Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-12-2002, 05:54 PM   #15

And as such, I most certainly wish Kev and anyone else who chooses to do business with Sunnybrook the best of luck with their purchase and a lifetime of happiness. That said, and for the record, while the dealer had a hand in my unfortunate situation, Sunnybrook was and is at the core of my problems. They have proven to be a company that draws a line as to where their integrity ends and greed begins, and the line is much to close to greed for me.

Also, if one were to do a search on the various forum's, one would find almost an identical percentage of unhappy Sunnybrook owners as any of the other much maligned brands, including Fleetwood (mine has seen five years of 50/60 nights per year and over 30,000 miles without a single problem of any kind). There is, however a remarkable difference in the nature of the problems. As opposed to most manufacturers, which have physical problems with their trailers and then need to fix them, Sunnybrook has far fewer problems with their trailers, but when they do, it is buyer beware. They are arrogant and unyeilding.

So, Kev, best of luck, and I sincerely hope your interactions with Sunnybrook are few and far between, and if not, that you are considerably more fortunate in dealing with them than I was.

WARNING!
Before doing business with:
SUNNYBROOK RV
TOM SCHAEFFER'S RV SUPERSTORE
THE ED TOBIN INSURANCE AGENCY
NATIONAL INTERSTATE INSURANCE
You should know my story.

MartyM,
97 Wilderness 31 GL
97 Chevy Suburban
Hensley Arrow

[This message was edited by MartyM on April 13, 2002 at 12:40 AM.]

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-16-2002, 06:04 PM   #16

Hey Kev, I checked my e-mail address it is correct, I don't know what happened. Anyway, Marty's opinion notwithstanding, good luck with the new Sunnybrook!

Part of the fun of owning a trailer is the customizing....while it's nice to have stuff "factory installed", it gives us a good chance to put our individual sigs on the rigs.

I'm still working on "first week in May" for delivery and my dealer hasn't given me a firm date yet. Just came back from the bon voyage with the old TT and it's going in the paper this weekend. Next trip is planned for the end of May, so they better come through with my trailer.... Wasn't it Tom Petty that said the waiting is the hardest part??

Seeya,

Don

'01 Suburban K2500LT 8.1 Big Block with 4.10
'till May: '00 Mallard 25A bunkhouse TT **See It Here**
After May: '02 Sunnybrook 3310SLE QuadBunk

Old 04-16-2002, 08:15 PM   #17

Hey Kev, I have a friend of mine that also bought a new rig from Domianos,its there 2nd one and I believe you when you say they will work hard for the close of the deal. I will go to them for our next one as well. I have a 99 Komfort and so far is doing everything its asked of it,but someday it will be replaced. Good luck with the Sunnybrook. My buddy said that they will not let you take it off their lot without a complete check out of the unit and during the week when their tech is there.

98 3/4 ton suburban 3:73 rear
Old 04-17-2002, 05:07 AM   #18

Kev, I'm about to take delivery of a Sunnybrook 3310SL and mine does have the DSI water heater. According to my dealer, they order all of their SLs that way and they get them. I don't remember all the options we got now - I know we got the fiberglass, a 21 foot awning, the kitchen counter extension, ladder and roof deck and an electric tongue jack, and the dealer is putting in the outside shower, access doors to the dinette storage and a cabinet door where the stereo would be in the bunkhouse if we'd ordered it. Like you, we weren't going for the SL to save on price or weight, it was just that Sunnybrook didn't have the quad bunk floorplan in the regular model. Overall, though, I was satisfied with the options I got. Can't wait to use it!! (And if it wasn't for Marty, I would never have known of Sunnybrook, so thanks Marty)
Old 04-17-2002, 10:27 AM   #19

I just did a search of RVCG, RVA, and a few other sites that have Owner's Reviews of their RV's. Funny I couldn't find any bad reviews of Sunnybrook. Just another very satisfied Sunnybrook owner here.
Traildust

99 Sunnybrook 27RBS. Prodigy Brake Control, Trace TM500 Battery Monitor. 2002 Ford F350, Lariat, Crew Cab, PSD, 6 Speed, 4x4. http://community.webshots.com/user/traildust4
2013 Arctic Fox 27-5L 5th. Wheel, 5th. Airborne Pin Box, B&W Companion Hitch, RVS Wired Rear View Camera, TriMetric Battery Monitor. Honda EU2000i. 2002 F350 Superduty, CC, LB, 6 Speed. 7.3 Diesel. US Navy Retired, E8. No More Football for Me.
Traildust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2002, 12:02 PM   #20

My what an intersting thread this has become~!

Marty, I know that dealers can make or break the fun in owning a rig, that is why I did not purchase my second rig from Mike Thompson's RV. Their main concern is with how many they sell, not how they treat you afterwards. If you want to be a "Statistic" go there, you'll fit in. I fave found my experince from Domianos and Sunnybrook to be a complete 180 from this .... so far (stay tuned). And I must agree with others when I say that I have yet, oh wait I found you, other than you have not found another unhappy Sunnybrook owner. The factory has been very helpful and freindly, I have spoken with them on more than 1 dozen occasions. I too, wish you the best of happiness and luck with Fleetwood- my experience was horrible, and I know by research, NOT uncommon.

