Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-16-2011, 07:46 AM   #1

Service Question for 5th Wheel Owners

This is just a general question that might help newbies.
After you buy your new Fifth Wheel and you take it back in to be serviced and the job didn't get fixed. Should you: 1. take the trip and take it back down to be fixed. 2. Since they didn't get it fixed the first time;having the rv for three months, so now you have to spend the gas and time travel, should they pay for the gas? 3. How would you handle this situation?
Cartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-16-2011, 07:51 AM   #2

Depends on the problem that had to be fixed.
I work facilities for an income so I generally distrust that someone else is going to perform the work properly any way.
Old 10-16-2011, 09:02 AM   #3

I don't have that problem. I can't afford a new unit or to pay for someone else to fix it...
Billieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 10:08 AM   #4

Check with anyone who has tried to have a leak fixed... that usually takes 3-4 trips...
smiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 11:39 AM   #5

Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
KZ RV Club
If it's a problem that is not going to ruin your trip, I'd call the service center and get it in writing that it is not yet fixed then use it for the trip and then take it back after the trip. I'd just be sure they know the problem still exists so they can not blame it on your last trip.
Old 10-16-2011, 12:18 PM   #6

I would go to the dealership on a busy day and where many potential customers are would voice my displeasure at their policies and service. They will probably take care of you just to get you out of there and to get you away from the other customers.
ralper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 08:11 PM   #7

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We are in that exact situation, we had to pick it up unfixed. We will be calling to reschedule the warranty work and recall fix apparently 12 days isn't long enough for camping world to adjust a slide and fix the recall.
Old 10-22-2011, 01:27 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyH View Post
We are in that exact situation, we had to pick it up unfixed. We will be calling to reschedule the warranty work and recall fix apparently 12 days isn't long enough for camping world to adjust a slide and fix the recall.
The Big problem is with diesel prices and we have to travel from Ks. to Oklahoma, thats a lot of fuel..going and coming. Especially when they had the RV for three months.

Rob
Old 10-22-2011, 04:43 PM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I ran into the exact same problem the OP is suggesting with a dealer here in Akron Ohio that I won't mention.
They had mine for 3 months and didn't fix about 19 things on a list of 22 while still under warranty.
They had it again for 2 weeks and still failed to repair ANYTHING and damaged my coach all the while trying to say "I must have rubbed against a tree....
(Caught them in that lie)
I ended up complaining enough that Keystone sent 2 reps to my home to see what the issues were; and at that time they scheduled service at the factory for me. ALL 3 years out of warranty.
That said; if you fail to get the service you require from your local dealer;try calling the Mfg. Keep detailed information of all your communications and phone calls of who, when and where you talked to some one trying to resolve your warranty issues.
And make some noise on a forum detailing who it is that's not providing what should be provided to you...go on all the forums you can....they don't like their names put out there for people to see when they mess up.
The squeaky wheel gets oiled first.

2012 Tiffin Allegro 34TGA
2013 Jeep Wrangler Sport
woodburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 07:13 AM   #10

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I don't know what dealer you are having problems with, and I would think that 3 months is way too long. I would tell them to schedule you for the fix and that you will have to stay in your 5er to wait for them to do the work. We can't do that as we have to work. If you are fulltiming you have no choice. And you won't have to drive back and forth.
Old 11-02-2011, 07:46 AM   #11

Nor'easters Club
judyh camping world SUCKS FOR SERVICE AFTER THEY GET YR MONEY FORGET ABOUT IT.
Old 11-02-2011, 05:08 PM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodtime View Post
judyh camping world SUCKS FOR SERVICE AFTER THEY GET YR MONEY FORGET ABOUT IT.
I couldn't have said it better myself.
Freedom roads/ Camping World....Nuff said.

2012 Tiffin Allegro 34TGA
2013 Jeep Wrangler Sport
woodburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 11:22 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodburner View Post
I couldn't have said it better myself.
Freedom roads/ Camping World....Nuff said.

What about these places that offer join up for their campsites that cost you around $4000.00 to join and than you still have to pay for parking your RV, I kind of think thats a rip as well.
Rob/Coni
Old 11-03-2011, 11:25 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodburner View Post
I ran into the exact same problem the OP is suggesting with a dealer here in Akron Ohio that I won't mention.
They had mine for 3 months and didn't fix about 19 things on a list of 22 while still under warranty.
They had it again for 2 weeks and still failed to repair ANYTHING and damaged my coach all the while trying to say "I must have rubbed against a tree....
(Caught them in that lie)
I ended up complaining enough that Keystone sent 2 reps to my home to see what the issues were; and at that time they scheduled service at the factory for me. ALL 3 years out of warranty.
That said; if you fail to get the service you require from your local dealer;try calling the Mfg. Keep detailed information of all your communications and phone calls of who, when and where you talked to some one trying to resolve your warranty issues.
And make some noise on a forum detailing who it is that's not providing what should be provided to you...go on all the forums you can....they don't like their names put out there for people to see when they mess up.
The squeaky wheel gets oiled first.
Unfortunately things like this ruin the RV industry and RV factory companies, so when are those who are in this industry going to take notice of the problems they have created and the people who fix their problem, such as cheap furniture that breaks the first time you sit in it, lousy finished work etc.

Tags
service