Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-23-2013, 11:41 AM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thanks CoachNet

Yesterday (Sunday) afternoon while traveling west on I-80 with 5er in tow, I heard a pop and my truck lost power. Fortunately I was 1/2 mole from a rest area so i limped in there and parked. The plastic adapter used to connect the hose to the turbo blew apart. If it wasn't a Sunday and if I had access to the part, I probably could have replaced it myself. But I was concerned if something got sucked into the turbo.

I called CoachNet and they sent 2 rigs. One flatbed to tow my truck and a 5th wheel truck to pull my trailer. Both rigs get there within an hour of my 1st call to CoachNet. The towing company towed both to a campground about 25 miles & worked with me to get the trailer leveled. Cost to me? Nothing, $ 0, nada. This morning I called my Ford ERS (still under warranty) and they towed me to a Ford dealer for repairs.

Two thumbs up to CoachNet.

2017 Solitude by Grand Design
2012 Ford F-450 Lariat
K-Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-23-2013, 12:02 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I keep hearing these compliments about Coach Net, it's great to know there's someone you can count on when you really need it.

Old 09-23-2013, 12:14 PM   #3

Thanks for the post.
I thought that CoachNet was only for Class A Coaches or i guess anyone can join?
Sounds like a good company for Road side assistance Insurance.
Scott
Old 09-23-2013, 01:39 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
the reason I went with CoachNet is that they do not leave your trailer parked on the side of the road. Some ERS companies will unhook the trailer, leave it there and only tow the tow vehicle.

They cover any type RV.

2017 Solitude by Grand Design
2012 Ford F-450 Lariat
K-Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 01:50 PM   #5

I blew a tire on sat. and they had me going in a 1 1/2 hours. This is the second time in 1 year that they were very prompt.
Old 09-23-2013, 02:02 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks for the positive report on Coachnet. Have 'em, never had to use them, hope we never have to. However, good to know they do it right.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 03:07 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Star View Post
the reason I went with CoachNet is that they do not leave your trailer parked on the side of the road. Some ERS companies will unhook the trailer, leave it there and only tow the tow vehicle.

They cover any type RV.
Thank you John for the infromation,
Scott
Old 09-24-2013, 09:29 AM   #8

Here is one for Good Sam towing--about 3 weeks ago, was on way to Glendale, UT, campground from DFW area. Climbing from 4000 up to 8000 near Jacob Lake, AZ, my trans gave it up--nursed it to where we could get into a pullout. This was at 5PM on Sunday night. No cell service. Friends took us to Jacob Lake Inn (5 miles away) and I called GS. 90 minutes from first calling, the tow service showed up--2 trucks for my 450 and the trailer. They towed us to their yard in Kanab where we spent the night comfortably in our own trailer. Next morning, they towed the trailer to Glendale and set it up. Then back to Kanab and towed my truck to St George, UT, to Ford dealer.
It did cost us $75 to get the trailer on to Glendale, as GS would only tow to nearest RV park. No other cost. From breakdown to settled in trailer for night was 4 hours.
If you are ever in need of a tow in SW Utah, Ramsay Towing Service in Kanab is the way to go.
My 450 has 153000 miles on it--I had a problem early this summer that I ignored since it seemed to clear itself up. But now, I realize I maybe could have avoided the breakdown if I had taken the trans in for a checkup. At any rate, from the time of breakdown, to ready-to-go, was 41 hours--possibly a world record for getting towed and a new trans when in the middle of nowhere? Ken Garff Ford in St George jumped right on it. The whole incident did not really delay our trip, only the extra expense of the transmission.
Joe

'09 F450--died, replaced with '10--retired
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote