Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-18-2005, 09:34 PM   #1
GSP

I was looking at the Rv stuff at walmart. Does this black streak remover work to get dark water sreak stains out of the white paint of aluminum sideing, or is that stuff worthless and a waste of money. Ive tryed several things to try and get the stains out of my paint.

What about this roof conditioner? Is it just a Armer All or vinal and rubber tire conditioner type stuff.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-18-2005, 09:34 PM   #2
GSP

I was looking at the Rv stuff at walmart. Does this black streak remover work to get dark water sreak stains out of the white paint of aluminum sideing, or is that stuff worthless and a waste of money. Ive tryed several things to try and get the stains out of my paint.

What about this roof conditioner? Is it just a Armer All or vinal and rubber tire conditioner type stuff.

Old 10-19-2005, 04:39 AM   #3

I have looked at Keystone's coustomer service site on the web. They have a FAQ section, the answer for what to use as a roof conditioner is nothing. The only service recommended for the roof is cleaning and inspection.
I would recommend that if possible check with the manufacture's coustomer service. At least I feel that Keystone has been great at answering my questions both online and by phone.

2001 Volvo "Suite-T"
maltruck8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 12:40 PM   #4

I have used the black streak remover that Camping World sells, it works, but you have to be careful because it will remove the paint from your decals, etc. It will also leave streaks on your camper if you don't wash the dirt off quickly enough. I also used the rubber roof cleaner and conditioner that Camping World sells and it worked great. However it is very slippery when you apply the conditioner, so be careful. I have never used the Wal-Mart brands, so I cannot speak for them.
Old 11-04-2005, 07:03 PM   #5

I have used the black streak remover and the rubber roof cleaner sold at walmart and they both work very well. Sparayed on the black streak remover and had to use very little effort scrubbing the front cap and sidewalls where bugs and black streaks were.

2002 Chevy 2500HD CC/LB D/A
baddwalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 04:54 PM   #6

I started using MEAN GREEN SUPER STRENGHT " and it works GREAT for black streaks. You can buy it at the DOLLAR STORES. No more big bucks for cleaner, and it works great on the front of my 5ver for bugs.Just like any black streak / bug remover you will have to wax the area after use.
Old 11-15-2005, 01:56 PM   #7

Got to agree 1000% with Phonse...the Green stuff is by far the best. Just make sure you rinse well after you apply it, and apply to small areas so it doesn't dry on.

Wife and kid maybe friends, maybe pets, maybe not, lost look in face,
rhoevinbt is offline   Reply With Quote