Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-21-2012, 11:19 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaTOne65 View Post
We have spent the last 13 yrs. in the Mesa, AZ area. Wouldn't trade for anyplace else. AZ. has the most consistent climate in the winter time.
yes its consistantly colder than Indio.Been both places+ choose indio for 2 reasons the weathers warmer and it a lot nicer city.
Indio is more exspensive to stay at most all Rv parks though

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-21-2012, 11:41 PM   #30

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncason
Anything less than 80 degrees is cool to me.

Nancy
For us folks from the frozen north anything warmer than 32f in the winter months is shorts weather

something for the weekend...1968 Vanguard Camper on 1989 GMC 2500
Open Roaders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 07:08 AM   #31

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Open Roaders

For us folks from the frozen north anything warmer than 32f in the winter months is shorts weather
LOL.... We arrived in Fl a few days ago and it was 58 at the time. I was sitting outside in my shorts and no shirt, boy was I getting some looks! The nice old gentleman next door said "you're not a snowbird, you're a snowman'", he's been calling me that ever since.
clyon51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 07:23 AM   #32

Gulf Coast Mississippi. We've been there the last 3 years in a row and the rig is now packed and ready to head out mid-Dec from Prince Edward Island Candada; it'll be our 4th year near Biloxi.
Old 11-22-2012, 08:13 AM   #33

"LOL.... We arrived in Fl a few days ago and it was 58 at the time. I was sitting outside in my shorts and no shirt, boy was I getting some looks!"

Similar thing down in Apache Junction last March. I'd go to a store in a t-shirt and see people in winter coats. We'd be staring at each other! And I'm not that warm blooded. It always bothers me a little to see a mother with a 3 or 4 year old in a t-shirt when it's 40 here. Especially when she's got a coat on.
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 08:36 AM   #34

Well, we've been in RGV of Texas - too dirty for me; then Arizona- nice much cleaner and you can choose hot & dry or cool and comfortable; and Florida - too humid. So probably will end up back in Arizona. For those of you who say west too far, east too far - hey we are full timers we can go where ever we want to go!
Palpatine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 08:44 AM   #35

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palpatine
and Florida - too humid.
Certainly true in the summer, but winter is the dry season we soon found out. All winter long they are fighting wildfires because it's so dry. Surprised the heck out of me.
clyon51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 04:03 PM   #36

Thor Owners Club
Campground

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siebrands View Post
Gulf Coast Mississippi. We've been there the last 3 years in a row and the rig is now packed and ready to head out mid-Dec from Prince Edward Island Candada; it'll be our 4th year near Biloxi.
Siebrands, do you stay at a campground? We are in New Brunswick and starting to plan , I've never thought of the Gulf Coast, Miss.

Thanks, Retreever
Old 11-22-2012, 07:26 PM   #37

Rosie and I are starting FT on December 20, 2012. We will be on our way to Juno Beach FL. on the 28th! Can't wait. See you in the SUN SHINE state.
Old 11-22-2012, 09:45 PM   #38

DW and I have spent winters in the RGV and Florida. Florida is more expensive, but has more to offer, for most people. The RGV is less expensive generally, and a completely different climate. We did not like the seemingly constant 30 MPH "breeze" in the RGV, and blowing dust that it brings.
We stayed in the interior of S. Florida once, then once at Ft. Myers Beach which IMO is great. Next time we plan to winter in AZ, not sure where yet. We like to visit different places so I doubt we will spend two winters in the same place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeless View Post
What is a "Work Camp" exactly?
Workamping is when you agree to spend X amount of time working at a place, normally an RV park, in exchange for a paid campsite, partially paid campsite and stipend, or some other arrangement. There is a pay-for-use website for these RVing people who want to use this option to help them live their chosen lifestyle.
Old 11-23-2012, 04:57 AM   #39

After corpus christie, Mission,Mesa,Dauphin Island al,for several years,we spend the winter at Jensen Beach fl and we love it
André
Andrew from Québec Ca NKK#16343
2004 Kountry Star 3904 Cummins 330 ISC towing a Jeep Cherooke Trail Hawk 2016,Blue Ox.and Buddy Brake ,TMS,
AndrewC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 05:58 AM   #40

We stay in Saucier MS, which is near Biloxi. I like quiet, so we chose a small campground about 5 miles outside Saucier. It's owned by a local fellow named Charlie Dabbs and has only 6-7 sites. We've made some friends at the campground and travel around the area often, e.g. Mobile AL, Gulfport, even into Louisiana. It's hard to beat Gulf Coast shrimp! The campground with wifi and electric and sewer and water is $325/mo. Can't find that in Florida, I don't think.
Old 11-23-2012, 07:30 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunrovin1955 View Post
I was'nt born in Texas but I got there as fast as I could. Love south Texas!!!!!!
that is right i go to Mission Texas love it
Old 11-23-2012, 07:57 PM   #42

Fleetwood Owners Club
We have a lot in FL away from the expensive 'snowbird' resorts. Little town of Bowling Green, FL. We are private people that like our space. Best kept secret in FL "Avion Palms".

Below the frost/freeze line with reasonable golf and other activities to enjoy. Only 35 minutes to Sarasota area.

Just enjoying the lifestyle of simplicity and our mh gives us the best way to enjoy it.

Dave

Tags
winter