Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 11-16-2012, 09:35 AM   #29

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Good point on sometimes shorter is bigger

My Sister and Bro-in-law just traded a 39' in on a 33' and have more usable room ...

the old one had a small br slide and small LR slide,
the new one has a full wall slide and BR slide AND opposing LR slide ....

If you really are sad and think nobody cares, just try missing a few payments ! '11 Monaco Diplomat 43DFT RR10R pushed by a Demco Excali-Bar II hitch which is pushed by a '14 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport.
JohnBoyToo is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-16-2012, 09:40 AM   #30
What brand/model is it?

campingisfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:59 PM   #31
Florida Cooters Club
Coastal Campers
Originally Posted by campingisfun View Post
What kind do you have? We may want to check into the same model.
Carriage Cameo 31KSLS. It was only offered in a 2011 and 2012 model years. Even though Carriage is out of business, supporti s available through Evergreen/Lifestyle. There may be a leftover 2012 at a good price and you could negotiate an aftermarket warranty since Carriage is closed. We are very pleased with it and have had no issues. Phillip
2014 Lifestyle LS36FW
2013 Chevy 3500 DRW 4x4 Duramax/Allison
Jacksonville, FL
jdpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:38 PM   #32
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Been very pleased with our 2001 Carriage Cameo 35SB3. They were well built trailers.

Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|Full-Time! - 2012 6.7L Ford Crew Cab Dually -2013 HitchHiker Champagne 38RLRSB - Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:17 AM   #33
Being 35' and under is a definite advantage when it comes to campsite availability in state parks. It's also an advantage in maneuvering around heavily wooded parks - remember that your overall length when hooked up to your truck is a factor when backing into those tight spots. As they say, "size matters" but bigger isn't necessarily better. If you're not a full timer, don't get hung up on full size refrigerators and king size beds.
ajlcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:27 PM   #34
I Just looked at the smaller 5th wheels 28 to 32 feet. I currently tow a 37foot Sunnybrook. The shorter 5th wheels sure look like they would be much easier to maneuver. So the shorter 5th wheels pass the common sense visual concept of being easier to manuever. I looked at one that I think I could back into a shoebox if I had to.
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:28 PM   #35
Excel Owners Club
Excel makes several models less than 33', they have one less than 30'.
'13 Excel Winslow 34IKE

'12 GMC Sierra 3500HD
drfife is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 02:58 AM   #36
Coastal Campers
And now for an opposing viewpoint..

We own a 2006 Arctic Fox 24-5N. Forward bulkhead to after bulkhead is exactly 25 ft.. Large fridge, queen size bed, couch slide. But we do lack storage, no basement (fresh water tank). We just learned how/what to pack.

We added a truck box to the rear, mounted a Yamaha 2400 on the pinbox and hung the spare below.

Last February we made a Florida trip and had no problem making last minute reservations in State Parks, larger sites were not available.

Our rig is a little tight on space for full timing but we do two 4 week trips a year with no problem.

And, it will go almost anywhere a car will go and can be backed into a "shoebox" without a problem.
Jeanie & Joe

2006 "Collector Edition" Arctic Fox 24-5N
Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:19 PM   #37
Depends on what you want to do. Size of family. What type of camping do you do? I have a 1994 27sl Alpenlite that has 78,000 miles of towing and lived in it for 3 years. Total combination is 17,000 lb loaded. Been to Alaska and all over the northwest territory twice.. Most folks with 5rs would never go where I go.I can throw a U turn on any 2 lane hwy. The wife and I feel very comfortable in this rig. When we camp with the kids and grand kids we take out the recliner and pack an extra folding table and chairs. If you boondock, an Alpenlite has the largest tanks of all.

oldbeek is offline   Reply With Quote