Ifcamper- Unless your dealer has special arrangements, the DSI is not a standard feature that is even available at this time. Yes they will do it, but it generally takes some work on the part of the dealer to make it happen. They are a bit reluctant to add things not in the option list.

Subfan- Domiano's treats you the way you should be treated. Like a customer. Tell Dan I sent ya- he is the easiest to work with . (No there's nothing in for me )

Kev

1996 Dodge 2500 Diesel (the only way)* 2x4 4:10LS Rears * Banks Power Pack (tweaked) * DTT 91% VB & TC Tranny upgrades * Custom suspension springs and life * Taylor Oversize Stainless Wing * Jordan 2020 Controller * Drawtite 16k hitch * And more

Sunnybrook 2850SL ON ORDER!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-18-2002, 02:59 PM   #21

Freightliner Owners Club
We bought our SunnyBrook from Tom Schaeffer in the summer of 2000 and have no complaints with either the dealership or the product. Yes, we experienced a few minor new product problems but not serious enough to go back to the dealer to get taken care of. It was easier, quicker and more convenient for me to take a few minutes and do it myself. My trailer was delivered with owner and maintenance documentation from SunnyBrook and the component manufacturers to answer virtually any question. I wanted a trailer wiring diagram in addition to what was furnished and SunnyBrook provided it promptly with no questions or fees. Our dealer "new product" delivery orientation was so thorough it was almost boring. Lug nut torquing, a basic owner responsibility, is covered in the axle manufacturer literature.

'99 F250 PSD, 4x2, Auto, 3.73LS, Transfer Flow Tank
Sunny Brook 24FB
US Gear UBS
FleetMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2002, 05:18 PM   #22

Good thread, I too can only say good things about Sunnybrook. Maybe because I never have had to deal with the mfr, the few minor items that had to be fixed were handled by the dealer pronto. Hey burbman did you get your unit from Grand Am?
Old 04-19-2002, 12:44 PM   #23

Yes, dealing with Joe Patillio. Grand Am is the only Sunnybrook dealer on LI. Closest others are Tom Schaeffer RV in PA and Conklin RV in Binghamton. Spoke to Joe today and we lookin' good for the first week in May!

Are you going to the SCC outing at Cathedral Pines next month?

'01 Suburban K2500LT 8.1 Big Block with 4.10
'till May: '00 Mallard 25A bunkhouse TT **See It Here**
After May: '02 Sunnybrook 3310SLE QuadBunk
Old 04-19-2002, 01:37 PM   #24

Bought ours from Joe also. He is a nice guy. We'll be there next month. We sent in our reservations in Feb. We saw Joe last weekend at Smiths.
Old 06-05-2002, 12:05 PM   #25
max

Hi Kev,

I just spoke with Dan at Domiano RV and he said that he had only one SL on the lot and it was going home Tuesday. He mentioned that the owners "Kevin and his wife" had already come to see it and I suspect that is you! Anyway, we would love to see an SL (I think we want the 2406SL) so we will try to get to Domiano's to see the 2850, probably this weekend! 'Tis strange if it IS yours because the reason I specifically asked to speak with Dan was because of your recommendation here in the forum. Hope you are super happy with it if it is yours!!
Old 06-06-2002, 06:22 AM   #26

Max - How Funny!!! Yes- that would be me and that would be ours. Domiano's is showing the coach (with our permission) by appointment. Just give him a call and tell him I sent you down and it's Ok. I think you'll be equally impressed with the quality. It's hard to believe they call it a lite!!

Kev

1996 Dodge 2500 Diesel (the only way)* 2x4 4:10LS Rears * Banks Power Pack * Other Engine mods * DTT 91% VB & TC Tranny upgrades * Tons of guages * On board Air * Custom suspension springs and lift * Taylor Oversize Stainless Wing * Jordan 2020 Controller * Drawtite 16k hitch * And more

Sunnybrook 2850SLE and LOVING IT!
Old 06-06-2002, 11:08 AM   #27

Kevin, do you have a link to the floor plan or photos? The last time I went to the Sunnybook site I couldn't find that floorplan listed.

Tim
2001 Dodge Cummins Turbo Diesel
2500 QC/SB 4X4 Patriot Blue/Driftwood
Pulling 2000 Layton 26' Bunkhouse TT
Honda EU2000i generator

2005 Ford F350 Diesel
The Sequel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2002, 11:59 AM   #28

Tim- I am going to try to get some photos up for all to see . In the meantime I'll email you some. The floorplan is on the site, but the specs are not. Go HERE and click on virtual tour. you can see the 2850. There have been a few changes to the interior since this photo. The floorplan is in the "floorplan section of that page.

Kev

1996 Dodge 2500 Diesel (the only way)* 2x4 4:10LS Rears * Banks Power Pack * Other Engine mods * DTT 91% VB & TC Tranny upgrades * Tons of guages * On board Air * Custom suspension springs and lift * Taylor Oversize Stainless Wing * Jordan 2020 Controller * Drawtite 16k hitch * And more

Sunnybrook 2850SLE and LOVING IT!