Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-23-2011, 06:12 PM   #1

Sewer valves, 2000 Alpha Gold 5th Wheel

Hello,

I just acquired this unit in a distressed sale without any instructions, etc.

I am currently living in it in cold weather near Topeka, KS (11 degree nights) I have the main sewer outlet open and connected to the park, site, receptacle. However, it appears there are three sewer tanks that do not automatically drain into the main. In one of the hatches, there appears to be one manual and two electric sewer valves and three electric sewer switches.

What is the sequence for emptying the various tanks? Do you turn on a switch and open a valve or vice versa? Also, of the two electric looking valves, which one controls what? And, are they automatic when you flip a switch or what? On the manual valve in this hatch. I pulled it and I think it was the grey water tank that began to empty down the main.

I tried the electric switches one at a time for about 10 seconds. Only on one of them did I hear any elctro/mechanical noise. Does that mean that some sewer valve is not working? If an electric valve is not working, I suppose one could open it manually, Huh?

On my control panel inside, I notice my Galley Tank is filling up.

Help on how all this works and which valve is for what would be sincerely appreciated.

Cordially,
Horsefly

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-23-2011, 06:45 PM   #2

First !. I cannot address your make unit as I've never owned one. The electric valves open by a 12V solenoid attached to the valve. When you flip the switch it opens the valve until you move the switch to off, then closes the valve. In that temperature I suggest leaving all your dump valves closed until the tanks are over 1/2 full. When you do dump the tanks the black tank is first to be emptied, followed by the gray tanks. This eliminates the sewer hose from freezing and creating a blockage. Label that one valve you know what it opens, then when you open other valves (one at a time) you can determine what tank it drains.
Sorry I can't be more help, others will soon see your questions and offer theirs (which is usually better than mine)

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 07:10 PM   #3
KIX

You can buy clear bayonet fittings to put in line in the sewage drain hose. The reason for this is so that when you are back flushing your sewage tank you can determine when you've got all the "stuff" out.
Another tip.....don not leave the sewage drain valve open. If it is left open the all the liquid will drain off and the tank will retain the solids which will harden without liquid. It's better to allow the black tank to fill at least 1/2 before emptying.
Sorry I can't help with your specific coach.
KIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 06:27 PM   #4

I haven't dived into this website for quality or usefulness, but here is an MH manuals website: Download Motor Home Manuals Owners Manual Pdf Book and User Instruction Guide
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 11:23 AM   #5

These people should be able to help you. Alfateers They are nice about helping you over the phone and they may or may not have manuels on your trailer, it depende if they where able to save them when the company shut down.

Paul

Tags
sewer system