Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-22-2015, 02:20 PM   #1

Television swing arm for new 5er

We just ordered a new Cedar Creek 34RL and will be picking this up in 6 to 8 weeks. At the dealer I asked about a swing arm bracket for the 46" statically mounted TV. As we would like to be able to move the TV for easier viewing from the Rear Living Room recliners/theater seating. The dealer stated that they would install the arm free of charge; if we where to purchase one since Forest River does not offer one for the Cedar Creek line.

I am looking for recommendations for a locking in place swing arm for a 46" Jensen LED TV.

I have found a "ATDEC TH-3060-UFH Telehook Full Motion Articulated Arm for 30-Inch to 60-Inch TV Wall Mount, Black" from Amazon. com but it is out of stock. Any other recommendations for a swing mount for a TV?

Jim W.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-22-2015, 06:13 PM   #2

Amazon has 10's of pages of TV mounts. MorRyde also has a store presence on Amazon, they have a good selection of TV mounts too. You might have a tough time finding one that suits you and has a locking feature for traveling.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 11:16 PM   #3

Our LCD Jensen TV was junk and we gave it away to a couple that really needed it. Replaced it with a newer LED model. The weight difference and vueing comfort is fantastic at any location or angle. Jensen LCD turned dark if vued from an angle.
We installed the LED TV on an articulated double swing arm bought at Home depot. The unit already had straps installed that we use to hold the TV in place. The arm is good for 35lbs and TV barely weight 8lbs. And consumes only 25watts. LCD TVs should not be sold with new units. Refuse it and get a credit for a good department store LED unit. Anything is better then Jensen product.
Old 02-23-2015, 12:11 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
A locking mount for a 46" TV may be hard to find due to the weight and mount system. These TV's do not use the VESA 100 or 200mm plate like used on smaller TV's.

We could not find one for our upgraded big screen TV, so we used a standard home mount and securing strap for traveling.

Don't mean to rain on the parade, just reporting what we found...but offerings could have changed

Best luck
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 02:39 PM   #5

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Overland Owners Club
Or you can see the MORryde products at your friendly iRV2 sponsor...
Owners of: www.tvformyrv.com
TVforMyRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 08:50 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVforMyRV View Post
Or you can see the MORryde products at your friendly iRV2 sponsor...
I have looked at the MORryde system; but I do not know if this will support/mate-up to the 46" Jensen LED TV or what ever other brand they use. I would think that I need a VESA system that will except anywhere from 200mm X 200mm to 400mm X 400mm mounting pattern and be able to support a mass of 20kg approximately.

Most of the MORryde TV mounting brackets that lock seem to be for smaller TV such as 19" through 40". Am I wrong in this assumption? If so I would buy one this week.

Jim W.
Old 02-24-2015, 09:06 AM   #7

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Overland Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimcumminsw View Post
I have looked at the MORryde system; but I do not know if this will support/mate-up to the 46" Jensen LED TV or what ever other brand they use. I would think that I need a VESA system that will except anywhere from 200mm X 200mm to 400mm X 400mm mounting pattern and be able to support a mass of 20kg approximately.

Most of the MORryde TV mounting brackets that lock seem to be for smaller TV such as 19" through 40". Am I wrong in this assumption? If so I would buy one this week.

Jim W.
According to the Jensen website, the 46" LED TV is 30 lbs. and uses the 200 x 200 VESA pattern.

The MORryde TV1-006 is rated at 50 lbs. and accommodates the 200 x 200 pattern. If you choose another brand I'd bet that the weight will be less, (lack of metal sub-frame) and there is the TV1-008 adapter plate to go up to 400 x 400 if you need it.
Owners of: www.tvformyrv.com
TVforMyRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 08:13 AM   #8

tv mount

I recently purchased a Crimson brand after calling them and getting a recommendation for my rv use. I purchased a model AU42, a locking swing arm for up to 42 in and 80 lb TV. It is good quality and locks back in place for transport. It needs good strong mounting wall etc Www.crimsonav.com is in Illinois, USA. I ordered from internet, don't remember the company, but was $99.
jbailey2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 09:13 AM   #9

I purchased the MORryde TV1-006 From TVforMYRV. When I ordered this from them I received three updates and the product was here in two day from date of order. This was in my very very humble opinion one of the best CUSTOMER SERVICE experiences I have ever experience.

I would and will order from them again if I need anything for my TV needs.

Jim W.
Old 03-01-2015, 01:41 PM   #10

I hate to see television wall brackets cost almost as much as the televisions themselves.

I've got to buy a couple of swing out brackets for two of my three televisions in my new fifth wheel.

See the following website that has the most incredible selection and prices on tv brackets anywhere:

Monoprice.com
Bamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 01:10 AM   #11

I have a swing arm but I'm not too happy with it. I recommend finding one that you can lock for traveling. My tv sits behind my slide and I almost busted it the first time after installation. Was opening my slide and it stopped part way. come to find the tv slid forward at an angle and caught the slide and fixed wall. Samsung makes a good tv is all I can say, haha
JethroHeller is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
television