Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-11-2015, 02:11 PM   #15

Rolfsted; I'll keep you posted when I get back. Mine has 3:73 gears and I'll be going slowly. My EEZ Tire Tire Pressure Monitoring System - 10 Mixed Sensors should be here in two days. I'll weigh before I unhook.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-11-2015, 09:01 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnut60 View Post
Stanley,
Haven't had any major leaks--have put Eternabond over both cap seams. Had a BR slide window leak give me fits and still not sure I have it fixed.
Just returned from 3 weeks in Colorado, hardly any rain, but furnace quit lighting...always something.
Joe
I'm down to one very small leak that will just get the corner carpet damp in very heavy rain. I have also taped both caps and the tops of the big windows.

Check your furnace again now that you're back on flat land. These furnaces are prone to failure at high altitude. If you do it right you change out the fuel nozzel for high altitude operation. I had success once by tapeing half the burner air inlet. I don't recommend that as you may blow it up, but I did get it to work by tapeing a little at a time until I got it to the right level.

stanleyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 09:07 PM   #17

I predict the trip will be a non-event for you. Do weigh that trailer, I don't think it's as heavy as you think. My good friend had the same rig and we pulled it around Florida with his truck (F350 DRW) and it didn't seem any heavier than my Mobile suites.

I also wanted to say that those wheels and tires are a good product. A little pricey but worth it. I blew two tires a few years back and upgraded to the GY 17.5s h rated and the price was worth it for the peace of mind. I think they are three years old now and I don't believe I've even had to add air.
Old 10-11-2015, 09:34 PM   #18

Stanley,
Will try it again when it gets cool enough--was 94 today.
'09 F450--died, replaced with '10--retired
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 08:04 PM   #19

An Update

Well Gordon, I wont be receiving the Darwin Award. I weighed 27,000 at the CAT scale. I made 8.4 MPG with the 6.0 doing 60-65 for 770 miles. Unfortunately my EEZY TPMS had a bad sensor. Also, with all of the stuff I had on the truck for the Lance camper the Travel Supreme did not squat the truck enough to have the 5er ride level. Can Mor Ryde suspensions be raised to make the whole rig level? Tanks.
Old 10-26-2015, 10:27 AM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowboat View Post
Well Gordon, I wont be receiving the Darwin Award. I weighed 27,000 at the CAT scale. I made 8.4 MPG with the 6.0 doing 60-65 for 770 miles. Unfortunately my EEZY TPMS had a bad sensor. Also, with all of the stuff I had on the truck for the Lance camper the Travel Supreme did not squat the truck enough to have the 5er ride level. Can Mor Ryde suspensions be raised to make the whole rig level? Tanks.

Always good to hear.
Old 10-26-2015, 12:30 PM   #21

Great that you have that under your belt. Uneventful as I predicted. If you have the TPMS system I have (from camping world) it is prone to false alarms some of which are pretty funny. mine will alarm randomly when trailer is unhooked but system still on. Sometimes I will be 25 miles away from the trailer and the alarm will come on for the first time. Also, it will indicate bad sensor battery but if you remove the battery for a few seconds and reset the device it will resume normal operation.

As to raising the mor ride, I guess you could with a heavier set of springs (2 on each axle). I'm still thinking your TS is a 3 axle so you're talking 6 springs. I've seen a number of trailers where they flip the axle, IE put the axle below the springs. That would raise it a lot but I'm not sure I'd do it with one of these heavy trailers. on the other hand I can't think of why not. make the step up into the trailer kind of high and I guess you would have to find a different way to hook up the shocks or get longer ones. I've changed my springs on the MS when one side sagged from use. Not a real bad job if you have a place to work and some heavy duty jacks. Price of parts was reasonable and I changed a number of hardware pieces while I was under there. Or take it to a trailer shop (trailer not RV) and have them do it.

Mine tows front a bit high and always has. There is plenty of automatic adjustment on that spring system and while the trailer looks front high I think the springs and suspension is still riding level. At worst it shifts a bit of weight to the rear axle which would cause more wear on the back axle. I've not noticed that and mine is 10 years old. I will say that when the stock tires blew out the two on the kitchen side went. I haven't weighed it side to side but I suspect the kitchen side is heavier and would cause more wear than towing with the front up a couple inches would. But, I'm no expert but I'm almost sure someone on here will be and will let us know.

Tags
tow, towing, travel, travel supreme