Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 09-30-2013, 09:43 PM   #15
Yes, with sellers who are careless with their ads, I also am prone to wonder if they were careless in doing routine maintenance and even reading their owner's manuals about upkeep.

FT'er,38' 5W/ToyHauler but no toys; rural eastern Texas 140mi.from Houston coastline.[On-grid gray/black-water code-compliant.] Interested in feedback re: climate/mold issues, vermin/pests/coyotes, energy-conservation tech & experiments, passive solar, RV security.
PaulAllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-01-2013, 07:12 PM   #16
Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Below was, let me repeat "WAS" the ad a wrote up to sell my 2005 tt back in 2012....

2005 Aerolite Cub hybrid RV Trailer
Very well maintained hybrid RV trailer. (bought new in June 05') The model number is #236. 24' long hitch to bumper. At the time Aerolite called their hybrids "Cub". Aerolite is a division of Dutchman, which is a division of Thor. At the time when we purchased our unit there were about 9 or 10 makers of hybrids, the Aerolite were the most $$$, but the "fit & finish" was far better. This floorplan has an unbelievable amount of counter space and cabinets. There are 26 cabinet / storage spaces in the trailer. There is a small couch slide which really opens the floor space up. Dry weight is 3900 with listed options. The dry hitch weight is 315. I'm going to guess loaded we are at 4500 lbs and maybe 450 hitch weight. We have had very good use of this RV and it has held up very well. 4 new tires last spring. New battery last fall. It gets waxed 3-4 times a year. All rubber seal around slide and doors get silicon once a month. The floor has a carpet runner going the whole length of the trailer. No shoes were allowed in the trailer. No nicks in the cabinet corners. The bunk beds measure 60" x 80". EPDM rubber roof gets cleaned 3 times a year and protectant applied. I even clean and wax the Air-Maxx vent covers, frig roof vent, AC cover. For a trailer this size a 46 gallon fresh water tank is very large, most are 28 to 35 at most....

This is a very clean trailer. The Cub gets wax with Gel-Gloss about 3-4 times a year. The decal areas are waxed with Gel-Gloss HD that has a UV protector. The walled surface of this trailer is better than new...I sold my wife's 9 year old Corolla 2 months ago on Craig's and the buyer said it was 10 times cleaner than any he had seen. Once we back into of campsite we can be set up in 20 minutes, including having my beverage and newspaper ready to read. Here is a list of what the RV trailer has:

~ 24' 4" in length, 8' (96") wide, 9'4" high with AC. with Couch slide
~ Fresh water tank 46 gallons, gray 34 gallons and black 22 gallons
~ Propane furnace 19,000BTU, AC 13.5 BTU
~ Gas/ electric DSI hot water heater (6 gallon)
~ Gas / electric DSI 6 cubic ft. frig
~ 3 burner stove, oven and microwave
~ 2 overhead roof vents with MaxxAir covers
~ hot / cold exterior shower
~ 4 corner stabilizer jacks with sand pads
~ set of 2 bunk lights / fans
~ chrome hubcaps
~ very large awning....

We are looking to purchase another new Aerolite hybrid. You may ask why we are selling, we love this trailer, usually we trade up every 4-5 years. This RV has been so good we are sticking with the same brand. I want to make sure we are not without a RV as we have a whole summer of reservations. So I have to make sure I have the new RV in hand before I can sell this unit... Email me for a link to more pictures in my on-line photo gallery.

Jim, Diane & Robert ~ NE. OH.
2013 Aerolite Hybrid #232 ES
2014 Toyota Tundra Limited 5.7L
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote