Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-25-2013, 05:32 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJSureshot View Post
What sucks is I pay all bills on time.. There should be a different type of system that plays into rent, phone, electricity and counting them towards credit even without a credit card.

Anyhow just sucks that someone who has gone bankrupt, destroyed their lives in debt, and doesn't pay anything on time has a better chance of getting financed than I do :/
Sorry friend. You made a very obvious, conscious decision to not participate in the financial system.

So now you want to switch horses in mid stream. Your urgency and misplaced pride will cost you something.

Every good wish for success. Whining won't help you, neither will disparaging others. Look to yourself for the cause and solution to this hurdle.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-25-2013, 05:49 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickBrennan View Post

Sorry friend. You made a very obvious, conscious decision to not participate in the financial system.

So now you want to switch horses in mid stream. Your urgency and misplaced pride will cost you something.

Every good wish for success. Whining won't help you, neither will disparaging others. Look to yourself for the cause and solution to this hurdle.
Ha talking about a different type of system isn't whining :P ill deal with what comes my way and if that means I have to pull the money together or even start drastically smaller I'm okay with that.

But it's funny how our system requires us to go into debt to build credit.

Old 05-25-2013, 05:49 PM   #31

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickBrennan

Mick X 2 but you forgot to add "Grasshopper".

As I pm'd the OP - the forum and the industry need fresh, young blood.

The road to RV lifestyle is a worthy one that really can't be rushed. Credit building included.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 05:57 PM   #32

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Arg!

I put in an application for a 5th wheel toy hauler the other day and just found out I was declined financing.

It's a huge pain because I make good money online and have never been late on any payments in my life, so far.

What really sucks is I don't have a credit card because I buy almost everything with a debit card or cash because I don't like taking huge risks that could put me in debt...

Now what to do :/

I'm surprised given your assertion of being "risk averse" that you don't understand the potential lender's viewpoint. When you borrow money, the lender is the one taking all the risk. That's why you're running into problems.

That having been said:

Is the "good money you make online" consistent, reliable income and verifiable to a potential Lender via income tax returns for the last few years?
Old 05-25-2013, 06:08 PM   #33

Thor Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Making 100 grand don't matter if you have no credit, Im 29 and since 19 I have bought everything on a credit card and paid it off every month, bought every big cash item in cash, and have a strong enough credit rating to buy anything I could want in cash. The point being in only a few years you can have strong enough credit just by having credit cards and keeping a good payment history.

I would say it only took me 2ish years to have a high credit score

Another thing bad credit is sometimes better than no credit
Old 05-25-2013, 06:15 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca View Post

I'm surprised given your assertion of being "risk averse" that you don't understand the potential lender's viewpoint. When you borrow money, the lender is the one taking all the risk. That's why you're running into problems.

That having been said:

Is the "good money you make online" consistent, reliable income and verifiable to a potential Lender via income tax returns for the last few years?
Ah yes and I do understand it, just feel other bills should be included in a credit score. 6 years of never missing any bills should count for something.

And as per my income, it's reliable and growing but oddly even showing that along with 3 years of tax forms isn't enough for most.

I have however found someone whom I think understands my situation and is considering.

Thanks for the feedback
Old 05-25-2013, 06:18 PM   #35

Quote:
But it's funny how our system requires us to go into debt to build credit.
There it is! I'll bet you knew it all along.
Old 05-25-2013, 06:19 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by F239141 View Post
Making 100 grand don't matter if you have no credit, Im 29 and since 19 I have bought everything on a credit card and paid it off every month, bought every big cash item in cash, and have a strong enough credit rating to buy anything I could want in cash. The point being in only a few years you can have strong enough credit just by having credit cards and keeping a good payment history.

I would say it only took me 2ish years to have a high credit score

Another thing bad credit is sometimes better than no credit
Ha right!? It's so weird. On one hand I want to understand it but in the other I've had bills since I was 14 years old and yet paid everything off, yet my sister is late on every car payment, rent every few months, and has her phone cancelled 4 times a year and she can go out and pretty much get approved for anything lol.
Old 05-25-2013, 06:30 PM   #37

Thor Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Ha right!? It's so weird. On one hand I want to understand it but in the other I've had bills since I was 14 years old and yet paid everything off, yet my sister is late on every car payment, rent every few months, and has her phone cancelled 4 times a year and she can go out and pretty much get approved for anything lol.

Im telling you, if you can do it, get a CC, capital one is pretty good with no credit people try this also

https://www.creditkarma.com/shop/creditcards/

Even if you only get a $500 limit, spend no more than $100 on it a month and pay it right off, within 6 months they will want to bump up your limit cool spend up to 30% of the available and pay it off

keep that up get a extra card or two in your back pocket that you use about 2-3 times a year (buy gas or a burger) and pay it off. This will help you worlds to have good strong credit

If all else fails get a Wal Mart store CC and use the same principal with it to start to build up to a visa/master etc
Old 05-25-2013, 06:45 PM   #38

What do you think about a best buy CC?

And great advice thanks!
Old 05-25-2013, 06:57 PM   #39

Maybe a local at Gateway Bank or Currituck Bank or Townebank in Moyock can give you a leg up?

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 06:59 PM   #40

Thor Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
What do you think about a best buy CC?

And great advice thanks!

Just as well as a wal mart, just remember the 30% of available credit and the pay it off rule!!

Maybe try a Credit Union too
Old 05-25-2013, 07:06 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Maybe a local at Gateway Bank or Currituck Bank or Townebank in Moyock can give you a leg up?
You mean to take out a loan?
Old 05-25-2013, 07:13 PM   #42

Seems your isn't good for them to grant you credit

Why ask us? Check YOUR check and a bank

Quote:
Arg!

I put in an application for a 5th wheel toy hauler the other day and just found out I was declined financing.

It's a huge pain because I make good money online and have never been late on any payments in my life, so far.

What really sucks is I don't have a credit card because I buy almost everything with a debit card or cash because I don't like taking huge risks that could put me in debt...

Now what to do :/