Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-18-2006, 11:00 AM   #1

I have a 07 Forest River Flagstaff 5er. I want to mount a receiver to the back of it to carrier my Yamaha scooter. Does anyone know of a good place to have one installed and also a good brand of carrier for the scooter? I asked the dealer and emailed the manufacture and they suggested a class II receiver.
thanks in advance
Manny
MANNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-18-2006, 11:00 AM   #2

I have a 07 Forest River Flagstaff 5er. I want to mount a receiver to the back of it to carrier my Yamaha scooter. Does anyone know of a good place to have one installed and also a good brand of carrier for the scooter? I asked the dealer and emailed the manufacture and they suggested a class II receiver.
thanks in advance
Manny
Old 10-18-2006, 11:59 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Tiffin Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
I like the Blue OX products since they've always stood behind their products.

They make a Motorcycle Carrier that might work out for you. I'm thinking you need a class III hitch receiver put on the back of the rig though.
Old 10-18-2006, 12:06 PM   #4

Thank you Joe.. I will look into that....

Manny
Old 10-18-2006, 12:56 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We hauled Yamaha Vino 125 motor scooter 124cc on the VersaHaul hitch hauler plugged into the motorhome receiver, and the Sterling tow bar plugged into the VersaHaul to tow our toad.

www.versahaul.com
Old 10-22-2006, 11:42 AM   #6

You will need a Class III hitch, a Class I or II is a tiny 1" X 1" and can't hold that much.

As for brands of racks/carriers, I recomend going to the supermarket and grab a bike mag, there are tons of ads in the back from many manufactures. Or search the web, jo hauler is one I have checked out.

I built my own, here is a photo of my set up, works great!
[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0UwDhAkEZ*hgiu5Hi!BUIJLciEwKBffdUAJlF1nNjxuHy4RFrq HVH8NVAbe3!X6mgGN9*8BQKNCdGjk5*9TUbkIkgikCKAou*DEt L9mGvs9XwUxr2O2xlbkl9siWSLubO/29597795baqHULvmFG_ph.jpg?dc=4675405351918922748[/img]
gearman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 06:23 PM   #7

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gearman:
You will need a Class III hitch, a Class I or II is a tiny 1" X 1" and can't hold that much.

As for brands of racks/carriers, I recomend going to the supermarket and grab a bike mag, there are tons of ads in the back from many manufactures. Or search the web, jo hauler is one I have checked out.

I built my own, here is a photo of my set up, works great!
[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0UwDhAkEZ*hgiu5Hi!BUIJLciEwKBffdUAJlF1nNjxuHy4RFrq HVH8NVAbe3!X6mgGN9*8BQKNCdGjk5*9TUbkIkgikCKAou*DEt L9mGvs9XwUxr2O2xlbkl9siWSLubO/29597795baqHULvmFG_ph.jpg?dc=4675405351918922748[/img] </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know you posted this a long time ago, but my brother is looking to put something like this on his fifth wheel, and is concerned that the frame will not hold the aded stress of the carrier and scooter hanging off of the back. How is yours holding up? It looks great!!!
Old 01-26-2007, 02:34 AM   #8

I installed a front "hidden hitch" on the front of the truck and then put the scooter in the carrier. Works good and no strain on the TT frame.

JAXFL
JAXFL is offline   Reply With Quote