Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-17-2013, 10:39 AM   #1

Sewer hose

I just thought this might help some of our members on supporting their sewer hose. I took two 10' pieces of 4" sewer pipe and split them down the middle, lengthways. I cut one in half so it gives me 2, 5' sections.

Now I have a sewer hose support that will take care of almost any situation and is very easy to set up for drain angle. If you need to go a long distance to the hookup just overlap the sections about 6" and you can geter'done.
wingman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-20-2013, 07:51 PM   #2

Sounds like you came up with a greta solution to the sagging sewer hose problem.

2003 Fleetwood Expedition 38N 2005 Saturn Vue
jlfbatonrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:51 PM   #3

Get a Sewer Solution setup and you can store 20' of hose in a bucket and not have to worry about supporting it. Sure love mine.
Bob
Old 02-27-2013, 08:11 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiverBob View Post
Get a Sewer Solution setup and you can store 20' of hose in a bucket and not have to worry about supporting it. Sure love mine.
Bob
Ditto the SS. We have one for each of our rigs and love them. They perform great and they even flow up a slight incline. No more sagging drain issues and they clean and store easily.
AvionGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 07:48 AM   #5

So what happens at a dump station without a water hose connection? Do you carry a regular 3" hose just in case? Does the ss ever plug up?
Jerry
jrshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 04:00 PM   #6

I carry a normal "brown fountain" 6'er in the hose storage in the side of the coach. Hardly ever use it. Plug up? Never has in 5 years of using it. I also carry a 7' pvc pipe I use in the middle of it perchance I need the extra length - - I can reach right at 30' with that setup. Sure worked great in Mexico - - everyone was using it to dump their rigs in several stops.
Bob
Old 03-02-2013, 04:40 PM   #7

We just got the Flowjet sani pump and hope it will do the job.
I do think that you have a great idea for storing your dump hose.
beartoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:44 AM   #8

I have a sewer solution I made. Its a little bigger than the commercial but works just as well. Will pump up hill and out to 60'. I forgot to turn on water one time while dumping black and worked fine, just flushed lines out. I only turn water on to flush gray water, not whille using. Mike
214mrj44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 10:12 AM   #9

Thor Owners Club
Good information! I have seen those flowjets and other new systems advertised but never seen one used. I use PVC when ever we are someplace for any extended time. Never an issue.
Kro1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 11:48 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 214mrj44 View Post
I have a sewer solution I made. Its a little bigger than the commercial but works just as well. Will pump up hill and out to 60'. I forgot to turn on water one time while dumping black and worked fine, just flushed lines out. I only turn water on to flush gray water, not whille using. Mike
Sounds interesting. Do you have any pictures or details? Might be something I would like to try. Jerry
jrshall is offline   Reply With Quote