Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-25-2017, 07:22 PM   #71

Haven't noticed you over there, but have you been to the Suites Owners Forum to ask some of these questions?

https://suitesownersinternationaltra...vbulletin.net/

Also, the Thor/DRV owners forum?

http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f29/
'05 36TK3 Mobile Suites--retired but not forgotten
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-25-2017, 08:23 PM   #72

For the money spent. Look at New Horizons. Gain a fiberglass roof and better build all around imo
consolenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 03:10 AM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by consolenut View Post
For the money spent. Look at New Horizons. Gain a fiberglass roof and better build all around imo
Yes, they look like nice units, and a fiberglass roof beats the rubber on the Mobile Elite. New Horizons appear to be more expensive, but I agree that the build looks better online. The triple axle units look quite spacious. Some things appear to be standard with DRV but optional with New Horizon. Probably best though is the customizable build possible with New Horizon.

I'll give them a call, thanks.
Patriot65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 04:47 AM   #74

All New horizons are custom builds. They usually have a few used units only couple years old to. Trade ins!
Old 02-26-2017, 05:21 AM   #75

$200K for a Fifth wheel?? The wife can't be allowed to see these numbers. NH fifth wheels aren't cheap.
Old 02-26-2017, 05:26 AM   #76

Well your looking 150k or so for a Elite suites. Even a 2 year old new horizon still equal imo
Old 02-26-2017, 08:59 AM   #77

Elite Suites come standard with a fiberglass roof and it's optional on Mobile Suites - ours has one.
Old 02-26-2017, 05:26 PM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Explorers View Post
Elite Suites come standard with a fiberglass roof and it's optional on Mobile Suites - ours has one.
I haven't been to either factory, but the impression I get from the videos is that NH rigs are pretty slick. Granted the Elite has the fiberglass roof, and I can get the 40KSSB4 model ordered for well under $140K. But this is a double axle model. It's good you can opt for the fiberglass roof, but I'm not sure if you can get the 43 and 44 Mobile Suites triple axle models (ie Dallas, Memphis) in the Elite version, but if so that would be something I would want to look at. And the bigger units would get the cost and size comparison closer to the big NH rigs I am considering.

These triple axle NH rigs look plush and very comfortable. But the fact that I could get an Elite Suite and a Keystone Montana for the same price is a bit disconcerting.

Maybe for $50K I should schedule a couple of trips to these factories. If I could only get away.

By the way, I like your truck. I have the same on order, crewcab long box.
Old 02-26-2017, 08:52 PM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot65 View Post
I haven't been to either factory, but the impression I get from the videos is that NH rigs are pretty slick. Granted the Elite has the fiberglass roof, and I can get the 40KSSB4 model ordered for well under $140K. But this is a double axle model. It's good you can opt for the fiberglass roof, but I'm not sure if you can get the 43 and 44 Mobile Suites triple axle models (ie Dallas, Memphis) in the Elite version, but if so that would be something I would want to look at. And the bigger units would get the cost and size comparison closer to the big NH rigs I am considering.

These triple axle NH rigs look plush and very comfortable. But the fact that I could get an Elite Suite and a Keystone Montana for the same price is a bit disconcerting.

Maybe for $50K I should schedule a couple of trips to these factories. If I could only get away.

By the way, I like your truck. I have the same on order, crewcab long box.
Personally, I would only consider DVR or NH manufactures, if I were considering spending 125K+ for a 5th wheel. IMHO, you will get a better quality built unit with either of these two company's.
We have a fiberglass roof on our 1995 Itasca motor home and after 22 yrs it's still holding up great. It's never had a leak or issue and it's easy to care care for. Good luck, with whatever you decide on.

2017 F 350, Bronze Fire, King Ranch Ulitmate
[SIGPIC]https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic204267_2.gif[/SIGPIC]
Wolffox00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 06:07 AM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolffox00 View Post
Personally, I would only consider DVR or NH manufactures, if I were considering spending 125K+ for a 5th wheel. IMHO, you will get a better quality built unit with either of these two company's.
We have a fiberglass roof on our 1995 Itasca motor home and after 22 yrs it's still holding up great. It's never had a leak or issue and it's easy to care care for. Good luck, with whatever you decide on.
You omitted a company in the middle of the 3 axle luxury rig options ($150K+). There are only 3 manufacturers. My ranking:

1. New Horizon
2. Luxe
3. DRV

Pricing mirrors this ranking. I would love a NH, but another time... $200K for a fifth wheel?

And after several comments, (especially yours), a fiberglass roof on my rig is now mandatory. Thanks!
Old 02-27-2017, 11:20 AM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot65 View Post
You omitted a company in the middle of the 3 axle luxury rig options ($150K+). There are only 3 manufacturers. My ranking:

1. New Horizon
2. Luxe
3. DRV

Pricing mirrors this ranking. I would love a NH, but another time... $200K for a fifth wheel?

And after several comments, (especially yours), a fiberglass roof on my rig is now mandatory. Thanks!
Sorry, I didn't mean to leave Luxe out. I saw the other manufacture. Luxe would be a consideration for me. I'm not as familiar with them as I a with NH and DRV, but yes they would be a contender.
I think you know by now, that one of the three manufactures meet your requirements. Now, the decision would be, layout, type of roof, options and the amount of $$$ you are willing to layout.
I've read most of this thread, but I don't remember reading that you've ever owned an RV before? Maybe you have. If you haven't, but you've already made up your mind, your situation requires or demands one,... than before I sunk that much money into a RV, I would consider a late model used one in those brands. The reason I say this is, because you will take a hit on depreciation, no matter which one you choose or it may not be the type of life style for you. I'm sure you've probably thought these issues through already. It's really good that you are doing your research before just going to a dealers lot and picking out something that looks good, but owners are having a high % of issues with them.
I don't think you can go wrong with any of the three manufactures you have listed hear. When you've finished your research, decided which unit best suits your needs and you've settle on a dealer that is reputable and you fell comfortable dealing with... than pull the trigger and enjoy the ride... Good luck on your new adventure!

2017 F 350, Bronze Fire, King Ranch Ulitmate
[SIGPIC]https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic204267_2.gif[/SIGPIC]
Wolffox00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 11:31 AM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by consolenut View Post

DRV models like Elite come with the FG roof and can be added to the Suites. I prefer rubber as I have NEVER had an issue with a rubber roof over the last 4 RV's.
Cummins12V98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 01:56 PM   #83

Welcome,
Great reading here about NH resources: Jack and Danielle Mayer
Best wishes.
J & J, DRV Suites ES-38RSSA #9679
GM Denali, 3500HD-Max, 4x CC, 8' DRW,
EZGo-TXT, Clubcar Precedent
MtnTrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 08:23 PM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnTrek View Post
Welcome,
Great reading here about NH resources: Jack and Danielle Mayer
Best wishes.
Yes, I've been through several of his videos so far and have his website bookmarked. I'm afraid to watch more videos because they will sour my attitude towards cheaper manufacturers!

Tags
purchase