Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-07-2008, 08:59 AM   #1

Hello everyone. I am new to this forum and I would like to ask a few questions. I have recently, as of two weeks ago, purchased a 2008 Timberloge 32RLSLE. I am curious to know if there are any Timberlodge owners here. I tried researching before the purchase and found very little negative about the trailer. I went over it with a fine tooth comb, so to speak, and found little to complain about. After the first trip out, however, I had a list of complaints. We noticed a small crack in one of the rear windows, the fridge does not work on electric, the shower leaks, the slide needs to be adjusted so that it will seal, etc. I am wondering if anyone else has had issues with adventure manufacturing's products, namely Timberloge. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2008 Timberlodge 32RLSLE
L. Rome is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-07-2008, 08:59 AM   #2

Hello everyone. I am new to this forum and I would like to ask a few questions. I have recently, as of two weeks ago, purchased a 2008 Timberloge 32RLSLE. I am curious to know if there are any Timberlodge owners here. I tried researching before the purchase and found very little negative about the trailer. I went over it with a fine tooth comb, so to speak, and found little to complain about. After the first trip out, however, I had a list of complaints. We noticed a small crack in one of the rear windows, the fridge does not work on electric, the shower leaks, the slide needs to be adjusted so that it will seal, etc. I am wondering if anyone else has had issues with adventure manufacturing's products, namely Timberloge. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2008 Timberlodge 32RLSLE
Old 04-07-2008, 12:32 PM   #3

1st things first... WELCOME...

Reading the problems you've encounter are a bit much for a new unit... however... some are to be expected.... This is when you find out the quality of your dealer... most if not everything you addressed should be taken care of, with out question. My I am not overly familiar with the Timberlodge name, but that in no way means ... anything.. ... I think you will find the "Smarts" of this crowd is more than well versed in assisting, as time goes on.

http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/traffic/passes/white/ not far from home...
Frankenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 02:28 PM   #4

Thanks for your quick response Frankenstien. I guess we will find out how good of a dealer I have. I dropped it off at the dealer on Friday and they told me that I would have it back in a week. This was my first new RV purchase. All previous units were used. I have always heard that new units can have some problems but I never dreamed this many.

2008 Timberlodge 32RLSLE
Old 04-15-2008, 04:46 PM   #5

Just wanted to post an update. Most everything was fixed by the dealer, in less than a week might I add. I still have to bring it back for a very small crack in the rear window. The dealer had to order a replacement and it was not going to be in for nearly 3 weeks. I also have to have them look at the adjustments on the slide because I think they over adjusted but I am very happy with my new trailer now.

2008 Timberlodge 32RLSLE
Old 04-20-2008, 06:19 PM   #6

We have an 01 28FBS and am happy with the coach in general. We purchased it new in 01 and had few issues with the unit.

The problems you describe should have been caught by the dealership during the prep phase.

Adventure Manufacturing is a relatively new company that builds 'The Camper's Camper'. They are pretty basic, but get the job done.

Good luck and happy campin'
DNR
Old 04-20-2008, 07:58 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
L Rome...
I am relieved to hear that almost everything was fixed by the dealer for you. I would like to share with you that no matter how much you spend for a new RV unit...and no matter what the brand..you will always find some warranty stuff to be taken care of. The important thing is that the dealership AND manufacturer will be there to stand behind it!
I would also like to send a belated welcome to iRV2! You will find everyone here to be very friendly and willing to help when they can!
Please feel free to ask questions or respond to others as you become more comfortable with your unit and with iRV2.

Again... welcome to iRV2! Please visit & post often.

MM
MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 05:17 AM   #8

Thanks MonacoMama for the welcome and the reassurance on the brand. I had not though about this in that manner. Thus far, it seems that the manufacturer is backing their product and the dealer seems to be doing quality work, despite the fact that these issues were not noticed on pre-delivery inspection. I must admit that I had not noticed these items either until we were out camping for the first time. I am sure that all will be well as I feel I have already gained much knowledge from the members of this forum.

DNR250, I am glad to hear from another Timberlodge owner. This gives me reassurance that the products manufactured by Adventure are relatively good. I think that Timberlodge has come a long way from what I have seen. Our 32RLS is a very nice trailer. I appreciate your response.

2008 Timberlodge 32RLSLE