Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-24-2016, 05:29 PM   #1

Swivelwheel 58DW

We are considering driving to Texas this October to have a Swivel wheel 58DW system The ultimate single wheel trailer system. added to our 5th wheel so we can haul a Rzr with us. Anyone have any experience using one of these? In Comparison to the Idaho tote and also the Toy Tote, it is quite a bit less expensive.
weightsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-24-2016, 08:08 PM   #2

Can't help you with the swivel weight. You probably know this but just in case you don't I can tell you that there are a number of states that have length restrictions and that rig looks like it would at least attract a measurement. I think the limit is 60 feet combined length in a lot of states. Hope this helps you.
stanleyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 07:14 AM   #3

I have one, but have note added the hitches to the RV yet. A friend of mine is going to do it for me when he gets some time.

Didn't notice you location, but check craigslist before making a long trip to Texas. I considered buying new,'but shipping would hurt! I found mine in Craigslist while locating a golf cart for a friend of mine. Bought the tricked out cart and the swivel wheel as a package deal (good deal). The guy had removed the wooden floor of the swivel wheel installed diamond plate. He also added railing to three sides. Came with a spare wheel / tire, all the tie downs, and a custom adapter to tow it with a truck (single hitch setup). He said that he wouldn't haul the golf cart on the adapter setup, but he made it to move the trailer around and to get it home when he bought it. I hauled the golf cart home in the bed of the truck, but did drive it up on the swivel wheel to see how it fit when I got home.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1466860299.113823.jpg
Views:	435
Size:	102.8 KB
ID:	131147

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1466860326.906283.jpg
Views:	682
Size:	109.9 KB
ID:	131148

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1466860349.633963.jpg
Views:	479
Size:	109.1 KB
ID:	131149
head gamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 09:18 AM   #4

Howdy!

We had a Idaho Tote we used for several year to carry a Yamaha Rhino and then a Smart Car. The IT serviced us well and it is a well built tote. You can buy the cheaper totes but I don't think they are in the same class as the Idaho Tote. Simple answer "You get what you pay for".

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon
chiefneon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 07:29 PM   #5

Decided on the Idaho Tote. Seems like the most sturdy and durable for the long haul! Thank you all for your input!
weightsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 06:07 PM   #6

Swivel wheel

I have the swivel wheel trailer 58dw and it is built very sturdy and pulls good behind our fifth wheel while carrying our golf cart.
Chandler 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 06:18 AM   #7

Greg at Idaho Tote will treat you well. I bought one six months ago. Awesome trailer. I also haul a Polaris RZR. BTW - an earlier post stated the max length in most states was 60ft. Incorrect. It is 65ft. My 5th wheel is 39ft and the Tote has a 6 ft platform and I am 62 ft. Good luck
gregk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 05:04 PM   #8

DW58 swivel Wheel

I posted this in the classifieds also. I purchased a Fifth Wheel that had a DW58 with it. I do not need it. It is in excellent condition. I have towed it and it works great. Anyone interested or know someone interested I would like to sell it for $1500. Located in Westlake, La.

Mark
mstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 09:21 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstan View Post
I posted this in the classifieds also. I purchased a Fifth Wheel that had a DW58 with it. I do not need it. It is in excellent condition. I have towed it and it works great. Anyone interested or know someone interested I would like to sell it for $1500. Located in Westlake, La.

Mark

That is a good deal for someone!
head gamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 01:37 PM   #10

Florida Cooters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregk View Post
..an earlier post stated the max length in most states was 60ft. Incorrect. It is 65ft. ...
Not really incorrect. It varies from state to state. Here's an easily found reference.