Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-10-2012, 09:43 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good morning
I wanted to now if anyone could point me in the right direction as to where I should start looking to replace my dining table and chairs with the original or close to it ,or get a booth style dinette installed
I have a pic of the original table and chairs that we would like to find ,a pic of what the previous owner put in there and a pic of a booth style we like that also
The set that's in there now is to long we have to move it sideways when slide goes in
As you can see by the original set the table has fold down wings ,so no moving when slide goes in,also way better quality

Any info would be great

Thanks
Warren & Amy

First pic is booth dinette we don't mind (can I order this)
Second pic is the original Can I find this or something close
3rd pic is what's in there now we don't like that
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1184274260.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	157.9 KB
ID:	24618   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-519405822.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	433.3 KB
ID:	24622  

Name:	image-3949698882.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	623.2 KB
ID:	24623  

sometimers is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-10-2012, 10:29 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
here is one site that has a lot of RV furniture

RV Furniture,Seats Custom Recliners DeLeon-d RV Furniture

Here is another - since he builds custom, he could probably do anything you want.

Focal Wood Products

2017 Solitude by Grand Design
2012 Ford F-450 Lariat
K-Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 10:33 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Check any furniture store. It does not have to be "RV" furniture...it just needs to meet your needs and fit in the RV. Recently I bought a small leather recliner to replace a Flexsteel of the same type and size that was the most uncomfortable chair we've ever owned. Bought the new one at Sams and sold the old one on Craig's list. Also, any furniture that claims to be "RV furniture" will cost more than "regular" furniture.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 10:45 AM   #4

My only suggestion on the dinette pieces, other than custom-built, would be the FW mfgr., and it will probably be cost-prohibitive even if you can get them. Also, trying to attach that dinette table to the wall could be problematic for the uninitiated. I'd recommend trying to locate a suitable table and chairs in every furniture store you can visit, because anything with "RV" in front of it will cost more, IMHO. There's just gotta be something out there that will work.
ralphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 10:57 AM   #5

Gulf Streamers Club
A dinette booth will cost $600 and up, plus shipping and installation. I'd suggest, if your handy, to make your own. It is basically a couple of boxes with high backs, cushions, and a table top. Or, you could cut that table to be shorter and fit in the area as the original did. You could also find a local carpenter to make one if you don't wish to do the work. Here's a couple of links to dinettes:

http://www.rvandvansurplus.com/barga...&Items=DineSet

Booth Dinettes - Bradd & Hall

Don't forget Walmart! Raleigh Dinette Table - Walmart.com

Good luck!

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 06:07 AM   #6

Mid Atlantic Campers
One very nice option in most RV free standing dinette's is the storage under the seats as well as the storage in the table, most include a leaf that is suitable for RV use.
Old 08-16-2012, 06:00 PM   #7

DInette

Funny you should post this at this time. My wife and I are going to take out the Jackknife couch and the didning booth (with storage) with a table and chairs and two recliners. We are going to replace carpeting of the 5th wheel and the slideout with Laminate floor. I have been looking for small (apartment) sized dinette and have found the cost to be very prohibative. I have decided to build a dropleaf table over the winter and purchase 4 chairs for table. We are now looking for what the call a double -extra Love Seat which will still be shorter than the original couch. Our 5th wheel is 16 yrs old and we are both retired not of our wish but of circumstance. This 5th wheel will have to last us for a long time. I wish we could find a table like yours. Good luck with your search.
Old 08-17-2012, 10:56 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaxgus
Funny you should post this at this time. My wife and I are going to take out the Jackknife couch and the didning booth (with storage) with a table and chairs and two recliners. We are going to replace carpeting of the 5th wheel and the slideout with Laminate floor. I have been looking for small (apartment) sized dinette and have found the cost to be very prohibative. I have decided to build a dropleaf table over the winter and purchase 4 chairs for table. We are now looking for what the call a double -extra Love Seat which will still be shorter than the original couch. Our 5th wheel is 16 yrs old and we are both retired not of our wish but of circumstance. This 5th wheel will have to last us for a long time. I wish we could find a table like yours. Good luck with your search.
We are probably going to get one of these dinettes custom built

Thanks for reply

Warren & Amy
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-449177434.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	343.5 KB
ID:	24942   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1537735350.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	157.9 KB
ID:	24943  

sometimers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:01 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by sometimers View Post
We are probably going to get one of these dinettes custom built

Thanks for reply

Warren & Amy
We would like to change our round table and chairs out too for a custom built dinette like you have pictured above.

Stano
Old 11-20-2012, 04:35 PM   #10

re: RV furniture

Much/most RV's and their furniture are built in and around Elkhart, Indiana. Others have posted some helpful links, I will add by googling "RV Surplus" and "Elkhart" more than several sites come up.
I live close to Elkhart and am often in that area; I have gone to these surplus stores and the inven tory is brand new products. The trick is finding what you want in their stock..it is surplus stuff and of course cycles in and out.
Old 12-20-2012, 03:17 PM   #11

Warren & Amy,
Did you make a decision/purchase yet? Reason I ask is because we too have a Newmar and have the table-with-leaf and 4 chair set like in your #2 picture. We want to convert that area to a "credenza" for computer and storage and only have a small flip up table so we may be able to offer you our table..I think it's the same color as your interior wood.

Also, I would like to get rid of our jacknife couch (keep the opposing air bed couch) and put in it's place a "love seat" with two kick out recliners. I had intended to start looking around soon. I like the "euro" recliners with foot stools but the cloth covered loveseats can seat 3 people in a pinch. Our TV would be to the left of this loveseat (not across from it, so it's not ideal, but that's what we got.... (Grand Star 3752) Any suggestions on the love seat idea? Anyone want a very clean jacknife couch?
MoonchaserTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:29 PM   #12

[QUOTE=MoonchaserTX;1405553] I like the "euro" recliners with foot stools but the cloth covered loveseats can seat 3 people in a pinch.

A word of caution with the euro recliners. We have them in our new fiver. They are very comfortable and look nice. However, when not in use, the footstools take up some valuable floor space. A regular recliner or reclining loveseat doesn't have this problem. When not in use, the foot stool folds up our of the way.

Jerry
Old 01-02-2013, 08:16 AM   #13

Good point...thanks for advising...we were in a coach yesterday of some people we met that put a wall hugger Lazy Boy love seat that has two recliners built into it...guess there could even be pros and cons of two separate recliners vs a love seat with two recliners...1) with two recliners you get two arm rests each 2) with two recliners I understand you also have the option of them being swivels and rockers 3) with two recliners you can angle them once in your campspot more toward a TV....

Although dont know which would be wider, two small (not huge overstuffed) recliners or one loveseat with two built in recliners
MoonchaserTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:40 AM   #14

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to jdoc
When we had our fiver that had the Euro chairs we put the foot stools on the seat of the chairs. Worked out great.

Jerry

jdoc is offline   Reply With Quote