Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-10-2005, 07:14 PM   #1

Texas Boomers Club
The slideout on our 2000 Jayco 3610RL wont slide out on battery power only. This is the curb side slide and one of those that drops down as it travels out for a flush floor. Both batteries are 1 month old and I have tried to move this slide right after unplugging from shore power where its been plugged in for a week with out any electrical use. There doesnt seem to be any other electrical malfunctions. The other 2 slides work fine. This unit has a full belly pan that doesnt look easy to remove so I hope there is a quick easy fix here.
TIA John

2006 Montana 3400RL Quad Slide full timing July 06 <a href="https://www.wunderground.com/US/TX/Waco.html">
Cummins Hot Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-10-2005, 07:14 PM   #2

Texas Boomers Club
The slideout on our 2000 Jayco 3610RL wont slide out on battery power only. This is the curb side slide and one of those that drops down as it travels out for a flush floor. Both batteries are 1 month old and I have tried to move this slide right after unplugging from shore power where its been plugged in for a week with out any electrical use. There doesnt seem to be any other electrical malfunctions. The other 2 slides work fine. This unit has a full belly pan that doesnt look easy to remove so I hope there is a quick easy fix here.
TIA John

2006 Montana 3400RL Quad Slide full timing July 06 <a href="https://www.wunderground.com/US/TX/Waco.html">
Old 09-11-2005, 10:23 AM   #3

It would help if you stated if electrical or hydraulic. Plug in to shore power or hook up to truck with motor running ,see what the converter is putting out ,or check it at the pos. post should be about 13 v to 14v with full battery. Could be a bad manifold connection if hydraulic ,or Bad connection if electrical . If electrical three motors ,if hydraulic one motor/pump with manifold with control valves internal . Need more information. Skipper entry level over fifty years.
Old 09-16-2005, 04:34 PM   #4

Texas Boomers Club
After doing some more checking here is some more info.
It is a electrical only system. Battery voltage is at 13.8 volts When unplugged from shore power. It seems to have trouble closing the last 8 inches or so accompanied by some weird groaning noises and this is when hooked to shore power.
I called Jayco tech support and was told this system wasnt meant to be used on battery only so I guess boondocking is out with a Jayco with a slide out? The tech guy at Powergear who makes the slidout package didnt seem to think so but I need to call him back with a part # from the mechanism for more info.
Any ideas anybody? This unit has a full belly pan that needs to come off for anything related to the motor.
TIA
John

Old 09-16-2005, 04:51 PM   #5

I would say the Jokeo man is full of it. Mine works just fine on battery only. I put some grease on my rack gear and it seemed to slid a bit easier.
I would be interested to know what the voltage of the battery is when operating the slider. I should think if it dropped much less than 11 volts, your battery would probably need to be replaced or maybe a bigger one.
Jim

SPELL CHECK By IeSpell; Its free and it works.
JimmyDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 01:09 PM   #6

On your Jayco, with the slide out, pick up the slide out carpet and you will see a full length nylon strip that the slide comes up and over. Spray it good with silicone spray. I spray mine about every 3-4 outtings.
2002 Jayco Eagle 300FSS Travel Trailer, 2005 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab 4X4 w/Duramax, RDS 60 Gallon Toolbx/Tank Combo, Edge EZ, Boost Stick, Bilstein Shocks, Michelin 265 MS2, Isspro Pyrometer and Boost Gauges, ARE Topper, Honda EU3000
Roy W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 03:00 PM   #7

Do you have clean tight battery post connections? Perhaps you are not getting full voltage delivered to your hydraulic motor.
Retired Navy. 2001 Quad Cab 2500 Auto w/4:10 rear end. PRXB Pac Brake. Miller Manufacturing Truck Bed Cover and Rigged to tow a 1995 29' Automate 5th wheel with 1 slide out
cwsoules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 02:47 AM   #8

Sounds to me that the last 8 inches or so is binding somewhere.......so thats where I would start looking...could be it needs lubrication or some sort of adjustment....good luck..

2004 Keystone Sprinter LA 292FWRLS
Skip298 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 04:36 AM   #9

DON'T USE GREASE.

It might get it sliding better a time or two but it will kill your system in the long run. Grase will hold dirt or anything else that sticks to it, then you will do some serious damage. Several companies make dry spray lubes just for slidouts. Get some, and keep it in the camper. Occasionly spray everything down with it.

In this case, if your batteries are good, I'd look at friction next and say get some correct spray, as step 2.
charliez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 10:49 AM   #10

Guys, he said the other slide works fine, to its not BATTERIES.

Check in your basement for access. I too have a full belly cover but found that by taking down the sidewalls in the basement, I was able to worm my way through everything and get to all three of my slide mechanisms when checking for a binding.

Found a piece of wood from during the manufacturing process was in between gear teeth and causing the binding.

Be careful in there as you can go through the belly covering. Kinda like crawling around in a real low attic.

'01 34'Carri-Lite, 5ver
h2guy is offline   Reply With Quote