Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 05-16-2016, 04:06 PM   #1
Titanium awning repair

I know it's happened before...being guided backwards and sideswiped a tree....it broke the lower awning bracket from my 2008 titanium fifth...I'm sick about the scratches but the bracket was broken and torn from the wall...I assume after I find a bracket maybe a body shop can repair the wall so it can be reattached...please...any ideas...bracket replacement...body work...I'm a new owner...learned a terrible back up lesson....

Alex_49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-16-2016, 04:14 PM   #2
Question Titanium awning repair

I know this has happened before to someone I was being guided backwards with my 2008 titanium fifth wheel and sideswiped a tree and broke the lower awning bracket...where can I find a replacement awning bracket and then...who can do the small body repair to reattach the bracket to the fifth wheel...I'm sick about the scratches....I'm a new owner...terrible backing up lesson....does any body shop do this or must go to a rv center...guidance? Recommendations? please !!

Old 05-16-2016, 04:17 PM   #3
Hi Alex, we feel for ya. It is what it is and you'll feel much better as time goes on. How about taking a couple pictures of the damage, maybe we can give tou suggestions. Most likely you have insurance but the deductible will probably be a killer.

clifford j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 04:18 PM   #4
look like any of these?

titanium awning lower bracket | eBay
0rion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 04:21 PM   #5
Sorry to hear. Driving off with your power cable still plugged in to the coach is a little tough on it too.
2012 Dodge C3500 DRW 4x4
2012 Keystone Montana 3100RL
drdarrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 06:56 PM   #6
Thank you for the response so far. Yes, I hate making this kind of error...I love my new titanium so much and just hated that I damaged it. I was on my first camping trip when this happened. Thank you Orion for the list and I'll go out and try and match and hopefully one will be correct. Clifford j, don't know how to send pic on this site to you. I'll clean the rv up some tomorrow and take a few pics and try and figure it out.
Old 05-17-2016, 03:04 PM   #7
I was at Palo Duro state park in texas and as I pulled into the dump station with plenty of room away from the light pole (or so I thought!), I looked and the top of the pole bent toward the pull through and my awning bracket slid along the pole, then snapped in to the awning as the bracket passed the pole. Stuck! If I pull forward it will tear off the awning, if I back up there goes the bracket! I chose to back up, tore off the white bracket but no other damage. Once home, a trip to the junk RV place I found the brackets are no longer being made and the junk yard found me a black one. I took the black one, matched the trailer 'white' color and painted the silly thing.

Can't even tell there was a whooopsie!

2002 Holiday Rambler 30RKD
2000 F250 diesel extended cab short bed
2014 Demco Autoslide 18K
Timay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 03:53 PM   #8

Florida Cooters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Your issue isn't uncommon. I'm a former Titanium owner and seem to recall a fellow owner who did something similar. You might ask your question over on the Titanium Owners Forum. Someone there may be able to offer some specific help. The forum may be helpful for any future questions you have as well. Even though Titaniums have been out of production for several years, there's still a good number of dedicated owners on the forum.

Dave & Jo Ann
'08 HitchHiker Champagne 35LKRSB | '11 F350 Lariat 6.7PSD
Half Dimes is offline   Reply With Quote

awning, repair