Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-25-2015, 04:48 AM   #15

Damon Owners Club
I like the system!. thanks for sharing in link.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-07-2015, 01:17 PM   #16

Regarding the B.E.R.G.S. Breeze Extended run gas tank system

Hello all, I have the parallel power cable setup on dual Ryobi 2200s (3600 running watts spikes to 4400) to mainly power the rooftop 13.5btu DouTherm AC. I am here in North Texas and well otherwise we might just melt....lows 100s predicted all week. I have have an issue with the BERGS Breeze dual line run time extender that makes gas leak out of the bottom of Gens (both) included is a couple of clips that are to clip off of the air line inside the gens , I did all that. I am kinda anal and put it all together with care and considering I am kinda of a motor head and pretty savvy when it comes to small engines, gas delivery and all. I called IPI and they have sent me replacement hoses an fitting as well. I hope that it was just a bad hose or something I am trying to be optimistic. I mean come on who would not want to just sleep in all night wand not get up and mess with resetting and refilling the jennys at 3am. Thats my dream, be at the farm and have juice all weekend just using the little quiet inverters and big gas tank running them. So before I say more I will report back to all after I carefully try it again with the new hoses in place. I had called several times and expressed my dissatisfaction they even offered to refund me but I really want this to work and I will have a quite flexible off grid power system, with under 1500 bucks invested. I can use one Gen or two in separate spots. These generators are great, easy to change oil on (mobil one 10w30) and very quite compared to my subaru 4500w and generac 5000w that sounds like a airplane turbine about to explode. If anyone out there can share with me a fix or any experience with the same setup it would be appreciated My number is some where out there just call if you prefer. More once I test new lines. Thanks for reading my long drawn out post. BTW once my trailer cools off and the compressor starts cycling the gens running without BERGS Breeze with a gallon in each will go about 6-8 hours on (2) Gallons, with the throttle control on. Thats efficiency we all could use. I am sure the Hondas are better....? but I did want NOT want the hefty price tag. twice as much at least not including parallel cables and extended gas tank.
links to the above items below

Breeze gas tank ($180) no tax online

IPI Breeze Extended Run Generator System (B.E.R.G.S.) - Dual Ryobi RYi2200 - GenXDirect

Ryobi 2200 Hdepot (x2) ($1200 + tax) they are $550 now darn

Ryobi 2,200-Watt Green Gasoline Powered Digital Inverter Generator-RYI2200 - The Home Depot

Parallel cable ($100)

Inverter Generator Parallel Kit-AUN923OPK - The Home Depot

Hope this helps anyone interested
offdagrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 09:50 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldeguy View Post
did a search on Ryobi...found a few older threads.
thinking of using one of these units for my 5er...seems like a good cost/noise/performance balance?
how many are using this generator? and do you like it? have any issues?
You will need 2 gens of the Ryobi 2200 to run air con. i seperate them often and use one to cut limbs or run a big fan and equip in my storage container. I have had great luck with these. Oil is so easy to change as well pull the dip stick and lean it way over it has a channel to drain out and just refill at dip stick holds 12ozs I use mobil one synthetic for a little more protection, I bought the extended warranty from HDEPO on one only for 3 years of protection. ($59 if I remember right) They are not serialized so you can use warranty for either one if they had issues. Love your truck man. I have been looking for some time now for a 5.9 4x4 crew in nice cond. with not too many miles ...hard to come by to say the least. Any tranny issues or tips for me as i try to locate my ram hear in North Texas.
Thanks for the response.
offdagrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 01:20 PM   #18

Championships noise leve

Just a thought when comparing generator noise levels. Someone mentioned the Champion generator was 59 dbs like the Honda. I think Honda advertised ratings was 48 db at 1/4 load & 59 db at full load. Plus you Have to know the distance away from the muffler to measure the noise level. I know for a fact the the "lesser" generators can & do mislead you to share comparable noise levels as the big boys. I have 5 different inverter generators & I'm sure you'll be happy with the quality & performance with Honda & Yamaha. Good luck.
RickyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 07:58 PM   #19

KZ RV Club
We have one of those Ryobi generators and it does not have enough "soup" to handle a residential frig startup if anything else is also on such as the furnace. Otherwise it works fine. We've never tried it with the AC as we travel in the winter and don't need cooling, just the opposite.
Jim & Deon Spangler, Neillsville WI
2015 KZ Goldrush Discovery
Deon-Jim is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
generator, inverter