Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-29-2016, 06:50 PM   #29

We've bought our GD new this spring. So far, we've had no issues of any kind. Fit and finish have been excellent. Not our first RV, but our first new RV.

I think some of the early GD's had issues like shrod was describing, but they have made changes throughout the model years to eliminate previous issues. They do seem to be able to adapt their designs to improve quality. I don't hear very many complaints about new model year units on the GD owner's forums:

Grand Design Owner's Forum

If there's a wide spread issue regarding the GD product line, TRUST ME, it will show up on the owner's forum.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-30-2016, 05:51 AM   #30

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowpokeSlim View Post
We've bought our GD new this spring. So far, we've had no issues of any kind. Fit and finish have been excellent. Not our first RV, but our first new RV.

I think some of the early GD's had issues like shrod was describing, but they have made changes throughout the model years to eliminate previous issues. They do seem to be able to adapt their designs to improve quality. I don't hear very many complaints about new model year units on the GD owner's forums:

If there's a wide spread issue regarding the GD product line, TRUST ME, it will show up on the owner's forum.
Funny! Is that why the day before yesterday the lady new owner of her brand new 2016 Solitude was hysterical on the Grand Design owner's page on Facebook that had her black tank drop out of her trailer completely. She was camping yet had not moved her trailer in almost 4 months! These continue to be ongoing issues that Grand Design is not correcting in production.

Old 08-30-2016, 09:09 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowpokeSlim View Post

I 100% guarantee that if you spend a few weeks reading on the Grand Design Owners Forum that you'll see that they have the same issues as the rest of the other brands. All they do is tout better customer service. Which can also be had at SOB's as well.
GD understands that the way the RV industry is structured that it's nearly impossible to build a trouble free trailer. And the only way to set themselves apart is to tout better customer service.
It's a shame that GD didn't take a higher ground approach and try and build a better trailer instead of just saying, " Hey we're going to build it like the rest, but we'll treat you better when you have problems".

GD is just like the rest out there. They build some really good trailers and then a few bad ones.
Old 08-30-2016, 03:03 PM   #32

Evergreen Owners Club
Just read yesterday on the Grand Design owner page on Facebook. Lady very very distraught. They have had their trailer for 6 months, bought new this year 2016 model Solitude. Have driven it only 700 miles to where it presently has sat for 4 months. The black tank just fell out onto the ground. And yet there are people on here touting that they have improved their quality? A black tank should never, ever just drop out of the bottom of the trailer. No tank should ever for that matter, fresh, grey, or black. Never going to get any of my money.
Old 08-30-2016, 08:41 PM   #33

Good for you.
Old 09-07-2016, 01:53 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by schrod View Post
Just read yesterday on the Grand Design owner page on Facebook. Lady very very distraught. They have had their trailer for 6 months, bought new this year 2016 model Solitude. Have driven it only 700 miles to where it presently has sat for 4 months. The black tank just fell out onto the ground. And yet there are people on here touting that they have improved their quality? A black tank should never, ever just drop out of the bottom of the trailer. No tank should ever for that matter, fresh, grey, or black. Never going to get any of my money.
Who has the trailer? Grand Design or a dealer?
Old 09-08-2016, 06:58 AM   #35

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zac808 View Post
Who has the trailer? Grand Design or a dealer?
The last she had posted they have been set up for four months and supposedly Grand Design was asking her to have a mobile tech come and repair it and then would reimburse her for the cost. Haven't seen anything more posted. She had stated would keep the forum informed.
Old 09-11-2016, 10:22 AM   #36

we purchased our GD Solitude 369RL in June of 2013 any and all problems that we have had with it were not related to the quality of workmanship on their part but it was the components they used (fireplace, axels, microwave, T.V., fan) haven't had any issues in over 2 years not sure of my miles but it's well over 10,000 I would buy there product again
Old 09-16-2016, 10:30 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cumminsfan View Post
I 100% guarantee that if you spend a few weeks reading on the Grand Design Owners Forum that you'll see that they have the same issues as the rest of the other brands. All they do is tout better customer service. Which can also be had at SOB's as well.
GD understands that the way the RV industry is structured that it's nearly impossible to build a trouble free trailer. And the only way to set themselves apart is to tout better customer service.
It's a shame that GD didn't take a higher ground approach and try and build a better trailer instead of just saying, " Hey we're going to build it like the rest, but we'll treat you better when you have problems".

GD is just like the rest out there. They build some really good trailers and then a few bad ones.
Yes, any rv is going to have problems...they all do...however GD seems to not have as many....and yes their customer service is fantastic...wish all the dealers service depts were the same caliber...the quality for the money is far above the others in the same price range. Yes, I do have a 2017 GD Reflection 5th wheel..367BH and am,extremely happy with it. Have a few minor things that need to be fixed or adjusted but I am confident it will get done. Had a Keystone product before and what terrible customer service!

Tags
5th wheel