Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-13-2013, 07:00 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Sunnybrook Owner Looking for same.

My name is Jack and I am the owner of an 2008 Sunnybrook, Bristol Bay and was wondering if there are any other owners of said Fifth Wheel. Please reply if you are. Looking forward to meeting you.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-14-2013, 08:48 AM   #2

Not necessarily for that particular model, but you will find a LOT of SB owners and former owners (myself included) at this forum:

MyRVTalk.com

You can view most of it without registering, but I would strongly suggest that you register and begin enjoying the info available there.

Joe

'09 F450--died, replaced with '10--retired
wingnut60 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 05:05 PM   #3

Hi Jack,
I'm a newbie to RVs. My wife and I are looking to buy our first and we are going to look at a used 2007 Bristol Bay model 3150. I was actually searching on the forums to see what people think of these units.

Biggest concern for me is a quality built unit.

I can give you the entire story... all the research I've done... the discussion between Class A, TT and 5er... but this unit, with the tow vehicle (a 2001 Ford F250 Diesel) seems to be one we could afford to get into and enjoy for a few years and determine what we want (if anything) after that.

I haven't been inside this unit yet... but wonder what you think of yours? Any things in particular I should look for?

Thanks!
Old 10-20-2013, 06:41 PM   #4

I have a 2011 Bristol Bsy 3510. DW and I bought this 5er because it had very nice beauflor with the wood look thru out most of the coach. Even the steps and bedroom are beauflor. I did see a survey and SunnyBrook rated very high in customer satisfaction.

After two years I have had no issues. Everything works as it should.

But on the negative side it only has a 10" I beam frame and 6,000 lb. axles. I hope my DW and I can full-time in this unit until we figure out what we want in our next rig. Our Bristol Bay has most of the bells and whistles. It has LCI 6pt. leveling, stacked washer dryer, 2AC's, Fireplace, 4 slides, power awning, partial paint, mor-ryde pin box, mor-ryde suspension etc.

I looked at 100's of 5ers since I bought this SunnyBrook and I still like it. Mostly because it has very little carpet and the floor does look nice and goes with the wood work.

Our next 5er will probably be 'a real' full-time unit. DRV, Excel, Life Style level 5er. But we will want to have most of the carpet removed.
Old 10-21-2013, 06:43 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
You will find the Bristol Bay to be very well built. My wife and I love ours and wouldn't part with it for anything. It is a quality built unit I did a lot of research before buying mine. It had a four and a half star rating in
RV Comparison Guides.
Old 10-21-2013, 10:26 AM   #6

Thanks for the input Jack. I started a new thread and found out that the combo I am looking is probably near or over the GCVW rating of the truck.

So now I have to consider buying just the 5er and a different vehicle... or both vehicles and then selling the truck...

Not sure which direction I want to go at this point.
Old 10-21-2013, 02:30 PM   #7

Hi Jack ! I'm a long time member of this iRV2 forum, but absent for a long period, due to health problems. The last fifthwheel we bought is -as yours - also a Sunny Brook Bristol Bay 2011, model 3510RE. This is our third fifthwheel, and the longest (37') so far (! ...), with 4 slides-out. Unfortunately, we had to winterize it this weekend because, here in Eastern Canada, we have a "wonderful time period" called winter, that last for "almost" 6 months ! ...
Old 10-22-2013, 01:38 PM   #8

We just purchased a 2008 35 ft. Sunny Brook Mobile Scout from previous owners. They kept it in immaculate condition. Still has plastic on some of the windows! This is our first time taking it out and are really enjoying all the features and roominess that we outgrew in our 26 ft. bumper pull that we enjoyed for 17 years!! We're calling this our "retirement rig"!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3404182917.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	506.7 KB
ID:	48342
Old 10-22-2013, 01:48 PM   #9

Hi Carmen !
This is also exactly our planification for the future : our "retirement rig" ! ...
And the way it is constructed (compared to previous models we owned), I have no doubt it will last up till that dream time ! Enjoy !
JYBfiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 01:54 PM   #10

Has anyone ever had trouble with slide outs on SB Mobile Scout?
Old 10-22-2013, 04:42 PM   #11

We are taking our SB Bristol Bay in to a dealer to have the small kitchen slide adjusted. One side is off by 3/4" to 1" as if it jumped a gear tooth ot two.