I have pics, but not of the finished floor because we're on hold on that part of the project until we get the slide problems resolved. Believe me, there will be pictures of all the improvements because I've learned so much from the photos that other folks here have shared.
Here's a link to the thread on our refurb "adventure":
1998 Alumascape FW project
There are links to a couple of albums, including the subfloor repair.
In the thread, there are pics of the new entertainment center with a couple of rows of flooring down. The last post is our disaster with the slide gouging the floor and how we plan to handle it.
Yep, a forklift and some cribbing underneath the slide were used. If you have the time, you can read all about it in that thread and there are pictures of removing the slide.
Not for the faint-hearted.
I don't think it's a matter of making sure that the floor is low enough, it's more a matter of making sure that the slide is high enough so that the bottom and sides don't touch the floor at any point. With carpet, it doesn't matter so much, but with a hard floor, it really does. I think our slide wasn't set up properly when we got it, even for carpet, but we're going to have to put rollers under it to lift it enough so the sides don't gouge the floor. One thing we'll have to watch is that there is a "crown" of sorts over the first beam in from the outside, so the rollers will have to lift the slide high enough in the front that the lower outside edge of the slide doesn't hit the floor over that crown. Must be a "feature" since there's a crown on both sides.
One thing we learned is that you want to test your slide with minimal flooring in place. I can't imagine how sick we'd have felt if we used sheet vinyl and ruined that. If you discover that you have a gouging problem, you can use painter's tape over the problem areas each time you test again and you can tell whether your adjustments have fixed the problem or not.