Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-12-2009, 09:04 AM   #1

We have a 2001 28' rkfs sunnybrook and the last time we put the living-dinet slideout in we did't hear the normal clicking sounds that let you know it is complete in. I then tried to put it out and nothing happens. I can hear the motor running but nothing moves. We have put the travel bars in place for saftey and are on our way home but would like to repair this before our next trip. It is an electric slide and I know there is an access port someplace but i'll be danged if I can remember where it is. Is this going to require a repair shop visit or is it something I can do myself?

Thanks to all that help

Sunnytwo
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-12-2009, 09:28 AM   #2

Pond Piggies Club
Sunnytwo: There should be an access port on the opposite side of the rig in line with the slide out, where exactly I don't know, they vary a little from brand to brand. On the other Q, sounds like something came unhooked? If you can here the motor running sounds like the gear mechanism is slipping or stripped out. As far as fixing it I myself would take it to a dealer JMO.
Wingnut57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 10:06 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally posted by Sunnytwo:
I can hear the motor running but nothing moves.
We had an electric slide on a previous fifth wheel and had the same thing happen...we could hear the motor running, but the slide didn't move.

It turned out that the pin that connects the motor to the gear box fell out. Replacing the pin solved the problem.

Hopefully, the solution to your problem is as simple!
Old 02-12-2009, 10:43 AM   #4

Texas Boomers Club
It could be as simple as a broken or missing shear pin, or it could be a broken or stripped gear in the gear reduction box. This wouldn't be the first time the latter happened with a Sunnybrook - we had to push a bedroom slide in on a friend's first trip out in their new Sunnybrook a number of years ago. Until you get to the motor/gearbox assembly, you probably won't be able to tell what's going on.

Rusty
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote