Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-25-2013, 11:44 AM   #43

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
All good news so far. Maybe add "NOT" to the thread title. good job!

flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-25-2013, 02:17 PM   #44
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
That sounds like good news but I just can not help but wonder the unit was designed for a 1/2" roof but a tech thinks it should be 1/4" because that's what he has seen! I'm glad I did not have to make that decision.

See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 03:22 PM   #45

If you were to sell how much would you ask? Just wondering.
Old 05-25-2013, 05:52 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRR View Post
That sounds like good news but I just can not help but wonder the unit was designed for a 1/2" roof but a tech thinks it should be 1/4" because that's what he has seen! I'm glad I did not have to make that decision.
All the RVs they work on have 1/4 inch so they ordered from experience.

Assumptions are the mother of all evils at times like this.

No harm done.
Old 05-25-2013, 09:23 PM   #47

Mold needs moisture to exists and will spread quickly if moisture persists. It will die off just as quickly if you dry things out and the black streaks, etc. will clean up with common cleaners.
Fix the leaks and move to Arizona or central Texas, not mold "friendly" climates. Can't move, dehumidify and air condition the rig.
The human race got introduced to mold when we started walking erect and moved into caves, it's a natural thing. But with the overabundance of lawyers they can always find few people who are sensitive to it, these folks are probably sensitive to air and breathing too. And once the insurance companies insure something (like mold) they are done for it, they lawyers will create the mold hysteria out of thin air.

hjs
Old 06-01-2013, 01:17 PM   #48

Sure is nice to hear something working out for somebody instead of the usual doom and gloom stories in the news.
Old 06-01-2013, 08:10 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjsdds View Post
Mold needs moisture to exists and will spread quickly if moisture persists. It will die off just as quickly if you dry things out and the black streaks, etc. will clean up with common cleaners.
Fix the leaks and move to Arizona or central Texas, not mold "friendly" climates. Can't move, dehumidify and air condition the rig.
The human race got introduced to mold when we started walking erect and moved into caves, it's a natural thing. But with the overabundance of lawyers they can always find few people who are sensitive to it, these folks are probably sensitive to air and breathing too. And once the insurance companies insure something (like mold) they are done for it, they lawyers will create the mold hysteria out of thin air.

hjs
We have used dehumidiers for years. They are very help. We have seen them collect hardly any moisture in this coach. We will be turning rhem back on as soon as we get the coach back.
Old 06-01-2013, 08:15 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorloser View Post
Sure is nice to hear something working out for somebody instead of the usual doom and gloom stories in the news.
Saw the new roof yesterday. Looks great, satellite dish and refer vent removed.

They are working on slide windows which were plugged and causing some of the leaks. Then they will fish with new slide roof seals.

Should be home tuesday.

$8,000 so far. That should be final bill.

Coach usefull life clock almost starts over for me.
Old 06-02-2013, 06:08 PM   #51

Very glad to hear that it worked out for you. It has to be a big relief.
Old 06-24-2013, 11:09 PM   #52

Sounds wonderful. I won a 39foot 1989 fifth wheel 2 yrs ago. Drive 5 states away to pic it up. Needed a little work. The roots were good. We revamped that camper. New carpet, vinyl,paint lights. New curtains, furniture kitchen backsplash. Tires rims battery. We put around $1500 in it, pd $2500 for it & it is worth $10000 now. So congratulations. Enjoy enjoy. Best part: it's 100% paid for.
Old 12-08-2013, 01:26 PM   #53

Everything has worked out fine

Hi,

I thought I would post back now that several months have passed and we are well into winter and have had a lot of rain in our next of the woods. We live in the foothills near Seattle and it really comes down around here.

The roof was finally finished several months back and it has been great to have a brand new roof. Poulsbo RV did the work and in the end they did come through fine. If you are going to do business with them at this scale ($10k for the roof) then feel free to send me an email and I will give you a fair and honest assessment of the process. All-in-all I am giving them good points for sticking with a really difficult situation that just turned ugly. They kept their heads and stuck it out even to the point of sending their top tech out to my site several times which is no small drive for them. If I had it to do over I would have gone to Roy Robinson RV up in Marysville, Wa which had done a lot of work on a prior motorhome we used as full-timers. Ken up their is just the best. I was referred to Poulsbo RV by my Mobile Master RV Tech and it just did not work out the way it should, but it did end up fine.

Would I do it again?
Yes, the roof has been redone, end to end. some of the structural wood has been replace and the vinyl has all been redone.
We have a coach now with an extra strong roof that is said will carry two of me....and I'm a big guy.

One thing I did have them do it reduce the amount of equipment on the roof.
I took out the satellite dish that was OEM....we don't use it.
I removed the large vent above the fridge....we replaced our Norcrap with a residential fridge....and love it.
Old 12-08-2013, 01:41 PM   #54
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thanks for the update. I was wondering what happened. Glad all is well.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 01:52 PM   #55
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
It seems overall your happy with it and that's what counts in the end.

See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote