Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-07-2009, 12:04 PM   #1
NNK

Standard toilet

can a standard toilet be installed in a 2007 forest river rockwood 8241 5th wheel?
Than you!
NNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-07-2009, 01:19 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
You mean like one you'd find in a sticks and bricks? I suppose it *could* be done with some replumbing, but why would you want to?
Old 06-07-2009, 01:36 PM   #3

I'm willing to Guess... the sitting height on the RV Toilet is a challenge for some folks. besides the additional weight of a porcelain god, you would have issues with Sewer gasses. The RV toilet provides a mechanical Block from the gasses below, as well as the wrap around lid which provides a second level of protection. if your concern is the LOW sitting position you could build a box to mount on the floor to give you the lift you require. I understand that some handicapped or Sr. individuals may have an issue with the current RV unit. Hope this helps.

https://www.wsdot.wa.gov/traffic/passes/white/ not far from home...
Frankenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 01:36 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaH View Post
You mean like one you'd find in a sticks and bricks?
Not if it has a tank of water on the back, it'll slosh all over the place. So will the water in the toilet bowl itself, that water level is far too high to stay in place over bumps and turns as well.

Also, at 2-6 gallons per flush (GPF) (that's the current range of "old" standard toilets with about 4.1GPF the average) that could make for another set of challenges.
Old 06-07-2009, 04:06 PM   #5
NNK

standard toilet

Thank you for answers! Yes, I am concern with the hight of the toilet in our RV. The toilet in our RV is short and was wondering about standard hight.
Thank you for clarification to my post.
NNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 04:42 PM   #6

My wife had both knees replaced, and I had Camping World install a "handicap" height RV toilet in our fiver. I even think its much better than the old lower unit.

04 Everest 343L, 07 Chevy 3500 SRW,4x4,D/A,ext.cab
R.G.Wise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 04:42 PM   #7
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
High profile RV toilets are available.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 06:08 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
You may want to consider this one, it is a full china toilet like your home toilet but with no tank or bowl water to spill. This is an installation manual for it, that gives you a better idea than the sales ads. Runs about $450.

http://sealandtechnology.com/pdf/600...0%20manual.pdf
Old 06-14-2009, 07:16 PM   #9

My new camper came with the porcelain bowl. After 3 low profile toilets, this one is awesome. It's still a plastic base, but the bowl is porcelain. Works in every respect like a "normal" RV foot-flush toilet. I've noticed it seems to stay cleaner looking than my plastic ones. It's made by Thetford.

Changing out an RV toilet is actually pretty easy. It's two bolts and a seal. There's also some smells, and you'll want a big trash bag to put the old one into quickly. Don't forget to turn off the water first (don't ask how I know).

Tags
handicap