Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-15-2019, 06:49 PM   #1

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Riverstone Legacy / Redwood quality

DW and I are really looking into pretty much everything and slowly eliminating them from the list for our soon to be full timing lifestyle. We've been researching the Riverstone Legacy and was wondering what the overall quality is. It appears to be a pretty solid built coach compared to most. The specific model we're looking at is the 34SLE. We're also comparing the Legacy to the Redwood 3401RL as it's also defined as a full time RV. Any real world users of either of these manufacturers? Pitfalls we should be aware of? Customer support post sale?

Whittling away brands for full timing, one manufacturer at a time.
RAM 6.7 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-15-2019, 07:09 PM   #2

Post about Riverstone in the Forest River section...
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 07:11 PM   #3

Riverstone over the Redwood. But Artic Fox by Northwood over both. Not as much bling in the Fox. But overall better build in the areas you dont see.
consolenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 06:58 AM   #4

I am of course a bit bias as we own a River Stone Legacy but even still to this day I would still choose the Legacy over the Redwood. Both are nice units but with the Legacy you get more standard features, build time on the Legacy is around 2 weeks and that does not include the paint time. I would suggest a trip to the factories to see how both are built, Redwood is built in a factory in Topeka In along with also the Cameo line, River Stone is getting ready to move into their brand new factory which will also be located in Topeka In. Cedar Creek is there as well so you might want to check out their Champagne line also. Good luck on your choice
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 07:13 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Suffice it to say Thor/Redwood bought my 38GK back after 18 months of hell....
Old 04-17-2019, 10:06 AM   #6

Florida Cooters Club
Coastal Campers
Redwood is ALL Lippert that they like to market as Falcon. Buyers love branded items. Sounds more grand.
I'd choose the Riverstone hands down over the Redwood. At least Riverstone has Dexter axles, thicker sidewalls, etc.
jdpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 07:11 PM   #7

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Stopped by a local dealer today and visited a Redwood 3401RL. We decided that the length would be perfect for the two of us, just not the Redwood. Crawled underneath the coach and the amount of rust all over the frame/chassis/axles/springs, you name it, is just unacceptable, even the DW noted that. Having compared now the Redwood vs. the Riverstone (non-legacy), the Riverstone is hands down to us a better built unit. One thing I was told today about the number of A/C's on top is that you can only run 2 at any given time, even if the coach does have 3 units.
I've started a thread over in the Forest River section regarding the Legacy 34SLE. I've seen one Rriverstone construction video, sounds like Sam Elliott is the narrator, and do like the way the frame is constructed compared to the "Falcon" frame, and the CCC of the 34SLE is almost 5k lbs! Amazing! Coming in at just 38' is also a bonus. I did notice a construction material difference between the Riverstone line vs. Riverstone Legacy line being that plywood is used on both floor and roof of Legacy while only plywood on the floor and OSB on the roof of the Riverstone. Not sure what other building material differences there are but we'll definitely find out. Thanks again all for the responses.
RAM 6.7 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 09:31 PM   #8

We also would have chosen the Riverstone over Redwood for lots of reasons . We looked at DRV, Redwood, Landmark and Riverstone while searching for our next RV. The 34SLE was 'The One' we had our sights on and were sure we wanted to go with. We planned a weekend trip to go see the one we found. A couple days before we were to go we stopped by a local dealer kinda on a whim, walked in a Lifestyle Luxury they had just gotten in and totally changed our plans. After much discussing and going back to look for several hours at a time we bought the Lifestyle. It's also a shorter rig being 38 ft , lots of storage inside with huge front basement and rear basement. Heavy, quality Rv.

The Riverstone Legacy is definitely a nice quality 5th wheel and those that have them seem to love them.
jlsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 05:19 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsr View Post
We also would have chosen the Riverstone over Redwood for lots of reasons . We looked at DRV, Redwood, Landmark and Riverstone while searching for our next RV. The 34SLE was 'The One' we had our sights on and were sure we wanted to go with. We planned a weekend trip to go see the one we found. A couple days before we were to go we stopped by a local dealer kinda on a whim, walked in a Lifestyle Luxury they had just gotten in and totally changed our plans. After much discussing and going back to look for several hours at a time we bought the Lifestyle. It's also a shorter rig being 38 ft , lots of storage inside with huge front basement and rear basement. Heavy, quality Rv.

The Riverstone Legacy is definitely a nice quality 5th wheel and those that have them seem to love them.
The Lifestyle was a very good trailer as long as it is not one of the last years as they changed their build style but I am sure you know that, I wish they were still in production now as they were one of the better units. The River Stone 34SLE is I think their shortest floor plan and probably the hardest to find on lot, I am heading out to Indiana later today and will be at the factory to visit so if there are any questions from the OP fell free to ask and I will try to find out any more info.
Old 04-18-2019, 10:18 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblr View Post
The Lifestyle was a very good trailer as long as it is not one of the last years as they changed their build style but I am sure you know that, I wish they were still in production now as they were one of the better units. The River Stone 34SLE is I think their shortest floor plan and probably the hardest to find on lot, I am heading out to Indiana later today and will be at the factory to visit so if there are any questions from the OP fell free to ask and I will try to find out any more info.

If you're still there, or going to be there, ask about 9k axles so that they Riverstone CCC will match the DRV's....or triple axle non toy hauler....or true toy hauler with a back patio.
aknavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 05:18 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by aknavy View Post
If you're still there, or going to be there, ask about 9k axles so that they Riverstone CCC will match the DRV's....or triple axle non toy hauler....or true toy hauler with a back patio.
I will ask but I bet they say you can always upgrade the axles later if you want, in my opinion if your willing to pay for the IS and they offer the 9K why can't it be done???? Will let you know next week when we visit.
Old 04-21-2019, 01:21 PM   #12

I soured on Redwood when I talked to a dealer that had both Redwood and Heartland Landmarks. He showed me several areas of difference between builds of both.

He showed that Redwood did not have window frames for example where Landmark did. The roof was different and a few other areas where Landmark was better for the same price.
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 02:27 PM   #13

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I would not have a trailer that had OSB ANYWHERE, but especially not the roof or floor.
keymastr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 05:08 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by aknavy View Post
I spoke with a sales rep at River Stone and regarding the IS system they only contract for the 8k system you would need to speak to Mor Ryde about increasing them to the 9k

Tags
quality