RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-04-2019, 04:19 PM   #1

Room for Kids and Office

My wife and I are looking at possibly doing full time RV living in the coming year or so. We have three kids (17,11 and 1 year) and I also work full time remotely. Any recommendations for an RV that has a master, kids bed room and an smaller bedroom for an office? Or even a toy hauler with a mid bunk too?

Tipopilota is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-04-2019, 06:12 PM   #2

Very pricey but look at a New Horizons Majestic M42IK6S. This is a custom unit.

https://horizonsrv.com/custom-rvs/ma...c-m42fb4s-642/

ja_landry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 08:13 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tipopilota View Post
My wife and I are looking at possibly doing full time RV living in the coming year or so. We have three kids (17,11 and 1 year) and I also work full time remotely. Any recommendations for an RV that has a master, kids bed room and an smaller bedroom for an office? Or even a toy hauler with a mid bunk too?
Ive seen midbunks with lofts and toyhaulers with a loft, but never a bunkhouse and midbunk combined. If such a product is out there and not custom i havent come across it.
Jshopes81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 08:23 PM   #4

Lots of mid-bunk floor plans - that's probably your best bet. The bunk rooms sometimes have lofts and are very versatile. Getting an entirely separate second bedroom for an office could be a challenge.
mtofell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 10:53 AM   #5

The above options are good but mid bunk options would need to stack 3 bunks. If there is a mix of boys and girls separating the sexes may be desired. I keep coming back to the M42IK6S. Changes to this floor plan could include having the bottom bunk(s) convert to a desk. This would provide sleeping for 4 kids and 2 desks. Additionally, the dresser in the master could become a desk. Some models have a linen closet in the master to provide more storage. And the main closet could be modified to have bottom drawers and top hanging items. There are lots of possibilities, you just need lots of money.
ja_landry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:26 AM   #6

Thank you all for your reply on this. I did come across the other day on two options:

- Coachmen Chaparral 373MBRB
- Dutchman VOLTAGE 4205

I just wasn't sure how these stacked up to other brands and also if there were any other recommendations from people. I am truly looking for a 3 bedroom or a toy hauler w/ a mid bunk option. I do know there are a lot of mid bunk only or rear bedroom options out there, but very limited 3 bedrooms or toy hauler w/ a mid bunk setup.
Tipopilota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:42 AM   #7

Mid bunk option in most if not all have another bed above the bunk room. Have been in a few mid bunk fives and they all had a queen sized bed area in the hall leading to the master bedroom. Not a full bedroom but great for an older kid who wants an area of their own. Remove a sofa or chair in the livingroom and replace with a small desk or work station. With this solution you still have a living room (work space) , and three separate beds for each kid, and seperate sleeping area for the adults.
Fawny43 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:47 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tipopilota View Post

I think you're going to have to decide how much the freedom, travel, etc. mean to you and your family. You also didn't tell us your budget.
I think you will have to make some sacrifices to going FT.
Good luck.

Retire 2020 GLW
okcnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote