Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-19-2012, 11:01 AM   #1

Sunnybrook 3300ck

Purchased the Sunnybrook 3300ck will take delivery around the middle of March. Does anyone have any experience with this model? I heard that the Sunnybrook quality is good, It looked better than some of the other ones we looked at. With Sunntbrook is there anything I should look for or pay attention to? We went from a 33ft TT this is our 1st 5th wheel (35'10')

Thanks
mike

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-01-2012, 05:49 PM   #2

Sunnybrook is a good unit but still you should not turn over your money until you spend time 2-3 hrs, checking it out, run water and look for leaks, run the slideouts in and out, look for uneven coming in or out, run furnace, stove, fridge and make sure they stay on. Look at your cabinets and make sure the doors are on evenly and open and close right. Bed will lift up for storage, lift it and make sure it works right, toilet and shower, put water hose up on roof and spray away and make sure no leaks at the A/C and vents/ roof windows/skylights etc. Make sure the roof has NO bubbles and is clean. Hookup the sewer hose and make sure after you run water in shower and in kitchen sink for a while, now drain it and make sure the gates open and close well and easily, take a look at the windows and vents for oven and dryer if you have one and make sure they close easily. ALL new rigs have problems, SO you want them fixed BEFORE you take ownership. NEVER pay the whole amount until it is delivered to you without defects or as much as possible. Things will come once you are out with it but this will stop you from having to make appts for your repairs that were evident at dealership. The dealer will fix everything before if you hold the money, they want their money and you have the upper hand. IF you take the rig(they will tell you to go ahead and take it and then come back with a list) you will not get the attention you want after you leave that you WILL get before you turn over the money. Do not let them cajole you into taking the rig before the defects are fixed to your satisfaction. The dealer will act very trustworthy, your new best friend, but after you pay them, they kiss you off and you will never get the same attention until you want to buy again.

Old 03-01-2012, 06:00 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
You don't mention what year your SB is. The older ones actually have a better reputation than the new ones. Also, most are heavy, we ruled them out a few years ago because the one we liked would have taken a dually. We ended up with a dually anyway, but at the time didn't want one.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 03:42 AM   #4

Thanks for the info and the check list. Its a 2012.

Mike
Old 03-02-2012, 12:46 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Here is a web site for what used to be the Sunnybrook forum. Over the last few years it has become more general, but still has many SB owners:

My RV Talk
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 09:53 AM   #6

SunnyBrook

We have a 2003 Sunnybrook 30' FIS T/T, but I found it necessary to compliment you on the purchase. Our T/T has been on at least thirty adventures up and down the east coast of these United States. Today she is sitting on a covered pad in North Georgia, for all intential purposes, retired. The unit is as perfect today as it was in 03'. What I mean by that is, we have taken extremely good care of her and our reward back is, she has taken good care of us. The only problems we had with the coach in these many years can be counted on one hand, and none were related anything being defective with the coach. The factory tires were allowed to stay on just about a year to long, and they look like new when the first one blew...we immediately purchased a new set of Continental ten plys while we were camping at Kitty Hawk on the outer banks.
Something I need to share with you because it is funny, for five years using our sunny, we never knew that it did in fact have a ten gallon hot water heater that was AC and well as GAS...have not used propane now in several years...my wife ordered that way and we never knew until we found out by accident..so check and see if you too may have this option..ten gallons is great, we never run out of Hot Water..
We recently purchased a second coach, a Forest River Unit called the Crusader 270 RET, 5th Wheel not less...it is not the same coach as the Sunnybrook...we plan on using it for extensive camping into Canada and Alaska in 2013...did not want to take the Sunny on such a long trip and mess her up as we intend to live in her later..
Take Care..
Attached Images

Old 05-08-2012, 05:58 PM   #7

I bought a Sunnybrook 2007 39 KSRV Titan which was never used. The drawer under the oven was broken so I took it out to fix it.

This is what I found.... To the credit of Sunnybrook they stepped up to the plate and said to take it to CW and have it fixed on their dime. Scary to think a gas line was hammered to fit around a brace....
Old 07-19-2012, 09:47 PM   #8

Hi Hellcat,
We bought the Raven 3300 in April completed a shakedown trip for 3 weeks and provided a list of 15 items for deficiency / warranty repair. Would be pleased to compare notes. Overall we love the unit but found some workmanship and minor design issues. No biggies but very frustrating. Dealr is also getting run around (i think) from Winnebago.
Thoughts? Cheers
Old 07-19-2012, 11:05 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRBB View Post
I bought a Sunnybrook 2007 39 KSRV Titan which was never used. The drawer under the oven was broken so I took it out to fix it.

This is what I found.... To the credit of Sunnybrook they stepped up to the plate and said to take it to CW and have it fixed on their dime. Scary to think a gas line was hammered to fit around a brace....
Well to sunnybrooks credit they had me take it to Camping world and have it fixed on their dime 3 years after the warranty was up. As far as the rest of the unit it is built well and we have had no problems with it.