Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-05-2015, 08:15 AM   #15

I use a temperature alarm connected to a cellular terminal, both from diycontrols.com. The temp alarm can be set to go off at any user selected high or low temp. Mine is set to activate at 86 degrees. It can also be set to go off if power fails, so I have mine set to activate if power goes out for more than 5 minutes. The temp alarm is connected to a cellular terminal (think cell phone in a box). It's programmed to call both mine and my DW's cell phones. If the temp exceeds the preset max or if the power fails we get an automated call that tells us to "check our monitored location". as long as we're in a campground with a decent cell signal it gives me a measure of comfort about leaving the mutts in the bus.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-08-2015, 06:58 AM   #16

On the connect sense it says compatible with
Compatible with:
  • iPhone 4s
  • iPhone 5
  • iPhone 5s
  • iPhone 6
  • iPhone 6+
  • iPod touch 5th gen
  • iPad 3rd gen
  • iPad 4th gen
  • iPad 2
  • iPad Air
  • iPad Air 2
  • ipad mini
  • iPad mini 2
  • iPad mini 3

Justwinginit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 08:53 AM   #17

Nor'easters Club
Any device, anywhere

ConnectSense sensors store all their data in the cloud, so itís accessible from any device anywhere in the world. Our easy-to-use ConnectSense.com application works on your PC, Mac, tablet, mobile phone, or any other device with a web browser. Best of all, thereís no monthly fee so itís free to use!
2015 Ram 3500 Dually Aisin 4:10 Air ride
2015 40RE Augusta Luxe
martins192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 05:52 AM   #18

Sounds good. I have a laptop I take with me for now. Once we go full time I will have my desk all in one. Do you download their software? Otherwise I can't put it on my table which the battery works for 11 hours, way longer than my laptop. But I guess I don't need to worry about the power on the battery because it would call when we lost electric also?
Old 06-09-2015, 06:59 AM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Take a look at this system, low cost, DIY, has battery backup and uses cell phone. No contract, only pay for the month(s) you are using it. Can be used in your home also.

Home Security Systems from SimpliSafe
OLD1SGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 07:44 AM   #20

Nor'easters Club
I looked at their system, talked to their tech support, and found out that it only updates once every hour. I was afraid that much time would leave my dogs in distress before I could take action or get to them. The alarm system however looks like a viable system for rvrs.
2015 40RE Augusta Luxe
Old 06-09-2015, 07:58 AM   #21

Nor'easters Club
Justwinginit, I plugged the connectsense box into my Dell laptop to do setup, I can now go to the connectsense website via any phone or computer with a browser to see the current temps, or change settings. The box is a stand alone unit that transmits to a router with internet access (such as a mifi or wifiranger type device) that remains on line. Hope that explains it a little better. Call their tech guys if you have any more specific questions, I did. So far (2 months) its worked great for me. Good luck in your search.
2015 40RE Augusta Luxe
Old 06-17-2015, 08:30 AM   #22

Thanks for the info. Took me quite some time to get this hooked up. I had to download google chrome to get it to work. But have it working now. Can't wait until the next camping trip. This weekend it's garage sale day. House is on the market. But sure have a lot to get rid of to go full time. This is alot of work LOL But plan on going camping the following weekend. I'll feel much better with this hooked up. I won't come home to panting dogs again. I hated that. I just kept thinking what if we hadn't come home when we did. GRRRR Plus hubby is installing a generator and it will have a auto on when the electric goes off. So I'll have a backup electric plus know if it went on by the connectsense. *S*
Old 06-18-2015, 06:57 AM   #23

Nor'easters Club
Hope it works as well for you as it has for me. Good luck!!
2015 40RE Augusta Luxe
Old 09-03-2015, 02:28 PM   #24

Animalarm seems easiest

After reading the excellent info here in this thread, we are going with the animalarm setup, mainly due to the high reviews and the fact it seems easiest to setup and maintain.

Many of the reviewers said the same thing, just go to your phone store, mine is at and t...then get a simcard from them and have it added to your existing plan.

We as well as many of you, have dogs who travel with us, and I think the 170 bucks is a no brainer to protect our furry friends.

Cheers!