Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-07-2012, 10:05 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikerdogs View Post
We researched pressure monitoring systems for several weeks before making a purchase. In all we looked at over a dozen different makes and models before making a decision. There are a lot of different systems to choose from, many with unique features.

We finally decided on the TST 507 system for our motorhome and jeep. I like the fact that each sensor can be set for a high and low pressure, high and low and temp, and assigned a wheel position. They can be moved from one position to another, or to another vehicle by just reprograming them with the monitor.

The monitor can act as a portable tire gauge. It can also be mounted a number of different ways, and either hard wired or plugged into the cigarette lighter.

This particular model uses external sensors with user replaceable batteries. We stayed away from sensors with set pressures and factory replaceable batteries. There is a good chance we will be transferring the system to another toad or motorhome. We didn't want to have to send the sensors in for battery replacement or trade them in if our new motorhome or toad require different tire pressures.

Another plus with this system is that the sensors can be used on braided valve stem extensions and on the rubber valve stems on the Jeep.
Here's a link to the TST 507 system: http://www.tsttruck.com/Product_List.html
THANK YOU for providing a link to the product you are referencing!!!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-14-2012, 06:23 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
We have TST 507 on 10 tires. The pressure and temp are accurate as I have used an infrared as well. Good Co to work with.

Old 04-14-2012, 10:14 PM   #17

YEP !!!!! just purchased the TST on 4/9. Should be here next week. I am really happy with my choice.

I went with the #507 starter kit and added enough of the battery replacement sensors to cover my truck as well.

Total cost was $459. It may be a bit pricey, but I am very pleased with the options of the unit and the monitoring capability.

Thank you all for your advice. OH and glad to know that that on the previous post the member compared the tire temp with infra red heat gun and that the reading was accurate. Very good to know !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-15-2012, 04:03 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr4Film View Post
Since air pressure and temperature of any tire are related, I would not make a decision based on whether the TPMS can measure temperature or not. After all, how accurate do you think a sensor sitting on the end of a tire valve stem will measure the temperature of the inside or for that matter even the outside of a tire correctly?
Did you ever think that maybe, just maybe, the sensor is calibrated to compensate for being outside the tire? Not saying it is and not saying it isn't, but I'm going to check next time I get a chance.
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 12:25 PM   #19

Regardless if the tempreture feature is present or not present, I am sold on the TST system for quality and the fact you can replace the batteries in all the sensors.
Old 04-16-2012, 06:58 AM   #20
JDT

I think my next system will be a TST. We had the Doran 360RV in our motorhome and had lots of problems after the first year with the sensors. To Doran's credit they would send me replacements at no charge. I did not get 3 years out of any of the sensors and this was with taking them off after each trip and storing them away from the coach in our house. When we sold the motorhome a few weeks ago I could not even get the monitor to come on. I told the guy who bought it he was on his own as I had messed with it all I wanted.
JDT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 07:06 AM   #21

Has anybody found a cheap source for the CR1632 batteries used in the 507 sensors? I checked all the dollar stores and they don't carry them. Autozone has them for $3.95 ea. Haven't checked ebay yet.
Old 04-16-2012, 07:51 AM   #22

Good to know Autozone has them. Radio Shack carries them to, or so I have been told.

Ebay will probably have the best prices. I have not checked there either. I am sure I will be in your shoes eventually when my batteries wear out.
Old 04-16-2012, 07:57 AM   #23
D M

Tiffin Owners Club
I use the TireTraker it is great and it does temp cant beat the price.
D M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:02 AM   #24

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I've had the TST system for a year now. I think it was a great investment. I always checked the tire pressures before a trip and that was it. I never checked the pressures everyday. Now at a glance I know they are all ok, so for me an added safety feature! The few times I called with questions,the folks at TST have been very helpful!

Equinox Toad
stearn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:35 AM   #25

Just did a quick check on ebay. I could have bought 12 CR1632 batteries for what I paid for one. Somebody reach out and slap me. Please...
Old 04-16-2012, 08:46 AM   #26

Excel Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
I believe TST is also working on a new transmitter/sensor that allows you to air up your tires without removing the transmitter/sensor...Sweeeeeeet
Old 04-16-2012, 09:05 AM   #27

Winnebago Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I had bad luck with the earlier TST system, but their customer service was fantastic! I now have the TireTracker system (Hawkshead/TireMinder are different labels for the same system). The sensors are smaller and lighter, do pressure & temp, and have replaceable batteries (I bought cr1632's at Walmart). The small portable monitor is great ...I move it back and forth between MH and toad depending on which I am driving. Having temp simply gives you another safety indicator ...I also have an infrared thermometer I will use sometimes at stops.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:06 AM   #28

I'm gonna move my infrared pistol to the cabin so I have easy access to it and shoot the tires when I'm filling up.