Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-08-2016, 10:00 AM   #15

Bob,

ORV is not a Northwood product per se.. it is a separately run company..

You have to decide what is important to you and go with it..

cheers..

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-08-2016, 10:10 AM   #16

Bob, sounds like you need a DVR Mobile Suites 34 RESA

Old 05-08-2016, 11:51 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by grassy View Post
Bob,

ORV is not a Northwood product per se.. it is a separately run company..

You have to decide what is important to you and go with it..

cheers..
I know they are separate companies, but the products are similar. I actually like the way the ORV's were built better up to the point you go into the bathroom and bedroom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cumminsfan View Post
Bob, sounds like you need a DVR Mobile Suites 34 RESA
Looks a little to big and heavy for my taste and probably over my budget.
Old 05-15-2016, 02:35 PM   #18

We have 2015 Arctic Fox 27-5L. Most pleased with it. To quote our friend who has an older one "It's a tank". Big difference from our previous "ultra light". Love the floorplan. Lots of room. We just replaced the rather large and heavy recliner chair with a Eurochair from Camping World and that was a good move.
Old 03-08-2017, 05:01 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob1340 View Post
I know they are separate companies, but the products are similar. I actually like the way the ORV's were built better up to the point you go into the bathroom and bedroom.

Looks a little to big and heavy for my taste and probably over my budget.
I'm curious to know what may be the differences in construction between AF and ORV.
Old 03-08-2017, 05:18 AM   #20

They will not discuss other brands but if you are into Northwood..you should go on their owners association web site as ask what makes them a quality and long lasting rig.
Old 03-08-2017, 03:05 PM   #21

I see a lot of comments re. the AF 27-5 and some on the 29 but nothing on the Arctic Fox 28-5C the 27-5 new is around $10,000 ( CDN ) more than comparable size, Reflections, Open Range 318rls, Eagle 28-5 and even the Rockwood 8289ws. We like the dining table at the back where everyone else puts the trifold couch or theatre seats. This seems to be unique to AF ? Is the 28-5 still available does anyone know.? I phoned a dealer and was told it is not but it is still on their website confusing. If we can get over the sticker shock this may be the one for us. We are looking to full time in the RV and I know Arctic Fox are well built and as mentioned they do their own frames. I don't hear / see too many negative comment unlike some of the other brands I mentioned . Don
Old 03-08-2017, 03:26 PM   #22

The 28-5C won't be out until June. It's a brand new 5th wheel.
The 27-5L is 8'6"wide. 6" more than those others except the Open Range. The frame and all else is built heavier. You don't get to have,
82 gal fresh tank
102 grey tank
62 black tank
4 20 lb propane tanks
3750 lb for cargo
with being built with lighter weight materials and expect it to last.
All the ones you mention are lighter weight 5th wheels geared towards the weekender.
Old 03-08-2017, 05:04 PM   #23

Thanks Cumminsfan, I thought I would go to the source and went onto the Arctic Fox forum and lo and behold someone posted a link to a dealer in Boise who had one in stock . I am asking the closest AF Dealer to do me a quote and as you suggested the ones we are looking at maybe not suited for full timing. I really like the floor plan of the new 28-5 but as mentioned the sticker price may be a shocker lol keep on dieseling !
Old 03-08-2017, 09:22 PM   #24

Balticblue, ee are new AF owners. We bought ours because of my perception of qualtiy and the solid feeling of the coach. We are coming from a DRV, so my expectations were pretty high. We had issues with our DRV, but they are a heavy well built coach.

I have enough faith in ours that the first outing in ours is going to be a 4000 mile trip to the Midwest.

Our plan is to "most time" in ours. The idea is to spend less than 6 weeks a year in our house.
rampowerwago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 12:36 PM   #25

2015 27-5l

We love our Arctic Fox 27-5L Silver Fox Edition. Very well made. We are full-timers now. We have had several campers before and none compare. You get what you pay for. Heavy and pricey, but worth it. We pull with 2012 Ford F-250 Super Duty diesel truck. We got the booth dinette (no extra charge) instead of chairs and table. Lots of extra storage space under there.
Old 03-12-2017, 04:02 PM   #26

We ended up with a 2016 355z.

Put 4k miles on it our first trip.
Love it, no complaints.
Old 03-12-2017, 05:06 PM   #27

Nice rig..hope you have something big to haul it with..enjoy..it will last for a very long time..
Old 03-13-2017, 02:24 PM   #28

Thanks all you AF lovers lol I think the wife and I need to put this one definitely on the list. As mentioned we like the 28-5 floor plan perhaps for it's uniqueness but also for the practically. She wants a fireplace and the 27-5 doesn't come with one. She isn't sure about the rear kitchen anyways we are doing our due diligence. We are looking to full time and perhaps as everyone knows you get what you pay for especially in RV'S so perhaps we spend more up front and get a better quality built 5th .