Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-18-2005, 06:40 AM   #1

Does anyone have an aftermark satelite system hooked up two tv in their RV? We want to add satilite to teh bedroom tv but we do not want the cables are through the house. and being our rig is 6 months old i really don't want a hole in the floor.

I was just told by my dealer it can be $$ to add to that tv is this true?

San Antonio, Texas
DanJenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-18-2005, 06:40 AM   #2

Does anyone have an aftermark satelite system hooked up two tv in their RV? We want to add satilite to teh bedroom tv but we do not want the cables are through the house. and being our rig is 6 months old i really don't want a hole in the floor.

I was just told by my dealer it can be $$ to add to that tv is this true?

San Antonio, Texas
Old 01-18-2005, 10:13 AM   #3

Send a message via ICQ to Pat Z Send a message via AIM to Pat Z Send a message via Yahoo to Pat Z
If you want to watch the same channel just take the output from the receiver to the AUX input on the selector, then set the 2nd TV to AUX. If you want to watch different programs you would need a Dual LNB dish, (two connections) then either 2 recievers or a TIVO unit that has 2 outputs.
I hope I understood your question and was of some help.
Old 01-18-2005, 10:44 AM   #4

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Radio Shack has a wireless video/audio sender and it is a remote extender also. Here is a link to see what it looks like.
http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...5Fid=15%2D2572
I have not used it, but it might be a solution for your problem.
Old 01-18-2005, 07:10 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Radio Shak also has a device that allows you to control your Infrared sinal sat receiver remotely a device that captures the IR from the remote, transmitts it on RF (radio frequency) and retransmitts an IR in the room with the sat receiver.

Then connect your at output to an input on your rigs video selector box so that you can send the output to either the front or rear TV. Of course you have to watch te same channel.

KEN
Old 01-19-2005, 07:14 AM   #6
North Central Texas Area Leader

Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
I use a portable dish with a dual LNB and a second receiver in the bedroom. I drilled a hole in the side of the rig and mounted a second ftype cable receptacle making sure to silicon seal around the hole after inserting the cable and around the receptacle plate before mounting it to the rig. My rig is gelcoat fiberglass exterior so it was easy to do. Then ran a cable inside to the bedroom receiver from the recptacle. I run 2 cables from the dish to the 2 receptacles on the rig. The factory instally one for the main entertainment center and the one I installed for the bedroom.
Old 01-19-2005, 08:31 AM   #7

thanks everyone. We have a triple LBN so that isn't the problem the problem was the wiring for the second room. I will check out radio shake..but i think Don & pats responce sounds like the route we may go.....but i think i will pay the dealer to do it!LOL

San Antonio, Texas