or make of unit, just because you do not like that manufacturer, is just not right. How can you knock it if you have not owned it? JMHO

Reg
Well said
For the past 45 years I have bought on price and never had a bad vehicle and that has included trailers. I buy a trailer build for the use I can afford with proper equipment to get the job done. Never regretted and had to trade in for better because we purchased what we needed. Our TV was used and plain with great powertrain and will keep for a long time, and trailer was a great deal we could not pass put with all the right equipment that will last us till we will need different and I hope we will own it for at least 15 years like the last one.
Old 05-28-2013, 06:23 PM   #66

We are buying a 2013 Redwood 36RL, trading in our KZ Montego Bay 2007 34RLB3. Will be picking it up in a few weeks. We are full timers and are really looking forward to the extra space. Love the side by side W & D and the 6 leveling jacks.
Old 05-30-2013, 02:48 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by trvlnbob View Post
We are buying a 2013 Redwood 36RL, trading in our KZ Montego Bay 2007 34RLB3. Will be picking it up in a few weeks. We are full timers and are really looking forward to the extra space. Love the side by side W & D and the 6 leveling jacks.
I believe you will really enjoy your new Redwood. Just returned from another four week trip. Not a day went by that someone or a couple stopped by to praise us about our Redwood 36RL. We gave many "tours" and met many nice folks. The full body paint, great view of the lake from the rear windows, washer/dryer and granite counter tops were commented on the most.

I retired last October and look forward to the day my wife retires. We just might sell our home and and hit the road with our Redwood.
Old 05-31-2013, 04:44 AM   #68

We have been living in our Montego Bay for over 5 years now and are really looking forward to up grading to the Redwood 36RL. We'll be making the switch on June 18th. We travel and live this way for our job and really enjoy the life.
Old 05-31-2013, 09:29 AM   #69

Thanks everyone for the great input, in the end, we found a brand new 2011 Cedar Creek 36RE Touring Edition (Full paint, level up, central vac, frameless windows, gen prep, slide awnings, etc, etc, etc). Buy going is a couple of model year out new until we saved a ton of $ and got all the options we wanted.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/attachmen...1&d=1370010506
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	large 5th.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	257.0 KB
ID:	39901  

2011 Cedar Creek 36RE Touring Edition (Loaded and then some)
djkarau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 08:56 AM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by djkarau View Post
Thanks everyone for the great input, in the end, we found a brand new 2011 Cedar Creek 36RE Touring Edition (Full paint, level up, central vac, frameless windows, gen prep, slide awnings, etc, etc, etc). Buy going is a couple of model year out new until we saved a ton of $ and got all the options we wanted.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/attachmen...1&d=1370010506
Redwood doesn't have anything on Cedar Creek! Like most other models between the New Horizons,DRV's,Excel Lifestyle at the top - Cedar Creek holds its own with those that "Say" they are Fulltime, high end.

When you look at the build you have to get beyond 12 inch frame, two inches of insulation, G tires, 7000 lbs axles to get into the top end!

Tags
heartland, rvs