Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-06-2011, 06:57 PM   #1

Forest River Owners Club
Slide out wiring support

I HAVE A 2005 CARDINAL WITH 3 SLIDE OUTS. A 3 INCH WIDE 3 TO 4 FT PLASTIC SUPPORT STRIP IS LOCATED UNDER THE SLIDE OUT TO SUPPORT THE WIRING BUNDLES THAT ARE NEEDED FOR OPERATION OF SEVERAL ITEMS INSIDE THE 5TH WHEEL.

THE PLASTIC STRIP HAS AGED AND BROKEN. THE CURRENT STRIP HAS THE WORDS "QUICK DRAW PRODUCTS" STAMPED ON IT BUT WITH NO PART NUMBER. CANNOT FIND THE PART IN RV SHOPS OR THRU GOOGLE. ANY IDEA FOR A SUBSTITUTION FIX OR LOCATION TO GET THE PART?

THE RV MFG. IS NOT AVAILABLE !!!!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-06-2011, 07:03 PM   #2

Wiremold products work?
Raceway

Old 09-06-2011, 09:32 PM   #3

Common problem with the Quik Draw wire supports--you can get them from Lippert Components, but I suggest you just get a common door hinge (plated to resist corrosion) and put it where the break is. At the frame end--attach one side of the hinge to the frame, other to the support. Somewhere in the support itself--attach one side of the hinge to each half of the support. Use plated bolts and put the nuts on the side away from the wires to prevent snags/wear. Very simple and common repair.
Joe
'09 F450--died, replaced with '10--retired
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 11:55 AM   #4

Forest River Owners Club
OK, Thanks to you folks I now have a wiring support being shipped to me. I contacted "Lippeert Components" - 1-866-524-7821 and talked to Don May. He found the wiring support assy. as part no 134628.
Cost is $43.75 plus shipping. The support comes with all attachements, screws ect.
Might be a bit expensive but I use the RV for business travel and if the wires come down while traveling on the road it could cost more if caught in the wheels.
Besides I'm helping the economy !
Take care out there it is getting crazy!!

PS Thanks "Wingnut60"
Old 09-07-2011, 12:56 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
The next time it happens on a different slide, rather than supporting the economy, you might want to try Wingnut's suggestion. I used a standard door hinge on three of my slides.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 01:08 PM   #6

On a 2005 model, you are very fortunate it has not happened before--all 3 of mine have broken. I got one new--it broke--and figured the hinge was a way better way to go. So far, no broken hinges...
This is another one of the aggravations that RV mfgs have not figured out--guess the replacement parts business is too good to fix the problem.

Joe
Old 09-07-2011, 01:57 PM   #7

Everyone I know that has had the problem have replaced the attachment point with a metal door hinge. That's where I'm going as well when mine break, and they will.
Old 09-07-2011, 04:14 PM   #8

And if the wires supported by the plastic are going thru looms, how you gonna get the wires out and back in? Thats the main reason, besides cost and breaking again, that I went with the hinges.
Joe
Old 09-17-2013, 09:18 PM   #9

Are pics available?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnut60 View Post
Common problem with the Quik Draw wire supports--you can get them from Lippert Components, but I suggest you just get a common door hinge (plated to resist corrosion) and put it where the break is. At the frame end--attach one side of the hinge to the frame, other to the support. Somewhere in the support itself--attach one side of the hinge to each half of the support. Use plated bolts and put the nuts on the side away from the wires to prevent snags/wear. Very simple and common repair.
Joe
I have a 2010 Grand Junction with the same problem on both slides; any chance you can send a picture? I live in Bastrop and my dealer in San Marcos is not aware of this simple fix. You can call me at 512-496-3875
Ron
Old 09-17-2013, 09:43 PM   #10

Call your dealer with this simple fix.
It's so simple, I've never thought of that till now haha

I try not to order Lippert parts unless necessary, because they make some pretty cheap stuff.
Old 09-17-2013, 09:59 PM   #11

I just replaced mine on my 2009 Grand Junction. When they were installed at the factory they were not positioned right and had a very sharp kink in them when the slide was closed. I repositioned them so they would move and not kink. I didn't use the loom that comes with the quick draw, I just drilled small holes top and bottom and loosely secured the wiring and hoses with zip ties along the strap. Works good so far. Had to run the slide in and out a bunch of times to get the position of the quick draw right.
Old 09-17-2013, 10:38 PM   #12

I prefer to use springs to hold everything up as opposed to the Lippert stuff.
Old 11-11-2013, 11:43 AM   #13

I found a $2 piece of flexible lawn edging at a local hardware store that works just as good as the Quick Draw product. It can be cut with a sheet rock knife and drills pretty smooth for mounting.
Old 11-15-2013, 09:35 AM   #14

Installing coax and HDMI for DirecTV SWM 3-LNB satellite with 2 receivers in 2013 Challenger KT.

One receiver in desk slide, which will share signal with outside TV via HDMI .. A second receiver in bedroom, which will share signal with TV in dining area also via HDMI.

Any one have any ideas/ experience running cables from the storage area up into the desk slide and hdmi cable over to the couch slide for the exterior TV?

Thanks
John

Tags
slide, wiring