Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-30-2010, 09:34 AM   #1

Slide out floor issue / H2O heater

Thank you all for your input... Water heater was bad seal at the gas fitting. Got replacement tank only ($315) from Atwood. $600 repair.
I could use some input on the slide out issue though... I need someone who can tell me how the floors in this 07 Holiday Rambler Pres. Suite 37 RLQ are constructed. As many may know HR is no longer in manufacture. Monaco bought them but are going down themselves. I really need to talk to someone who has had one of these units apart. I can repair this myself but I would prefer NOT disassembling the whole floor system if I can avoid it. It is still winter...

PS for whatever it's worth this slideout design is pitiful and for a rig of this price range I should NEVER have had this problem! Holiday Rambler made some very poor decisions in cutting the corners they cut. It has been suggested that it would cost me $4000 to get these floors fixed (new floors) I don't have this money... I could really use some specific and accurate advice.
Thanks All........... GSL
GSL9913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-30-2010, 09:58 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Have you tried calling Monaco Technical Service at:

(800) 450-6336

or email at:

mcctech@monacocoach.com

I usually get Bob Presson.

Good Luck!

Dr4Film ----- Richard.
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 12:00 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSL9913 View Post
Thank you all for your input... Water heater was bad seal at the gas fitting. Got replacement tank only ($315) from Atwood. $600 repair.
I could use some input on the slide out issue though... I need someone who can tell me how the floors in this 07 Holiday Rambler Pres. Suite 37 RLQ are constructed. As many may know HR is no longer in manufacture. Monaco bought them but are going down themselves. I really need to talk to someone who has had one of these units apart. I can repair this myself but I would prefer NOT disassembling the whole floor system if I can avoid it. It is still winter...

PS for whatever it's worth this slideout design is pitiful and for a rig of this price range I should NEVER have had this problem! Holiday Rambler made some very poor decisions in cutting the corners they cut. It has been suggested that it would cost me $4000 to get these floors fixed (new floors) I don't have this money... I could really use some specific and accurate advice.
Thanks All........... GSL
HELLO,

I AM AN RV TECH, IN PORTLAND ORE. WHILE I AM NOT FAMILAR WITH YOUR MODEL SIGHT UNSEEN, IF I WERE YOU I WOULD GO TO YOUR LOCAL "FRIENDLY" RV DEALER AND ASK THEM FOR A REPAIR QUOTE. i WOULD REAUEST AT THE TIME YOU DROP IT OFF THAT YOU ASK THEM THAT WHEN YOU COME TO PICK IT UP, YOU WOULD LIKE TO HAVE THE QUOTE EXPLAINED TO YOU BY THE TECH WHO MADE THE QUOTE. TO SHOW YOU WHAT THEY ARE "POSSIBLY" GOING TO REPAIR.

THEY WILL DO THIS BECAUSE THEY WANT YOUR BUSINESS. RV BUSINESS IS SLOW IN THE WINTER ANYWAY. AND IT WILL TAKE ONLY A FEW MINUTES TO SHOW YOU. MUCH LESS TIME THEN IT TOOK THEM TO WRITE THE QUOTE.

IF, YOU HAVE ANY MORAL ISSUES WITH THIS YOU SHOULDN'T AND IT'S JUST A QUOTE. YOU CAN ALWAYS BRING THEM AN ISSUE IN THE FUTURE TO SHOW YOUR APPRECIATION.

BRAD
ON SITE RV REPAIR
PORTLAND, OR
Bradley-Berg is offline   Reply With Quote