Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-15-2016, 08:53 AM   #29

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloomer View Post
I just went out and lit it with a match it lights but then it goes out after 5 sec.So I don't know what to think.
I'd suggest the next step would be to replace the control board. However, before doing it yourself, take it to a approved Suburban dealer and have them access that's the issue. You should still be under warranty and it will be covered.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-15-2016, 10:06 AM   #30

Quote:
sounds good but I don't really know where the control board is located at
boomer
You will find your WH control board at the opposite end of the wire attached to the Suberban flame sense/igniter.
(Mine is inside the coach, on the back wall of a lower kitchen cabinet, near the water heater tank).
Mel
'96 Safari
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 12:35 PM   #31

Well I called a nearby rv dealer and he said he would take a look and fix the prob. and call the suburban place and deal with the warranty. I will be taking it over nexed week I will let yas know what they found out as for this weekend camp trip....cold showers and lots of cold beer !
bloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 06:57 AM   #32

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
sounds good but I don't really know where the control board is located at
Hate to say I told you so, but........

I repeat,

Did you check your grounds? already? remove them and clean them with a finger nail sanding board that your wife uses. There should be a ground from the frame of the water heater to the frame of your trailer, make sure that is clean too! Bypass your low limit temp sensor and then your hi limit sensor.

My money is still on the control board.......

Control board is on the top left corner under the water heater cover on the exterior of your coach/trailer. It is a black looking rectangular box with a either a 5 or 6 connector plug on it. Held by 2 screws. Amazon prime can get you one in 2 days. Last I checked they were $125. It is good to keep a spare around. Then when it works, take the old one back to the dealer for a warranty replacement.
Old 07-16-2016, 07:14 AM   #33

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
whoops, looks like I told you wrong, I was thinking of an atwood. the control module is on the backside of the water heater. here is link with some drawings at the end so you can get an idea where it is at.

https://www.livinlite.com/pdf/servic...stallation.pdf

Looks like the price for the board is a lot less too. $75!

Take a look at youtube for a good suburban thermo sensor location. I like this one.

Old 07-25-2016, 05:56 PM   #34

And the winner is?Suburban water heater

hi all well I took it to a dealer and he did some testing on it and it was the controlboard! thanks all who helped me with this pain in the *** thanks again!
bloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 07:17 AM   #35

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I always think it is amazing. a $600 water heater controlled by a $10 transistor radio that they charge $100 for. Remember back in the early 60's when they came out with those little pocket transistor radio for $4?

Tags
heat, heater, light, water, water heater