Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-09-2012, 11:49 AM   #1

RV Insurance

Looking for a reputable insurance company to insure our 5 er and truck. Does anyone have a good recommendation that isn't real expensive and should we have a claim have it settled timely and correctly.

Thank you,

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-09-2012, 11:54 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
We have Progressive and have had no trouble with them. Had an accident and they handled it properly and in a timely fashion.

Old 07-09-2012, 12:05 PM   #3

Ford Super Duty Owner
I just saw a ad for grundy insurance.
They normally insure show cars with agreed value policys.
They announced they will insure just about anything with wheels now (agreed value of course)
(RVM#26) THE U-RV 94 F-700/24 foot U-haul box home built RV
Mekanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 11:43 PM   #4

First off who handles your current insurance needs? (home, current cars, trucks, etc.) We have all vehicles and RV through Geico. Had a couple of windshield claims on the cars and no issues. Last spring our MH broke down on a Sunday afternoon and we have roadside assistance. Helps us with a towing company and took the MH to the repair shop and offered to drive us home. Only took the tow company about 1 hour to get to us and Geico was helpful.

My opinion only is that an insurance is just that a company. If their rates are good and no hassle on claims that are right then I stay with them. Raise my rates and don't give me the service I pay for I cancel and go somewhere else.
Go Dawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 05:45 PM   #5

Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by awarnes
First off who handles your current insurance needs? (home, current cars, trucks, etc.) We have all vehicles and RV through Geico. Had a couple of windshield claims on the cars and no issues. Last spring our MH broke down on a Sunday afternoon and we have roadside assistance. Helps us with a towing company and took the MH to the repair shop and offered to drive us home. Only took the tow company about 1 hour to get to us and Geico was helpful.

My opinion only is that an insurance is just that a company. If their rates are good and no hassle on claims that are right then I stay with them. Raise my rates and don't give me the service I pay for I cancel and go somewhere else.
We have geico as well.. no problems at all
Beausdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 01:00 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
I have Allstate for all my personal, MH's and business vehicles. Best rates I have seen
Yasir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 06:36 AM   #7

National RV Owners Club
Allstate has been great. We were involved in a major explosion in an RV park in MT and Allstate repaired our truck, fifth-wheel and car. They also put us in housing for a month while the fifth-wheel was in the shop. I will never switch insurance companies.
Old 07-12-2012, 06:57 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Interesting blog.
I have Progressive. Last week the A&E electric awning suffered wind damage while in the storage lot (and no it was not in the deployed position). I called Progressive on Friday (July 6) and the Adjuster met with me yesterday (Wed July 11th). I have the policy that includes a "diminishing deductable" which meant that I had $0 to pay for my deductable. There is damage to the awning and paint on the coach side wall. The adjuster came out and did an extensive evaluation. He issued me a cheque on the spot. I am going to the Winnebago GNR (Grand National Rally) and so I put him in touch with the Winnebago Service department. The Progressive claims adjuster said that if there was some unforseen damage they would send an adjuster to the Winnebago factory to readjust the amount.
2007 Jeep Wrangler
codgerbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 07:04 AM   #9

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We have Allstate on our cars and have had for all our lives. Recently we pooled everything under Allstate and saved a lot of money. Except the MH.

During the process with our agent he reviewed our Progressive MH policy and said he could not match the full replacement clause in our Progressive policy. He reccomended we keep Progressive on the MH. It cost more than the Allstate but the coverage is much better.

We have had good service from both companies over an extended period of time.

When comparing rates be sure you are comparing for the same coverage.
njs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 11:50 PM   #10

Ford Super Duty Owner
This is part of the response I got back from grundy. thier prices seem good to me.

Thank You for contacting Grundy Insurance. Attached is your insurance proposal for your collection of vehicles.

Our quotation includes Agreed Value Coverage, Unlimited Mileage, No Model Year Limitation, Unlimited Towing Mileage, International Transit, Worldwide Protection, Diminished Value and High Liability Limits. Our underwriting company, Chartis Insurance is rated A+ with AM Best.

Upon review of this communication should you have any questions, please feel free to contact me direct. Thank you for the opportunity to provide the best protection for your collection of vehicles.
Respectfully Yours,
Xxxx Xxxxxx
GRUNDY INSURANCE
400 Horsham Rd.
P.O. Box 1957
Horsham, PA 19044
1-866-338-4006
(RVM#26) THE U-RV 94 F-700/24 foot U-haul box home built RV
Mekanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 12:01 AM   #11

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beausdog View Post
We have geico as well.. no problems at all

Geico here as well. Though some complain about them, I honestly have none. Great service from my experience.
Old 07-15-2012, 09:03 AM   #12

Hard question to answer. Insurance rates can differ significantly. We have GEICO but have not had any claims on the RV. Claims on the cars were handled fairly and quickly. Used road service once for a car; again, they responded quickly.
ralphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 09:15 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by codgerbill View Post
Interesting blog.
I have Progressive. Last week the A&E electric awning suffered wind damage while in the storage lot (and no it was not in the deployed position). I called Progressive on Friday (July 6) and the Adjuster met with me yesterday (Wed July 11th). I have the policy that includes a "diminishing deductable" which meant that I had $0 to pay for my deductable. There is damage to the awning and paint on the coach side wall. The adjuster came out and did an extensive evaluation. He issued me a cheque on the spot. I am going to the Winnebago GNR (Grand National Rally) and so I put him in touch with the Winnebago Service department. The Progressive claims adjuster said that if there was some unforseen damage they would send an adjuster to the Winnebago factory to readjust the amount.
I have Progressive also because of all the positive feedback about them.

I hope I never have to find out for myself how good they are though.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
SouthernNite is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
insurance