Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-19-2018, 09:29 AM   #1

Tankless water heater

Just returned from maiden trip in our 2011Wildcat 5th wheel 302RLS. I have a question about my tankless water heater. First, after de-winterizing and sanitizing the fresh water tank, i filled it back up. I then went out and flipped switch on outside inside water heater panel. Is there anything else i needed to do before getting hot water? I ask because when turned on hot water. The water heater started making a loud noise when it kicked on. Is it normal to be so loud? I immediately cut it off because wasn't sure i had done everything correctly.
jbranontn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-19-2018, 09:37 AM   #2

Mine is right beside the furnace. The both make about the same amount of noise and sound similar from the outside
Lawsoncb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 10:20 AM   #3

Are you sure it wasn't the water pump making the noise?
dcarver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 07:34 AM   #4

No...its hot water heater...twice as loud as the pump.
jbranontn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 07:41 AM   #5

What brand of tankless water heater do you have, I have had a Precision Temp in my MH now in my 5th wheel I have a Truma, when you said you filled the water heater I got confused because there is no filling on either of the units that I have owned it's a matter of hooking up the water and tuning the unit on the open the hot water faucet and after a couple minutes I have hot water, I will say that the Precision Temp was loud as far as hearing the burner but the Truma is very quiet when standing outside by the unit I do hear the cooling fan running but it's not that loud.
podschweit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 07:50 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by podschweit View Post
What brand of tankless water heater do you have, I have had a Precision Temp in my MH now in my 5th wheel I have a Truma, when you said you filled the water heater I got confused because there is no filling on either of the units that I have owned it's a matter of hooking up the water and tuning the unit on the open the hot water faucet and after a couple minutes I have hot water, I will say that the Precision Temp was loud as far as hearing the burner but the Truma is very quiet when standing outside by the unit I do hear the cooling fan running but it's not that loud.
I understood the OP to mean that they filled the FRESH WATER TANK not the WH tank that they do not have.

Fulltiming since September 1, 2010
WeBeFulltime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 04:58 PM   #7

Perhaps there is a bypass of some sort that keeps the water from entering the water heater while "winterized". If so, the water flow might need to be turned on.
Old 04-10-2018, 10:31 PM   #8

Mine sounds like a mini jet engine starting up when it comes on. Definitely louder than the gas/electric in the old TT but nice for real showers while we are on a long term spot.
the_owl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heat, heater, tank, water, water heater